• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
This was EXACTLY the kind of game we would lose in the past. Bogey team, shit referee, calamitious mistake at the start, low tempo. Thanks Allah for Mo Salah!

Karius 6.5 I liked his distribution (especially compared to the horrible shit-show from the guy in the opposite goal) and command of the area, how quickly he came off his line.
Gomez 7.0 Oozing confidence and showing very good understanding with his teammates. A few disappointing deliveries, however.
Matip 5.5 At fault for the goal, calm and composed for the rest of the game, except for that moment when he allowed Vardy a run at goal from a simple long ball. Let's hope VVD's arrival will help him turn around his so far disappointing season.
Lovren 6.0 Quiet game for him
Robertson 6.5 Very active and busy in attack and made a few key interceptions in defense. However wasteful with his crosses today.
Can 6.0 At times it seemed like he was moving through quicksand, including for the goal, but also made some strong plays in midfield and drove forward whenever there was an opportunity.
Milner 7.0 Creative fulcrum of the team in midfield, constantly got into good positions and used the ball smartly. Assist for Salah's 2nd.
Coutinho 6.0 Started in a deeper midfield position and couldn't quite get going against Leicester's deep-sitting midfild; later in the game his touch deserted him a couple of times - not one of his best games.
Mane 5.5 Very poor first half, looked disintrested and not willing to use his pace and physical advantage. Improved somewhat when played through the middle, nice back-heel assist for Salah's first.
Salah 8.0 MOM. One could say he was wasteful with his chances, but to be fair most of them were rather difficult and he created most of them himself. Never stopped trying and in the end he was the difference and the game-winner. 2nd goal was Suarez-worthy and should give Maguire nightmares for the next few months at least.
Firmino 7.0 Bobby is in a good run of form and it showed - every touch was full of purpose, dropped very deep, but it was effective.

Subs:
Oxlade 6.5 Showed some very sharp close control and energy after coming on, but also a couple of half-arsed challenges that could have cost us.
Wijnaldum n/a
Klavan n/a

Last edited:
The fuck can you give Mane 5.5 after that assist?

Also, I'd add that Can and Matip were our worst players today.
Can was especially poor imo. Extremely wasteful with the ball and not at all suited for the DM or anchor role in midfield.

The fuck can you give Mane 5.5 after that assist?

Also, I'd add that Can and Matip were our worst players today.
Can was especially poor imo. Extremely wasteful with the ball and not at all suited for the DM or anchor role in midfield.

Would have been 5.0 otherwise

It was a great gutsy win against a strong Leicester side. We fought back from Leicester's early goal, went into a 2-1 lead and managed to hold on to our lead until the final whistle. This was refreshingly normal.

I don't know what's gone wrong with Mané, Last season he was electric, this season his fuse has blown. Whether he is still recovering from his injury, or whether he has lost motivation for some reason, is impossible to know.

Gomez was great

I'm not a fan of his but I'm not overly critical of Can today because he does something different to our other midfielders which I think is useful. His size and skill mean he can quite often take problem passes, shield the ball and retain possession whilst calming things down. Not a massive deal but I do think it helps at times.

Thought that early mistake got into Matips head a little when he was in possession, making him play safe balls at times.

Coutinho looked right up for it first half and completely disappeared as the second half went on. Might be tired, I can see him on the bench next game.

Great result after going behind.

Giving that goal away was just shambolic - I'd quite happily see the back of Karius and Can.

Firmino continues to impress with his tenacity and Salah seems to have some magnet in his boots that just puts him in the right place for chances. What a signing he has been.

Mane should have been on the scoresheet but was a bit careless with his runs. Hopefully just a temporary lull for him and he'll get up to the level of the other 3 quickly

Too much is made of the goals we concede on this site and by the media. I dont see that same level of analysis when man city or united concede goals and they have been conceding and gone behind a few times this season.

Good victory today with the recovery and i hope we absolutely smash Burnley on new years day.

Amazing how opinions differ. I thought Coutinho was brilliant today. Some of his passing was unbelieveably good.

Great result after going behind.

Giving that goal away was just shambolic - I'd quite happily see the back of Karius and Can.

Firmino continues to impress with his tenacity and Salah seems to have some magnet in his boots that just puts him in the right place for chances. What a signing he has been.

Mane should have been on the scoresheet but was a bit careless with his runs. Hopefully just a temporary lull for him and he'll get up to the level of the other 3 quickly

What did Karius do wrong?

Gomez was great

I'd have to watch the game again (I'm not going to do that) as I'm still not sure what happened in the second half when Gomez and a couple of other players seemed to have a collective brain fade, with a flatfooted Gomez left staring at a ball that no one else appeared to regard as their responsibility. Eerily like a school game. Hard to be sure whose fault that was, but it was horrible.

Generally, though, I do agree. He really looks so promising.

I'd have to watch the game again (I'm not going to do that) as I'm still not sure what happened in the second half when Gomez and a couple of other players seemed to have a collective brain fade, with a flatfooted Gomez left staring at a ball that no one else appeared to regard as their responsibility. Eerily like a school game. Hard to be sure who's fault that was, but it was horrible.

Generally, though, I do agree. He really looks so promising.

I don’t know if it was the same moment you’re describing, but I remember Mane leaving the ball inexplicably even though he was the closest player to it, and then Can had to stretch to clear at the last moment. Don’t remember Gomez being involved in that.

I don’t know if it was the same moment you’re describing, but I remember Mane leaving the ball inexplicably even though he was the closest player to it, and then Can had to stretch to clear at the last moment. Don’t remember Gomez being involved in that.

This was the second half, about midway in our half, on Gomez' side. For a moment it was horrifying.

Too much is made of the goals we concede on this site and by the media. I dont see that same level of analysis when man city or united concede goals and they have been conceding and gone behind a few times this season..

That's because City are undefeated. And you hear all kinds of analysis on United failing to score.

That's because City are undefeated. And you hear all kinds of analysis on United failing to score.

Yes and we did not lose the game today - just like City never lost the string of 2-1 games where they conceded silly goals but no one mentions their defense do they ? No. As for United Failing to Score - ok in those games where they fail to score but their are goals - it is never highlighted that defensive errors caused the issue - instead teh focus turns to the attack. In most games we have drawn and goals are scored - the attention is never on our fab four for making the wrong decisions or not being able to score after missing many chances - no the attention is that our defense fucked up. Sometimes i get the feeling we at LFC are not allowed to concede.

Did you see MOTD today ? - only four goals conceded at home and the whole world has been saying we got defensive issues. I think we all know our problem has always been a tactical one where prior to the Spurs game we actually decided to not to bother defending or providing any protection to the back 3/4.

I've not been watching the forum of late but has Brendan quit all the flabby melt stuff about Firmino given he's the fulcrum for all our positive play and has scored 16 goals this season?

No - but I have missed your posts about your cock. How is it ? - did you give two nice strokes for each of Salah's goals ?

We've barely lost in 2017 ...
Bar the first 10 minutes, we were the better team and the 2-1 scoreline flattered Leicester.

Is Mane carrying a bit of extra weight or bulk since his injury? I mean he's still skinny. Just not super model skinny. Doesn't seem as rapid and elastic as he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom