• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mohamed Salah Link 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had 3 good seasons, not one. 43 goals in 109 games in his last 3 years in Italy.

This isn't some reject. He's one of Serie A's best players.
Some strikers in Italy would love that return. He's a winger, my only reservation is that come Jan 2019 we are screwed for a month.

I'm not convinced by him, he looks like yet another fucking player who'll play superb in those games where the entire team clicks, but then perform a vanishing act when we're playing so so. Basically he doesn't seem like a big match winning player to me.

Also, even though those years in Italy undoubtedly improved him as a player in a way that wouldn't have happened here, its beyond embarrassing that we're now looking to pay £40m+ on a player we could have signed for £12m a few years back if we didn't fuck around like a chicken trying to friend zone a nerd.

Liverpool have had an initial bid of €34m [£29.6m] rejected for Salah. [ItalyTRS]

after all the exotic / col players we have been linked with over the past few wesk, we are signing saleh. I Can see the ox following suit.

That was exactly what I mentioned I was a little concerned about. The PL isn't for everyone and he wasn't a resounding success here last time, no matter whether he was underplayed or not. If he had been that good surely he'd have had more minutes.

IF we are signing for depth then it's a good signing without doubt.

However, if we are signing him and he is under the pretence that he is in the starting XI then this might not end well.

Mane without doubt is an automatic starter - I could be wrong here but I get the feeling Klopp might try Mane up top central, and play Salah on the right.

I would still spend BIG on Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli than buy Salah.

I am often wrong when it comes to these kind of predictions, but I just don't see us being in for Salah at this point.

Gut feeling more than anything really, but as we have a finite amount to spend it would be rather aggressive to splash north of £30M on a wide-player that wouldn't even make the starting XI first day of the season if all players are ready for selection.

I've also got some worries that Salah might only blossom when given full backing and time to adjust, which is well different from his time at Roma.

The touted figure is £50m, which subdues a lot of my excitement if we do pull it off. Also, him and Salah missing for 6 weeks during the AFCON up is worrying

Seriously though. he fucked us off for Chelsea. Who fucked him off. And now he'll come. And the fucking price.

Seriously though. he fucked us off for Chelsea. Who fucked him off. And now he'll come. And the fucking price.

Couldn't care less about any of that if he gets the kind of figures he was getting in Italy for the last two seasons. My only concern is that he hardly set the world alight when he played in the prem last time around.

He fucked us off because we were low balling. Oh look, there we are again. The asking price was north of £30m, we offer under that. Good one Moores, looks like you've learnt nothing from the calamity that was Ian Ayres tenure.

That said, I'm not panicking, just annoyed we low ball. Wouldn't surprise me if that's the hold up with VVD.

LFC - Here's £30m
SFC - Yeah.... But City and Chelsea are preparing £50m bids.

Two days later...
LFC - I see what you are saying £30.5m

Yeah I have to say I'm not thrilled by this link. It looks like it's entirely possible it will happen though. A Chelsea reject, someone who shunned us previously and made his reputation playing in Serie A. And then there is the price - Alarm bells are ringing fellas.....

Are you a reject at 21/22? He's in good company mind you, Lukaku and De Bruyne...

the only odd thing about it is the fact he predominantly plays where Mane plays , I guess klopps forwards are fluid and he's actually left footed so could presumably play on the left alright

Have to say I don't get the whole turned us down so we shouldn't sign him lark.
He had the chance to play for a team with a much better squad than ours, play and live in one of the most exciting cities in the world and have a much greater chance of winning things than he would have done with us.
Oh and he was probably offered much much more money.

Can't say I blame him.

Doesn't mean he won't be an absolute star for us. If he does come, and turns out to be just that, would you really give a shit at the end of the season? No, of course not.

I don't think he has the mental toughness to cut it in the EPL.

A player suited to the Italian style - the same goes for Cuadrado - both are very good players, but suited to particular styles of play.

I've watched plenty of Roma fixtures this year and Salah has been very good.

My only question over him is his mental toughness, mainly off the pitch.

There's no chance he will start ahead of Mane - and that's where I fear the problem is, toys out of the pram very quickly and he'll be off to another club.

Yep, this is my concern too. Clearly he's talented, but has he got the mental strength to cut it away at Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge when you need him?

I think that was the problem at Chelsea. He just wasn't 'ready'. I watched the Rome derby about a month or so ago, and it got pretty testy at times, and our boy Salah was nowhere to be seen. I don't expect him to start swinging for cunts, but he was fucking invisible. Didn't want the ball, hung out on the wing away from any form of action, and got rid of it everytime it came near him. Downing-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom