• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v City (KO 01:05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salah and Mane looked very good. Fabinho and Van Dijk were good. Curtis Jones and Kelleher were impressive.

Just watched highlights.

High points: Milner giving zero fucks and clattering people, Solanke was actually impressive, Salah and Mane.

Hmmmm: Fabinho was shit

Just watched highlights.

High points: Milner giving zero fucks and clattering people, Solanke was actually impressive, Salah and Mane.

Hmmmm: Fabinho was shit
Fabinho hasnt looked all that to me, either when ive seen him play or in clips.
Hes going to get sent off a lot

Fabinho hasnt looked all that to me, either when ive seen him play or in clips.
Hes going to get sent off a lot

He was waaaaaaaaay too deep, was too safe with his passing and also didn't seem to read the game well enough.

He needs to improve fast, especially if we have to start the season with him rather than Henderson.

I really hope he does, but Bakayoko also looked great in that (over)hyped Monaco team and he was fucking dreadful last season.

He was waaaaaaaaay too deep, was too safe with his passing and also didn't seem to read the game well enough.

He needs to improve fast, especially if we have to start the season with him rather than Henderson.

I really hope he does, but Bakayoko also looked great in that (over)hyped Monaco team and he was fucking dreadful last season.

Klopp has said he doesn't think he'll figure for a while, I think he feels he's going to take a few months to get to grips with the league and playing that position against a alot of counterattacking sides. He said he will take longer to bed in than Keita, give him time. We always have TSG to step in in the meantime and Milner.

Klopp has said he doesn't think he'll figure for a while, I think he feels he's going to take a few months to get to grips with the league and playing that position against a alot of counterattacking sides. He said he will take longer to bed in than Keita, give him time. We always have TSG to step in in the meantime and Milner.

Yeah, forgot that Milner could play the holding role. And Wijnaldum's also pretty versatile.

I didn't know Klopp had said that about Fabinho, though. Seems weird. He's not coming off a long-term injury, and he didn't make the Brazil squad, so why would it take a couple of months? He's also playing in a familiar role. If he's sitting too deep - which he is - then it shouldn't take a few months for Klopp to tell him to play further forward and him fucking doing it.

Sounds like bollocks

Klopp said that at Monaco he played almost as part of thw defence & he needs to learn his role further up the pitch.

Klopp has taken a while bringing players through before this, Robertson & Chamberlain both were eased in very gradually & it worked wonders, & they were in the same league previously.

That approach has worked very well so far on balance so I'm prepared to be patient.

In much the same manner as the fact our signings have been massively improved so they get more slack when linked with someone like Shaqiri or someone I've never heard of now.

Basically they've earned themselves some respect in buying players & bringing them into the side so if we have to wait a couple of months then I'm not gonna bitch about it.

Fabinho read the game very well last night, I think you'd have to see the full game and not the highlights to see that.
He looked a bit of the pace but that is normal given how tough pre season is under Klopp, and your adapting to a new team.

A bit of time and patience is required from him, but he'll be an excellent player for us. According to the Monaco fans, Fabinho was the reason Bakayoko looked good in that team.

Yeah, forgot that Milner could play the holding role. And Wijnaldum's also pretty versatile.

I didn't know Klopp had said that about Fabinho, though. Seems weird. He's not coming off a long-term injury, and he didn't make the Brazil squad, so why would it take a couple of months? He's also playing in a familiar role. If he's sitting too deep - which he is - then it shouldn't take a few months for Klopp to tell him to play further forward and him fucking doing it.

Sounds like bollocks

I think he's just observed the system he's played in, the type of sides he's figured against and how well he has adapted previously. It does seem weird, but it seems his concerns were justified.

Klopp said that at Monaco he played almost as part of thw defence & he needs to learn his role further up the pitch.

Klopp has taken a while bringing players through before this, Robertson & Chamberlain both were eased in very gradually & it worked wonders, & they were in the same league previously.

That approach has worked very well so far on balance so I'm prepared to be patient.

In much the same manner as the fact our signings have been massively improved so they get more slack when linked with someone like Shaqiri or someone I've never heard of now.

Basically they've earned themselves some respect in buying players & bringing them into the side so if we have to wait a couple of months then I'm not gonna bitch about it.

I like how Robertson's delayed introduction into the team has now become a well-orchestrated and strategic plan of managed integration, rather than Moreno getting injured, which is what actually happened.

Its true that an injury got Robertson into the starting line up, but the months prior to that gained him valuable experience from coaching and training, instead of starting right away.

How did he look a twat? I don't like him but he said it's alright, come on in, then stood and shook his hand. Looking for something not there.
Really? He invites him to sit next to him, which Klopp obviously took as a friendly gesture. Klopp comes and sits next to him, and Pep proceeds to fuck off in what seems like a huff. Klopp was clearly a bit surprised.

I like how Robertson's delayed introduction into the team has now become a well-orchestrated and strategic plan of managed integration, rather than Moreno getting injured, which is what actually happened.
He'd played Robertson sparingly when we first got him & then he dropped him completely saying he wasn't ready & needed more training.

He also didn't throw Chamberlain straight into the side instead giving him time to adjust to the way we played.

Fabinho read the game very well last night, I think you'd have to see the full game and not the highlights to see that.
He looked a bit of the pace but that is normal given how tough pre season is under Klopp, and your adapting to a new team.

A bit of time and patience is required from him, but he'll be an excellent player for us. According to the Monaco fans, Fabinho was the reason Bakayoko looked good in that team.

Do the same Monaco fans have any opinion about why Fabinho didn't play anywhere near as well without Bakayoko last season?

Do you know this is even true? Cos it won't be based on you watching Monaco.

A central figure in Monaco's Ligue 1 title win last season, Fabinho has not been as impressive this term and said his mind had dwelled on his aborted move to the capital and led to his mediocre form in the first part of the campaign. - ESPN

"Kylian Mbappé, Bernardo Silva, Tiémoué Bakayoko were all allowed to move on at the end of the campaign, it was telling that Fabinho was ordered to remain despite an informal agreement with his representatives, Jorge Mendes and the former Portugal midfielder Deco.
The result was a mediocre start to the season that may have ultimately cost him a place in Brazil’s World Cup squad
" - The Guardian

""Sometimes, I couldn't give my best. I know that I'm not the same Fabinho of last season. With Bakayoko, we had great reflexes (as a pair), we were both capable of defending and attacking. Physically, we were strong." - Fabinho

Hope that helps, Mr Logic

Really? He invites him to sit next to him, which Klopp obviously took as a friendly gesture. Klopp comes and sits next to him, and Pep proceeds to fuck off in what seems like a huff. Klopp was clearly a bit surprised.

Beginning to wish I'd never watched it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom