• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

October Internationals & LFC Players in action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gini scores a second....he's on fire!

...waiting for some dick to say he never does that for Liverpool now..

Watching the Brazil - Nigeria game. Firmino is playing.
Just heard the commentator say that "Barcelona had a dreadful season".
Imagine winning the league and it's still perceived as a dreadful season?
To be honest, we may win the league - but if we lose the European crown, ... i don't know..we see the league differently I guess.

Odegaard looked very bright for Norway yesterday. Everything ran through him. Intelligent movement between the lines, always showed to receive passes, not scares to take players on.

Still not sure where his career will ultimately land him in respect to the hype he started with - but he is a very serviceable player and looked good yesterday.

Gini scores a second....he's on fire!

...waiting for some dick to say he never does that for Liverpool now..

He’s so dangerous in the box, when he’s allowed to “ghost” his way in and look for scoring opportunities. And he has a knack for scoring deflected/keeper’s blunder types of goals, which count all the same. Maybe he should “do a Henderson” and talk to Klopp about allowing him to play further forward. Nothing “dickish” about suggesting that.

He’s so dangerous in the box, when he’s allowed to “ghost” his way in and look for scoring opportunities. And he has a knack for scoring deflected/keeper’s blunder types of goals, which count all the same. Maybe he should “do a Henderson” and talk to Klopp about allowing him to play further forward. Nothing “dickish” about suggesting that.

Yes the dick part was tongue in cheek

Can sent off for Germany. Straight red for a poorly timed tackle just outside the box after he lazily let a sideways pass drift past him.

Has still been one way traffic towards the Estonian net though.

I love Gini in CM and he is better in that middle role than any of our other options, but this is another game that leaves me thinking he'd be nicely suited to the role Hendo is currently occupying. It was the Barca game that really made me think that though - he was able to grab that game by the scruff of the neck and made such a mark on the game with late runs into the box. If Naby were to get up to speed I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Fabinho - Keita - Gini as a midfield trio.

Wait does Hendo play further forward than Gini? I thought we played with two CM's not one CM and one AM?

Might be alone in thinking this but based on Hendo's latest performances he shouldn't even be starting.

Our midfield three is often something like this:

---------------GK------------------
----B-A-C-K-----F-O-U-R-----
---------------DM-----------------
----------------------CM1--------
---------CM2---------------------
--F-R-O-N-T---T-H-R-E-E----

At present i feel we are playing Gini at CM1 and Hendo at CM2. This is at least how I see things, maybe i'm wrong?

At present i feel we are playing Gini at CM1 and Hendo at CM2. This is at least how I see things, maybe i'm wrong?
Bar Firmino being a little deeper that's how I see it too.

Wait does Hendo play further forward than Gini? I thought we played with two CM's not one CM and one AM?

Might be alone in thinking this but based on Hendo's latest performances he shouldn't even be starting.

There's been plenty of times where we seem to be playing a very lop-sided CM three, with Henderson often playing wide on the right, and most advanced of the three.

I'm sure that's fluid and changes a lot, so that it can be lop-sided on the left also, but it does seem to me to be the case.

Aha...well I saw it as us playing a straight three basically.

Hendo----Fabs----Gini

Maybe Hendo and Gini a little in front of Fabs.

Playing Gini further forward is a no brainer in that case. Hendo rarely gets in the box, Gini does it more often.

Yeah, me too.

Could be my eyes and mind playing tricks on me, but I'm fucked if I'm going to look for heatmaps or any actual data evidence to support this hypothesis, I'm not Dreamy.

There's been plenty of times where we seem to be playing a very lop-sided CM three, with Henderson often playing wide on the right, and most advanced of the three.

I'm sure that's fluid and changes a lot, so that it can be lop-sided on the left also, but it does seem to me to be the case.
Yeah there's an element of fluidity to it like you said. I'm blown away, to tell you truth. I really didn't see it like everyone else did. There's definitely room for improvement.

Yeah there's an element of fluidity to it like you said. I'm blown away, to tell you truth. I really didn't see it like everyone else did. There's definitely room for improvement.

It's also why there's been a few games in which I have complained about our central midfield three sometimes looking more like a central midfield one.

Aha...well I saw it as us playing a straight three basically.

Hendo----Fabs----Gini

Maybe Hendo and Gini a little in front of Fabs.

Playing Gini further forward is a no brainer in that case. Hendo rarely gets in the box, Gini does it more often.
'A little " ?

:eek:

And yeah, Hendo definitely RM and advanced.

I think that’s exactly right. And I agree with the idea of trying Gini in the advanced CM position - which is where he played vs Leicester, while Milner was the CM1 as you call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom