• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, this is my concern too. Clearly he's talented, but has he got the mental strength to cut it away at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge when you need him?

I think that was the problem at Chelsea. He just wasn't 'ready'. I watched the Rome derby about a month or so ago, and it got pretty testy at times, and our boy Salah was nowhere to be seen. I don't expect him to start swinging for cunts, but he was fucking invisible. Didn't want the ball, hung out on the wing away from any form of action, and got rid of it everytime it came near him. Downing-esque.

I saw that match too - in his defence, the entire Roma team was junk that day.

Has there been any mention of the potential fee for him?

Yep, this is my concern too. Clearly he's talented, but has he got the mental strength to cut it away at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge when you need him?

I think that was the problem at Chelsea. He just wasn't 'ready'. I watched the Rome derby about a month or so ago, and it got pretty testy at times, and our boy Salah was nowhere to be seen. I don't expect him to start swinging for cunts, but he was fucking invisible. Didn't want the ball, hung out on the wing away from any form of action, and got rid of it everytime it came near him. Downing-esque.

It was one game, dude...Every player has the odd "off day". Still though, meh. Can't say I'm buzing with excitement at the possibility of us signing this fella.

Away at Old Trafford or Stanford Bridge has not been our issue. Home against Swansea is another story.

Not saying he is the solution to our problems, but some pace, guile and trickery against the bottom half would be welcome.

So we've had a 28mill bid rejected but we're still negotiating to get him, for 30+, is he really worth that? Maybe 30+ is the new 15+ so maybe it's not that bad. I just don't see him as all that. And I thought he was more of a winger than a Mane sort of player that likes to cut in and get in the box? Maybe Klopp has seen something in him that others haven't, as there's not exactly a queue for his signature, and Roma aren't exactly dismissing us out of hand either.

So we've had a 28mill bid rejected but we're still negotiating to get him, for 30+, is he really worth that? Maybe 30+ is the new 15+ so maybe it's not that bad. I just don't see him as all that. And I thought he was more of a winger than a Mane sort of player that likes to cut in and get in the box? Maybe Klopp has seen something in him that others haven't, as there's not exactly a queue for his signature, and Roma aren't exactly dismissing us out of hand either.
He's scoring goals so must be cutting inside or coming in central to receive the ball.
No idea as I don't watch Roma.

I think people are struggling to see that the Salah today is a very different player from the prospect coming through at Basel. My recollection of him from then was that he was a speedy winger who liked to run at people.

The Salah today is a proper wing-forward, who spends less time running at people, and more in trying to get into the box and score. In other words, he's intelligent and clinical. His 1v1 finishing is absolutely superb.

Have a look at his 40+ goals over the last 2 and a half seasons in Italy. This is a dangerous dangerous player. I'm amazed people aren't more excited about this.

My one concern would be the one I expressed in the Mahrez thread. He plays exclusively on the right. I wonder if Mane can be effective out left.

On paper though, a Mane-Firmino-Salah attack with Coutinho just behind would be a terror on the counter-attack.

If he can't play on the left forget it. I'm not up for punting £40 mill on someone who would mean moving our most dangerous player out of position. I was under the impression he could play across the front three.
I'd rather have Riera back if not.

I think there's a bunch of reasons why people aren't more excited about Salah.

The obvious one is that there is a perception he failed at Chelsea, couldn't really hack it in the Premiership, and also turned us down to join Chelsea.
Then there's the fact his best position appears to be the one in which Mane plays, and Mane is our best player already. Why would we move him?
And when Mane goes to play in that stupid African Cup competition, Salah will probably be joining him, so that's no help.

More importantly, if we're going to spend £40m, the priority has to be a striker, as welcome as another speedy, goal-scoring winger would be. Our issues have been a lack of an adequate pacy option when Mane isn't there, but buying one who plays in exactly that position and is also African seems a waste.

So yeah, not that excited, but I won't be too unhappy if we buy him. I will be unhappy if buying him means we start the season with Firmino as our first-choice striker though, as he's proven he isn't good enough to play that role.

I think there's a bunch of reasons why people aren't more excited about Salah.

The obvious one is that there is a perception he failed at Chelsea, couldn't really hack it in the Premiership, and also turned us down to join Chelsea.
Then there's the fact his best position appears to be the one in which Mane plays, and Mane is our best player already. Why would we move him?
And when Mane goes to play in that stupid African Cup competition, Salah will probably be joining him, so that's no help.

More importantly, if we're going to spend £40m, the priority has to be a striker, as welcome as another speedy, goal-scoring winger would be. Our issues have been a lack of an adequate pacy option when Mane isn't there, but buying one who plays in exactly that position and is also African seems a waste.

So yeah, not that excited, but I won't be too unhappy if we buy him. I will be unhappy if buying him means we start the season with Firmino as our first-choice striker though, as he's proven he isn't good enough to play that role.

Do you really think so? You've never mentioned it before.

If he can only play on the right, I'd love to know what we do with Mane? Play him through the middle as our new striker?

Someone mentioned in the Mahrez thread that Mane used to frequently play on, the left for Southampton. If that's the case, it could well work.

The African Cup is obviously an irritating issue. Same problem with Keita as well I suppose.

There is zero reasons beyond lack of cognitive ability why a left footed player like salah can't play on the left

£30.4M for Salah is a good fee
Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Fee agreed for Mohamed Salah?

Last Updated: 02/06/17 8:27am
mohamed-salah-roma_3757122.jpg

Liverpool are targeting a move for Mohamed Salah
All the latest Liverpool transfer news and rumours from across the British and European press on Friday, June 2.
Liverpool have reached an agreement with Roma's Mohamed Salah with the Italian club asking for a £30.4m fee, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
The Egyptian, 24, has enjoyed an impressive couple of campaigns in the Italian capital, having enjoyed a loan spell last season before joined permanently from Chelsea last summer.

Last edited:
bit prem but.....

Well Mohamed Sally
He's built for speed, he got
Everything that Liverpool need, oh baby
Yeah baby, woo baby
Havin' us some fun tonight, yeah

.....one for the oldies.

Someone mentioned in the Mahrez thread that Mane used to frequently play on, the left for Southampton. If that's the case, it could well work.

From the info in transfermarkt, that appears to be the case - he played mostly RW (and support striker) for Southampton in 15/16, but mostly LW for them in 14/15. At RB Salzburg, he was almost always a LW.

From the info in transfermarkt, that appears to be the case - he played mostly RW (and support striker) for Southampton in 15/16, but mostly LW for them in 14/15. At RB Salzburg, he was almost always a LW.

If Mo is left footed and can play left wing, play him there. I see no sense in moving one of if not our most effective player from the position he was lethal in last season.

My one concern would be the one I expressed in the Mahrez thread. He plays exclusively on the right. I wonder if Mane can be effective out left.

On paper though, a Mane-Firmino-Salah attack with Coutinho just behind would be a terror on the counter-attack.

Great post Dmish, and bang on. This is a great signing. We're buying a player for a Mane fee, and who has the potential to have the same kind of impact. I see him and Mane swapping flanks and interchanging. One is a rightie and one is a leftie, so they might be a very exciting combo.

This will be a fab signing if we make it.

Ssssssh ! You're going to give Brendan a heartache without a 20+ goalscorer !

Heartache? I don't get emotional about facts. If we have one we are statistically more likely to win the league. I'm utterly devoid of emotion when it comes to football.

Yes, you're quite the cool, calm and collected character, Brenners.

Who are we after? Which striker will sate your appetite for these 20 goals that you've unemotionally mentioned upwards of 3000 times?

I don't know. I'm not sure it's my job to know. I can simply refer to the information and data I have available to know that we should buy one.

I'm sure it's possible without my input, given my lack of a scouting network. For example, I didn't recommend we buy Luis Suarez, but we did and he was quite good.
We need to find a player of that sort of quality, end product and attributes. Like we did when we signed Torres before him.

A player like that, in this team, could make us a genuine title contender, easily supplying the 20+ goals that Champions and title-challenging teams always have.

As Salah-m alaikum.

We've needed more cunts in our team for a while and Mo Salah isn't that type of player. He's going to be a lightweight, frustrating individual who gets bullied by the likes of Shawcross et al. It's why he failed at Chelsea. And by the way, fuck Salah for rejecting us for Chelsea.

This guy is going to be a fucking waste of money. Really bummed at another massive opportunity missed if this is our priority signing. Why not use this money towards a top, top player? Focusing on Lucas Moura is the move for a winger, who isn't going to AFCON, and a Chelsea reject - but unfortunately there's no way we will get him.

Another consideration is that if we are buying from Roma, Radja Nainggolan would be my bet. He's not a winger but with a huge question mark over the fitness of Henderson he would be exactly the type of cunt we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom