• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nike Sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mbappe is selling PSG shirts, doubt Nike would want to pay his fee's and lose out on PSG shirt sales where the margins would be higher

Whys that then? I'd wager we sell more shirts globally than psg and a thing called economies of scale probably suggests they make our shirts cheaper as a result and subsequently make more money per shirt sold , supply and demand etc etc etc

Look, it isn't difficult to come up with a plausible hypothesis for shits and giggles. Nike know that having their prime asset, Mbappe, the best and most exciting young player in the world, playing for a despised petro-dollar team who dominate a boring league is not great product placement. Place him instead in the most storied, romantic, beautiful club– a club with a legendary support, playing in the most exciting competitive league in the world, with the most likeable manager in the world, and who recently stunned their super rich competitors and fellow European giants to win their 6th European cup– and suddenly you're optimising your advertising.

This isn't just about shirt sales. It is about global strength- like having Tiger Woods in his prime. You want Tiger playing in the best tour, and you want people who aren't necessarily fans of the player, or even the sport, to recognise the brand association and link Nike with excellence.

When you put it like that it is hard to disagree....

Other than the fact, PSG don' need to sell him and don't want to sell him. And if Mbappe was available, Real, Man United, Barca, Man City could blow us out of the water
They dont need to sell neymar nor do they want to but the player is having a funny impact on the way things go

Whatever the truth in that, it is a shit league that they are guaranteed to win year-in, year-out. "I know" says the Nike advertising excec, "let's associate our best football asset with a complete lack of competitiveness, in a team with no history or international profile!"

PSG isn't associated with competitiveness internationally (or even football for that matter).

It's associated with everything chic and cool and fashionable, that's the PSG brand that Nike craves.

Can't say I'd be a massive fan like
9dce0e41deac7718af5c90d99d44632b.jpg

Perhaps I’m being alarmist, but I wonder if Klopp’s recent hints about wanting to “retire” after the expiration of his contract in 2022 and having “no interest” to renew is connected to the Nike thing. He’s made it clear he won’t tolerate a sponsor having a say in transfer policy in any way, shape or form - maybe the pressure to do otherwise is souring his relationship with FSG?

It’s got nothing to do with it. Klopp has left former clubs when he feels its right.

He could also sign a new contract during the next 3 years. And the way our club is run now, no sponsor will have a say in transfers.

If we are to use the Nike deal in any way, I think its more likely to be Sancho.
He also is a Nike posterboy.

I know its unrelated, as its todo with finance i thought i would ask. Why is the Boston Redsox worth more than a $1bn than Liverpool at $3.2bn? LFC has bigger revenue by almost $100m and has much more potential.

I know its unrelated, as its todo with finance i thought i would ask. Why is the Boston Redsox worth more than a $1bn than Liverpool at $3.2bn? LFC has bigger revenue by almost $100m and has much more potential.
Have you seen the price of the official baseball shirts? Just a few sales explains that difference.

Answers from the internet:

MLB's ownership stakes in MLB Advanced Media (100%), BamTech (15%) and MLB Network (67%), as well as the league's investment portfolio, are equally divided among the 30 teams, constituting over $400 million in value per franchise

After MLB sold the Washington Nationals–which the league had acquired in 2002 for $120 million–to the Lerner family for $450 million in 2006, the profits from the sale were parked in Baseball Endowment L.P. (BELP), of which each of the 29 teams that had owned the Expos had an equal share

They play at least 162 games a year. TV revenue, sponsors, tickets, etc. Of course, MLB attendance has been diminishing but still - 162 games for one of the big teams means big money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom