• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Porto Away - CL Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I see it. The emotional energy they were putting into this quadruple, and the sense of destiny crushed is hopefully going to have an effect. Meanwhile the Spurs lads will walk out feeling 10 foot tall in a stadium in which they've just created their favourite footballing memory. The Spurs supporters are going to make it sound like a home game too in the Emptyhad.

Thoughts and prayers to the quadruple and their sense of destiny.

As delighted as we are that City's confidence took a knock today, they essentially won the game tonight still. And have about 5/6 FRESH top class players to come in and rotate.

This Spurs side looked completely fucked at the end, lost their best CM (Sissoko) and will be partying all night, and afford to lose the game on Sunday. I actually don't see the motivation for Poch to risk anyone on Sunday. He will rotate and bring in the likes of Walker Peters and Skipp.

The only thing tonight has done has increased our chances of winning the CL and probably reduced our chances in the league.

P.s. How pissed would we all be had Sterling scored that offside goal on Sunday (and it was a winner), and there was no VAR to chalk it off.
Sunday?
They play on Saturday.

What I like is that spurs basically have a free hit at city now. I wouldn't trust them to enact revenge.

Nah City are winning the league game. City aren't losing/not winning 3 on the bounce against the same side.

I think the other way round..

Spurs Confidence...
City Deflated..

Very likely this, but just remember nothing is guaranteed, I dont think it is safe for any team to come 4th in PL this season as this season there is a strong chance either Arsenal or Chelsea could win Europa. I think in that case winners of that trophy qualify for CL, and 4th place goes to Europa. They are just 1 point ahead of Arsenal in league.
If this is the case both spurs and united have much to play for.

Spurs will at least get a draw on Saturday. Can you imagine the difference between the squads in training between now and then? One will be buzzing, the other will be wilting under the increasingly twitchy stare of the Mekon.

To be honest Spurs being life long bottlers...I did not want to see tonights game coz I knew City would win but dearly hoped Spurs would maybe have some resistence...credit to them for getting rid of those cunts from the CL. I want their investors to really suffer along with those at PSG. There was enough inbalance caused by state sponsored Real Madrid in the CL for decades ... we dont need another two state sponsored cunts on the block.

I have a great deal of respect for Pep and how he has got that team winning and playing like that. No team bar those in the top 6 actually wants to take them on. He has developed the formula for winning the winnable games with ease and has done that in Spain and Germany..and yes he has had the best and richest clubs to do it with. But can you imagine any of cities former managers getting them to play so consistently ? No.

Oh. My. God.

Please, moron, tell me that's whoosh bait?
I dont actually know .. does anyone know what will happen if say Ajax/Barca win CL, And either Chelsea/Arsenal win Europa ? What happens to 4th place team in PL ..do they get CL qualification ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom