• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

October Internationals & LFC Players in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southgate seems to still be rotating his fullbacks but yeah it doesn't look like TAA is first choice

I don't think the idea of winning the European cup final ev r not being enjoyable was ever called into question , @Wet WetDreambeliever , rather it was youd need some serious free time to elect to watch the whole 90 minutes, which event aside was mainly turgid , especially when the 05 final is available and offers over 2 hours of the most special cup final possible

Maybe I’ve watched 05 too much but now it feels the same as watching any of the other older finals. Last year is still so recent that I can still watch the 90 and enjoy it immensely.

Rice
Barkley
Winks
Hendo
Mount

On paper, must be the worst England midfield I've ever seen.
Sure, Alli and Maddison makes it look a little better but compared to Gazza, Robson, Ince, Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Scholes etc. doesn't really impress imo.
Yeah they didn't really change my mind...

How many years before Madisson gets his chance ? He could create so many chances for that team, why why why is he not getting a fucking game.

How many years before Madisson gets his chance ? He could create so many chances for that team, why why why is he not getting a fucking game.
Maddison pulled out of the squad. Probably wouldn't have started anyway.

Keane tearing into Danny Rose.

Southgate will probably play Chilwell and TAA in the next game.

Naby Keita: Liverpool midfielder removed from Guinea squad

By Oluwashina OkelejiFootball Writer, France

05 October 2019

Liverpool's Naby Keita will be given a chance to 'rest' during Guinea's forthcoming friendly internationals.

Guinea coach Didier Six has withdrawn Naby Keita from his squad ahead of next week's friendlies after it emerged Liverpool appeared 'reluctant' when he was called-up.

The midfielder, 24, was originally included in the 23 players for the friendly internationals against Comoros on 12 October in France and Chile three days later in Spain.

Fit-again after a muscle strain kept him out for six weeks, Keita has now been replaced by Czech Republic-based Kamso Mara in the Syli Nationale squad.

"Considering his physical condition, I would like Naby Keita to rest for these two matches," coach Six announced on the Guinea Football Federation (Feguifoot) website.

"I think Liverpool were reluctant when we selected Naby [Keita]. We have two tough friendly matches, especially against Chile, so I decided to make a change to the squad.

"I will speak to Jurgen Klopp, Liverpool coach, once in Paris, so that he [Keita] can just be available to watch one of the two matches.

"I would like Keita to recover and be at 100 percent of his level to enable him to play in our Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers in November.

"The same [visit to the squad] applies to captain Ibrahima Traore, who is injured."

Injury cut short Keita's campaign at the Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt after two group matches as Guinea went out of the tournament in the second round.

-----------

Good call.

Whats up with Benzema and National side?

If he replaces Giroud, France will win this easy

Keane tearing into Danny Rose.

Southgate will probably play Chilwell and TAA in the next game.
Both Rose and Keane were poor.— but they were hardly the only ones. The angle at which Rose receives the ball, you just know he’s going to be forced backwards or he’s going to lose it if he tries to get forward.

As for the midfield, that was as poor as I’ve seen play. Each time, they got the ball, they quickly got rid whether or not they were passing to a teammate. That is until Barkley cane on. Awful stuff.

I know Southgate always rotates his fullbacks— I’d have preferred Alexander Arnold to have played first and had a longer rest, though.

Both Rose and Keane were poor.— but they were hardly the only ones. The angle at which Rose receives the ball, you just know he’s going to be forced backwards or he’s going to lose it if he tries to get forward.

As for the midfield, that was as poor as I’ve seen play. Each time, they got the ball, they quickly got rid whether or not they were passing to a teammate. That is until Barkley cane on. Awful stuff.

I know Southgate always rotates his fullbacks— I’d have preferred Alexander Arnold to have played first and had a longer rest, though.
Was talking about Roy Keane. He was on ITV destroying England.

Watching the Brazil - Nigeria game. Firmino is playing.
Just heard the commentator say that "Barcelona had a dreadful season".
Imagine winning the league and it's still perceived as a dreadful season?

Denmark very lucky to grab all 3 against a rather potent Switzerland-team with a late Yussuf Poulsen goal. Really like that Zakaria-lad from Gladbach.

However, Kasper Schmeichel played like an absolute star on the night. Have a look;

Denmark very lucky to grab all 3 against a rather potent Switzerland-team with a late Yussuf Poulsen goal. Really like that Zakaria-lad from Gladbach.

However, Kasper Schmeichel played like an absolute star on the night. Have a look;

Yes, he was excellent yesterday. Brilliant performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom