• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nike Sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s right interesting. I had a look at Liverpool’s figures, too. And, then, our Premier League competitors. I notice that Alexis Sanchez isn’t on the reported half a million a week.

As I was saying earlier, the only time I recall the press saying that a shirt maker got involved in a transfer was pogba to manure. Just on that, are loads of kids buying pogba kits? I didn't think he was as popular as all that.

I reckon Mane is the untapped global star type person. He's so cool without trying, pogba is all forced. Frim somewhere in the middle.

Wasn’t Beckham to Madrid something to do with Adidas or am I imagining that?

This the 14 year old wonderkid.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/...-moukoko-i-want-to-win-ballon-d-or-517568.jsp

Born in the same hospital as kanu
is he a 14 years old like this 16 years old indian?
7638992-6514123-image-m-110_1545263731306.jpg

Indian footballer Gourav Mukhi, 28, is suspended for six months after pretending to be 16 years old and league's youngest ever goalscorer

Sancho went from 40k to 190k ?

Indeed he has.

I find it odd because everyone expects Dortmund to cash in big time at the end of this season.

And if that is the case why would they be increasing his wages for this season?

If anything, this indicates to me Dortmund plan on keeping him for at least 2 seasons by placing him on such high income.

Indeed he has.

I find it odd because everyone expects Dortmund to cash in big time at the end of this season.

And if that is the case why would they be increasing his wages for this season?

If anything, this indicates to me Dortmund plan on keeping him for at least 2 seasons by placing him on such high income.
I think you’re right. Clubs are required to pay off a portion of wages left on a player contract when they leave without handing in a transfer request right?
They’d lose out on millions if the plan was to sell in 8 months time.

I thought it’s the club has to pay out lost potential income. So if the new team paid less the old club would have to top it up.

Surely though it’ll be on a contract by contract basis.

Sancho would surely be doing Odemwingies all over the show come January if he was still on 40,000 a week

Forbes reporting a deal is close. Highest ever in the PL, etc, etc.

Good to see. New Balance are constantly running out of stock around the world. Whilst we do not get money for the shirt sales, it doesn't help our cause when we come to renegotiate when thousands of fans cannot actually purchase the kits they want.

We've never been sponsored by Nike have we? I'd like second kits that aren't wank but hey ho

This Forbes link annoys me as it's being mentioned without any real link to an actual article.

I hope we don't go with Nike.

I've never been a fan of their jerseys.

I have a decent collection of jerseys - club, international - I'd say at approx 50 and there's not a single one by Nike.

You'll like it when Mbappe is banging in 50 goals as we cruise to the title 20/21 by 15 points.
Mbappe is selling PSG shirts, doubt Nike would want to pay his fee's and lose out on PSG shirt sales where the margins would be higher

Mbappe is selling PSG shirts, doubt Nike would want to pay his fee's and lose out on PSG shirt sales where the margins would be higher
Look, it isn't difficult to come up with a plausible hypothesis for shits and giggles. Nike know that having their prime asset, Mbappe, the best and most exciting young player in the world, playing for a despised petro-dollar team who dominate a boring league is not great product placement. Place him instead in the most storied, romantic, beautiful club– a club with a legendary support, playing in the most exciting competitive league in the world, with the most likeable manager in the world, and who recently stunned their super rich competitors and fellow European giants to win their 6th European cup– and suddenly you're optimising your advertising.

This isn't just about shirt sales. It is about global strength- like having Tiger Woods in his prime. You want Tiger playing in the best tour, and you want people who aren't necessarily fans of the player, or even the sport, to recognise the brand association and link Nike with excellence.

Look, it isn't difficult to come up with a plausible hypothesis for shits and giggles. Nike know that having their prime asset, Mbappe, the best and most exciting young player in the world, playing for a despised petro-dollar team who dominate a boring league is not great product placement. Place him instead in the most storied, romantic, beautiful club– a club with a legendary support, playing in the most exciting competitive league in the world, with the most likeable manager in the world, and who recently stunned their super rich competitors and fellow European giants to win their 6th European cup– and suddenly you're optimising your advertising.

This isn't just about shirt sales. It is about global strength- like having Tiger Woods in his prime. You want Tiger playing in the best tour, and you want people who aren't necessarily fans of the player, or even the sport, to recognise the brand association and link Nike with excellence.

I’m sold

Psg is the most heavily supported team in France, despite their short history.

The French love PSG. They don't think of them the same way we do City.

Psg is the most heavily supported team in France, despite their short history.

The French love PSG. They don't think of them the same way we do City.

Whatever the truth in that, it is a shit league that they are guaranteed to win year-in, year-out. "I know" says the Nike advertising excec, "let's associate our best football asset with a complete lack of competitiveness, in a team with no history or international profile!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom