• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been supporting Liverpool since 1965 and I don't recall any incident of public funds being used to bail us out. Manchester City, on the other hand, got the former Commonwealth Games stadium (the Etihad) on the cheap from Manchester Council.
Hey Portly, you and me 1965. What a year.

My mate at school was a Liverpool fan and invited me to try the Kop for Liverpool v Sheffield United. As you say 1965 was a good year to start as it was the first time in our history we won the FA Cup. I went to every match of that cup run including early fixtures like the replay at Stockport. :)

Wont bother asking what the result was as I know we never beat Sheffield Utd until this weekend.

Just when you think their current plight couldn't get any funnier - I found this on RedCafe

"As poor as the club have been in recent years at recruitment, Roy Hodgson could produce better football than this"

There's even calls for Wenger! LOL - I don't think I've ever seen a team endure a 6 year tailspin - One that shows no signs of slowing down.... Glorious :D

So I ended up registering for the fume and the Liverpool thread is still there. Close to 40 pages on why the European cup is shit and they don’t want it. And we are all still dippers on the dole with no education who like to smash buses.

Stop panicking about who the mancs get as manager. They've been a cemetery for van Gaal and Mourinho already. Same will be true for Allegri, Zidane or Pochetino
I was thinking that - That job is one serious poisoned chalice. Especially with the owners and Wood(whoever) pulling the strings + The amount of work needed to get back to some sort of functioning team is enormous. They'll chuck a ton of money at some mug - He'll clean up and they will fail again.

As long as Ferguson is turning up watching them every week, they are fucking doomed.

When the cunt dies, they’ll be on the up again. Dunno what I want to happen really?

I have always thought this. The baleful presence of Sir Alex (and Sir Bobby) must have an adverse effect of the atmosphere at the club. In addition, it seems unlikely that, being who they are, they refrain from expressing their opinions in an aggressive sort of way behind the scenes.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is why Liverpool FC would not make Bill Shankly a director after his retirement.

I have always thought this. The baleful presence of Sir Alex (and Sir Bobby) must have an adverse effect of the atmosphere at the club. In addition, it seems unlikely that, being who they are, they refrain from expressing their opinions in an aggressive sort of way behind the scenes.

Whether you agree with it or not, this is why Liverpool FC would not make Bill Shankly a director after his retirement.
Agree completely. I've always argued that our 'boot room' philosophy actually ended up holding the club back in the 90's, & stopped us modernising the club & the players attitude as we should have done for a long time.

There were loads of fans against appointing Houiller at the time as a foreign manager (hence the doomed joint manager thing & having old hands as backroom staff), which is quite bizarre to think of in hindsight.

Portly always does this, he's one of those tub thumping royal apologists.

I have the greatest respect for Portly as an elder statesman of 6cm, but I can't be doing with this business.

I'm willing to accept differences of opinion politically, on Brexit, Tories and whatever, but 'Sir' Alex and toadying to the fucking Royal Family is where I draw a line in the fucking sand.

I have the greatest respect for Portly as an elder statesman of 6cm, but I can't be doing with this business.

I'm willing to accept differences of opinion politically, on Brexit, Tories and whatever, but 'Sir' Alex and toadying to the fucking Royal Family is where I draw a line in the fucking sand.

What about Sir Kenny?

From the Fighting Cock - Spurs Fanzine/Forum

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/f...-v-bayern-munich-01-10-19-20-00.33366/page-80

"Goodbye Toby and Jan. You were great, but you days are well up. Take Aurier with you please"

"Glad I left when the fourth went in."

"Humiliating. Poch can fuck off"

"Embarrasing performance. There's absolutely no excuse for them just standing around watching the opponent play and run down the clock. Disgusting mentality, I am extremely disappointed"

"Forget the team, we need a new fanbase based on the noise from inside the ground, has been a fucking library all night.

If this is what the new stadium is going to bring us them what's the point? Livid."

"Still believe in the project?"

"Getting smashed 6-2 at home, don't care who it is turning up here, should never be happening, sign of poor game management and that this team is regressing."

"Sorry but tonight has done it for me, we need a change."

"Get rid of most of these cunts. They are not fit to wear the shirt.

Joke tactics

Joke defending

Joke team selection

Schooled by Bayern

Poch will say we will learn from this

We wont

I'm starting to think Poch is not the master tactician that the media think he is......"

"This is the end of this current spurs team. Was a good ride but we'll be seeing huge changes over the next few years. New GK, new CBs, new FBs, new DM, new attacking midfielders. Honestly, only see Foyth, Sanchez, Ndombele, lo Celso, Son and Kane being here in two years' time - and who knows how many of those will be starting. No one else is in the right age bracket or performing at the level that we want to be at."

"Players are a disgrace if Levy has a spine he will fuck them all of no matter what it costs and get players who want to be here. I'm upset and fucking angry at that shit show played well for 30 minutes gave away another silly goal then just bent over for them no spine in that team and Poch has to take some blame also. Again no fucking DM and shit subs made to late"

"Thanks for the memories but it’s time for goodbye Poch lad. Take Dele with you on the way out and don’t ever come back"

"I mean I've lost count of the number of times I've said this, I'm sick of myself just repeating the same shit, but this squad has been in desperate need of a complete wholesale overhaul for a long time, we've been getting away with it and overperforming in results for a couple of seasons, papering over huge cracks for a long time.

We've been made to look like absolute fucking incompetent clowns tonight; I saw it coming in the first half and got a barrage of disagrees for it, cause so many delusional fans who think we were dominating this game at one point. I don't get any pleasure from saying this but as a fan base we are living in la la land. We need to wake the fuck up and stop having such delusions of grandeur about our true level as a club. We knocked down the old stadium and built a new one, cause it wasn't fit for purpose anymore, but we forgot to do the same for the squad which was just as badly in need of a rebuild. The amount of works that is required is unbelievable, it will take multiple transfer windows, and I don't think Pochettino will be around for that."

"Dele fucking smiling out there talking to Gnabry he's taking the piss"

"Fuck Levy
Fuck Poch
Fuck Aurier
Fuck Alli
FUCK EVERYONE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom