• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

October Internationals & LFC Players in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
Sadio Mane will meet teammates Roberto Firmino and Fabinho when Senegal take on Brazil in a friendly hosted in Singapore on October 10.
The Brazilians then stay in Singapore for another exhibition with Nigeria three days later.
Jordan Henderson, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez are part of the England squad for two Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Gareth Southgate's side travel to Prague to face the Czech Republic on October 11 and then play Bulgaria in Sofia on October 14.
Also in Euro 2020 qualifying action are Virgil van Dijk, Georginio Wijnaldum, Divock Origi, Dejan Lovren and Andy Robertson.
In Group I, Robertson will lead his Scotland team to Russia on October 10 before returning home to play San Marino at Hampden Park on October 13. Origi's Belgium have meetings with San Marino and Kazakhstan.
Following the same schedule, the Netherlands play Northern Ireland in Rotterdam and then travel to Belarus. Lovren's Croatia host Hungary and then head to Cardiff to take on Wales.
-------
At youth level, Rhian Brewster is with England U21s for two fixtures. The Young Lions play a friendly with Slovenia ahead of a European Championship qualifier against Austria in Milton Keynes on October 15. In a different group, the Republic of Ireland U21s - featuring goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher - play Italy and Iceland.
Sepp van den Berg is with the Netherlands U19 squad as they kick off their European U19 Championship qualifying campaign with tests against Moldova, Latvia and Israel. Ki-Jana-Hoever, meanwhile, has been selected for the U18s for a friendly with Belgium.
Curtis Jones travels to Spain as England U19s compete in the International Marbella Cup, while Harvey Elliott also heads to Spain with England U17s for three matches.
----------

Sadio Mane will meet teammates Roberto Firmino and Fabinho when Senegal take on Brazil in a friendly hosted in Singapore on October 10.
The Brazilians then stay in Singapore for another exhibition with Nigeria three days later.
Jordan Henderson, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Joe Gomez are part of the England squad for two Euro 2020 qualifiers.
Gareth Southgate's side travel to Prague to face the Czech Republic on October 11 and then play Bulgaria in Sofia on October 14.
Also in Euro 2020 qualifying action are Virgil van Dijk, Georginio Wijnaldum, Divock Origi, Dejan Lovren and Andy Robertson.
In Group I, Robertson will lead his Scotland team to Russia on October 10 before returning home to play San Marino at Hampden Park on October 13. Origi's Belgium have meetings with San Marino and Kazakhstan.
Following the same schedule, the Netherlands play Northern Ireland in Rotterdam and then travel to Belarus. Lovren's Croatia host Hungary and then head to Cardiff to take on Wales.
-------
At youth level, Rhian Brewster is with England U21s for two fixtures. The Young Lions play a friendly with Slovenia ahead of a European Championship qualifier against Austria in Milton Keynes on October 15. In a different group, the Republic of Ireland U21s - featuring goalkeeper Caoimhin Kelleher - play Italy and Iceland.
Sepp van den Berg is with the Netherlands U19 squad as they kick off their European U19 Championship qualifying campaign with tests against Moldova, Latvia and Israel. Ki-Jana-Hoever, meanwhile, has been selected for the U18s for a friendly with Belgium.
Curtis Jones travels to Spain as England U19s compete in the International Marbella Cup, while Harvey Elliott also heads to Spain with England U17s for three matches.
----------
a south american team playing a friendly against an african team in asia. the game has truly gone global.
that's easily 24 hours minimum of travelling time alone plus +8h time zone difference.
the jet lags and all.
me no likey.

Yeah, but the Brazil/Senegal game is Thursday, and Brazil's match against Nigeria is Sunday. Our next match is 7 days later (plus the 8 hour time difference) ... so its not like they'll be flying home 48 hours before we are due to play, as on previous occasions.

And their not going to be sitting in row 48 of economy class :)

a south american team playing a friendly against an african team in asia. the game has truly gone global.
that's easily 24 hours minimum of travelling time alone plus +8h time zone difference.
the jet lags and all.
me no likey.
Over 13 hrs each way, and if they have any sense on the awesomeness of Singapore Airlines Business Class and not the shiteness that is BA! That said if they only stay 48-72 hrs then jetlag won't kick in when they return as the body likely won't have adjusted to Singapore time.

Yeah, but the Brazil/Senegal game is Thursday, and Brazil's match against Nigeria is Sunday. Our next match is 7 days later (plus the 8 hour time difference) ... so its not like they'll be flying home 48 hours before we are due to play, as on previous occasions.

And their not going to be sitting in row 48 of economy class :)
Red Ninja would be proud of you :D

Over 13 hrs each way, and if they have any sense on the awesomeness of Singapore Airlines Business Class and not the shiteness that is BA! That said if they only stay 48-72 hrs then jetlag won't kick in when they return as the body likely won't have adjusted to Singapore time.
Balls to Business Class in Singapore Airlines - Suites Class is the way to go, so I hear

Best I've had is Premium Economy with them, as they don't do upgrades on that route

I want Van Dijk to have a horror show. Or at least, for him to be unable to prevent it. COME ON NORN IRON!

Might need to catch that Senegal Brazil game somewhere.

Why are they going all the way over to Singapore to play this?

Have you guys ever been to Singapore? I'd rather see Mané playing a friendly there than going to Dakar to play some qualifier.
They'll be well pampered.

Balls to Business Class in Singapore Airlines - Suites Class is the way to go, so I hear

Best I've had is Premium Economy with them, as they don't do upgrades on that route
My daughter has fiddled Suites a a few times. Unbelievable. Own bedroom, lounge and bathroom/shower. Emirates has them too.

Why are they flying business class??

There are no Premier league games to catch live on board during those times, so I'm not sure what's the point...

what does "fiddled" mean in this context?
Her and her partner spend forever looking for special offers (cash or points) that may only last an hour or two (they have alerts sent to their phones by other members of the 'groups' they subscribe to). These special deals may have flights that originate in weird and wonderful starting points (Luxembourg for their current trip - daughter's here and then she's off to Japan) so they take a cheap flight over to wherever (obviously in Europe for them) and then get great seats for the long haul flights.

Occasionally airlines assign the wrong prices (like missing off a digit!) then they jump on these. Most airlines will honour them (BA won't) ! Those are usually only up for a few minutes before the error is noticed - hence the groups - which are often thousands strong - where one member notices and quickly forwards the offer to all of the other members).

Last edited:
Her and her partner spend forever looking for special offers (cash or points) that may only last an hour or two (they have alerts sent to their phones by other members of the 'groups' they subscribe to). These special deals may have flights that originate in weird and wonderful starting points (Luxembourg for their current trip - daughter's here and then she's off to Japan) so they take a cheap flight over to wherever (obviously in Europe for them) and then get great seats for the long haul flights.

Occasionally airlines assign the wrong prices (like missing off a digit!) then they jump on these. Most airlines will honour them (BA won't) ! Those are usually only up for a few minutes before the error is noticed - hence the groups - which are often thousands strong - where one member notices and quickly forwards the offer to all of the other members).
Aha...

I fly emirates to India occasionally (via Dubai).

I get chauffeured to Birmingham airport for noon, straight into the lounge for Champers and first lunch. Board the A380 (business class) and sip champers whilst cattle class board. Take off and straight into the bar for afternoon cocktails, pop back to my seat for second lunch, return to the bar for more of the same prior to Dinner. Land at Dubai and into the exec lounge for midnight champers and hors d’oeuvers before boarding the 777 to India to sober up and sleep before landing at 7:30 local time and into work

Hellish journey

England players prepared to walk off if they receive racist abuse in these international matches

England players prepared to walk off if they receive racist abuse in these international matches
Is it wrong that I'm now hoping they get racist abuse in every match within two minutes so TAA & Hendo both get loads of extra rest?

Yeah, it's defo wrong, but I don't care.

Is it wrong that I'm now hoping they get racist abuse in every match within two minutes so TAA & Hendo both get loads of extra rest?

If it was a league game / European game, the same players would never walk.

Not sure that would be wrong

However, infiltrating the crowd and initiating racist chants may well go slightly beyond the pale ..

Great finish .. but what the fuck is this American commentator on, "Firmino not known for scoring himself" ! Hahaha !
Yeah I also thought it was a strange thing to say.

Anyway, Fabs on the bench. Firmino subbed after 60mins. Mane still playing, so he's playing 90mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom