• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bournemouth (h) post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
FbLdDUhUUAQ0vEE

FbL8q5QVsAEhif8

These were our average positions on the day – much better shape than against United, even though Henderson had to sacrifice his game somewhat by playing in a less comfortable position. When Thiago returns, the double-pivot should look more convincing. Overall, this shape cannot be described as a 4-2-3-1 (because there is no "1," unless you count Salah staying high up the pitch on the right); more like a 4-2-4-0 with Firmino dropping deep, Diaz coming inside and Elliott, Salah and Trent forming a potent attacking triangle on the right.

Firmino produced a stellar MOTM performance – 2 goals and 3 assists (even if only of those was a "true" assist), much better games from Van Dijk, Fabinho and Gomez, Elliott and Diaz once again were moving non-stop. Bajcetic came on the right of the midfield 3, playing in a more attacking position, but by that time tactics mattered little – congrats to him and Bobby Clark on their first-team competitive debuts. Trent's shot was Gerrard-esque, but personally I found the headed goals most pleasing – there is something so satisfying about planting an unstoppable header in the corner and we did it thrice.

All in all, John Henry chose a pretty good game to visit Anfield. Let’s hope he listened to this fan:

Last edited:
These were our average positions on the day – much better shape than against United, even though Henderson had to sacrifice his game somewhat by playing in a less comfortable position.
That was identified by most as one of main reasons we lamely capitulated to United. Hendo was AWOL. We have to see if he continues to have the discipline to hold his position, no doubt Klopp had words but I don't know why this wasn't communicated to him during the United game as well.

I’d just like to point out that I said before the game that the aerial part was probably one were Diaz wouldnt replicate Mane. He obviously frequents this forum and scored two headers yesterday.

What a player.

If he shows that form for the season and gets us 15+ goals, the concern will go.

As I said, the talent issue was not the question ... the "can he do it" issue was there for me since last year considering his goal output.

Down to the no-look goal. Crazy to think he hasn’t scored in the Premier League at Anfield since 2020.

Also: any chance he meant the “bad touch” that turned into assist for Elliott? See for yourself:

No chance he meant that. You can see him awkwardly stretching back for it. If he meant it be wouldn't have changed body position

Elliott was smart and acutely aware of the situation

Also: any chance he meant the “bad touch” that turned into assist for Elliott? See for yourself:

Absolutely not. Look at the action of his right foot. He made a second attempt to get control of the ball.

Absolutely not. Look at the action of his right foot. He made a second attempt to get control of the ball.

…which totally fooled the defender and opened space for Harvey’s shot. I believe Bobby could miscontrol the ball, but that wild swing/step-over with the right was on purpose.

The defender was always following Firmino’s initial movement which ended up creating the space. I think you’re looking for something that isn’t there.

Such a poor performance all round today. It left many Liverpool supports disappointed. The Kop end crying out for 10, and we only managed 9...
Klopp should re-consider his postilion as manager :rolleyes:

I've only just caught up (didn't watch it live)..

I don't get how the O.G. stood. It's a loophole that needs closing. I get that VAR can't interfere if it's a corner. But if it goes in.. that's interfering with play for me.

That aside. What a fucking performance. Alisson may as well have been smoking a cigar on a stool.

I don't get how the O.G. stood. It's a loophole that needs closing. I get that VAR can't interfere if it's a corner. But if it goes in.. that's interfering with play for me.

That aside. What a fucking performance. Alisson may as well have been smoking a cigar on a stool.

Yeah I was shocked it stood. I'd rather not get VAR luck at 6-0

I think VAR gave up at 6-0 because, what difference would a wrongly awarded goal make anyway? Might as well amp up the party

Hes not offside because he never becomes 'active' in terms of playing the ball. The defender decides to play the ball and miscontrols it, Diaz has no impact on that.

No chance he meant that. You can see him awkwardly stretching back for it. If he meant it be wouldn't have changed body position

Elliott was smart and acutely aware of the situation
That's why attackers need to be closer to each other; you won't need moments of magic from someone but rather you create goalscoring situations through pressure.

Hes not offside because he never becomes 'active' in terms of playing the ball. The defender decides to play the ball and miscontrols it, Diaz has no impact on that.

Yea but you know that the possibility is that a defender doesn’t make a last ditch slide with an uncontrolled contact with the ball if the forward isn’t in a position to finish behind him. The argument is that he’s actively influencing the game from an offside position.

I strongly dislike this and not sure about the new VAR implementation of offside. Defending is just as big a part of the game as anything else and we shouldn’t be constantly shifting the goalposts there.

I agree, but that's the same rule when a team staggers their run from a set piece or when the linesman doesn't flag for offside til a guy actually touches the ball eve though hes 10m offside.

I think the modern game basically makes it impossible to play an offside trap which is why our high line gives me multiple heart attacks per week. The only time it seems to go against the attacking team is when the offside player is impeding the goalkeeper.

That's why attackers need to be closer to each other; you won't need moments of magic from someone but rather you create goalscoring situations through pressure.

There's no right or wrong here, it's really about playing style. Klopp tends to keep our attacking players apart as it forces defenders to make a choice and step out of their assigned space which leaves gaps for others to attack, for example Bobby dropping deep creates a space for Mo to run into. City tend to cluster their players together because Guardiola tries to create overloads in a 2v1 or 3v2 and make quick interchanges. Both are effective.

FbLdDUhUUAQ0vEE

FbL8q5QVsAEhif8

These were our average positions on the day – much better shape than against United, even though Henderson had to sacrifice his game somewhat by playing in a less comfortable position. When Thiago returns, the double-pivot should look more convincing. Overall, this shape cannot be described as a 4-2-3-1 (because there is no "1," unless you count Salah staying high up the pitch on the right); more like a 4-2-4-0 with Firmino dropping deep, Diaz coming inside and Elliott, Salah and Trent forming a potent attacking triangle on the right.

Firmino produced a stellar MOTM performance – 2 goals and 3 assists (even if only of those was a "true" assist), much better games from Van Dijk, Fabinho and Gomez, Elliott and Diaz once again were moving non-stop. Bajcetic came on the right of the midfield 3, playing in a more attacking position, but by that time tactics mattered little – congrats to him and Bobby Clark on their first-team competitive debuts. Trent's shot was Gerrard-esque, but personally I found the headed goals most pleasing – there is something so satisfying about planting an unstoppable header in the corner and we did it thrice.

All in all, John Henry chose a pretty good game to visit Anfield. Let’s hope he listened to this fan:

To which he probably replied, “I just saw us win 9-0. No we don’t”.

I agree, but that's the same rule when a team staggers their run from a set piece or when the linesman doesn't flag for offside til a guy actually touches the ball eve though hes 10m offside.

I think the modern game basically makes it impossible to play an offside trap which is why our high line gives me multiple heart attacks per week. The only time it seems to go against the attacking team is when the offside player is impeding the goalkeeper.

Yea that’s my problem with it, always hated this advantage with the attacker talk. Advantage with the defence that trained all week to perfect their offside trap if they’ve played it right.

Hi All,

Just wanted to day having watched the highlights , I am shocked by the abilityband confidence of that kid Bajetic, what the fuck ...is he really 17 ? He already looks the part, and probably reason we did not move urgently to sign a midfielder this transfer window.

Hi All,

Just wanted to day having watched the highlights , I am shocked by the abilityband confidence of that kid Bajetic, what the fuck ...is he really 17 ? He already looks the part, and probably reason we did not move urgently to sign a midfielder this transfer window.
As good as a 9-0 thrashing is we still need another MF. Stef is only 17, he will get better but isn't ready yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom