• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jan Transfer Window (rumours, wishes, exists and formation change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit different from the usual... No business in January

When asked about the chances of getting Bellingham in January, Klopp couldn't keep a straight face. He said, "[Laughs] In January?, I'm the wrong person. Are you from the buying side or the selling side? I'm the wrong person to ask that, you'll have to ask other people about that."

"January in our situation is, we always say in this moment because it's true, from the sports side we are always prepared, that's how it is," Klopp explained. "It's always clear what kind of ideas we have and how the necessity is from our point of view and that's clear but all the rest doesn't lie 100% in our hands and that's how we have to work.

Can't believe this guy, The Georgian, is not on LFC's radar. Him on the left, Salah on the right and Darwin through the middle would tear up most teams

For me, if we’re to maintain a realistic top-4 and CL challenge and position the squad for a successful revamp in the summer, we should be looking to buy a left-sided attacker and a midfielder this January. Bellingham won’t happen until the summer, so we should pay whatever Brighton is asking for Caicedo - will be expensive, but still less compared to other alternatives like Enzo. And we desperately need fresh legs to keep the engine room ticking.

We also need fresh energy in attack - Diaz being out until March (in the best-case scenario) kind of leaves us no choice. I would be super happy if we got Mudryk; there are also a couple of interesting young wingers who play in France or Germany we’ve been linked to recently, unfortunately I didn’t watch enough football recently to properly scout them. But we definitely need someone with pace, physicality, ability to carry the ball and goals. I feel in some way we never found a true replacement for Mane and we need to keep looking until we find one - when Diaz comes back he can be shifted to other positions if necessary.

Last edited:
For me, if we’re to maintain a realistic top-4 and CL challenge and position the squad for a successful revamp in the summer, we should be looking to buy a left-sided attacker and a midfielder this January. Bellingham won’t happen until the summer, so we should pay whatever Brighton is asking for Caicedo - will be expensive, but still less compared to other alternatives like Enzo. And we desperately need fresh legs to keep the engine room ticking.

We also need fresh energy in attack - Diaz being out until March (in the best-case scenario) kind of leaves us no choice. I feel in some way we never found a true replacement for Mane and we need to keep looking until we find one - when Diaz comes back he can be moved to other positions if necessary.
I wouldn't but a left sided attacker.

We have Nunez fit who can play there. Jota and Diaz injured.

If we were looking for an attacker I'd sat firmino or salah side so you can shift salah into the middle.

Gakpo or Kvaratskhelia would be luxury signings for me

I wouldn't but a left sided attacker.

We have Nunez fit who can play there. Jota and Diaz injured.

If we were looking for an attacker I'd sat firmino or salah side so you can shift salah into the middle.

Gakpo or Kvaratskhelia would be luxury signings for me

Jota is much better in the middle. And yes, Darwin can actually play well on the left, but then we’re kind of light up front - it might work, but not convinced it’s the best option.

Jota is much better in the middle. And yes, Darwin can actually play well on the left, but then we’re kind of light up front - it might work, but not convinced it’s the best option.
The more I look at Enzo and his price tag, the more I think we're better off directing it to The Georgian. He makes things happen in the final 1/3 of the pitch, he presses like Mane and Salah, and I expect Darwin to live upto his price tag next season scoring 20 plus goals in the league. We can then rotate Diaz and Bobby with Jota being sold to finance the purchase of The Georgian.
NB if any one's wondering why I just call him "The Georgian", because I can't get the spelling of basic words and names correct, I've got no chance with his name.

If they cost the same, would you go for Enzo or Rice?

It really depends on the context elsewhere. I see it as Amrabat or Rice & Enzo or Bellingham.

If we're speaking strictly short-term then we need a Rice/Arambat style more in the immediate future.

We've been lacking athleticism, aggression and physicality all season, and we need to start planning for life after Henderson and Fabs.

I have a feeling it will be Ox, Carvalho, Jones and Darwin as options on the left until Diaz is back.

I’d go for Dango Ouattara from Lorient. Can play on both wings, 20 years old and has 1,5 years left on his contract. Very good player that can be immense and there might be a good deal to be done.
Win - win.

Can't believe this guy, The Georgian, is not on LFC's radar. Him on the left, Salah on the right and Darwin through the middle would tear up most teams

He kinda reminds me of Arshavin and he’s a bit meh. And how many players do we need as LF ?

This isn’t fantasy football.

Harvey Barnes maybe?
He is all right, nothing crazy but stable and still improving.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan
[article]

Aston Villa are willing to sell Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho in January, just a year after the 30-year-old arrived at Villa Park. (Football Insider)
Villa manager Unai Emery does not want to work with Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez, 30, and is keen to offload the World Cup winner next month. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

[/article]

He does seem like a prize bellend in fairness. Cash in while his stock is high.

Yup, was just typing the same myself, definitely a bad winner too.

The wind up approach to penalties and all that is fine, whatever it takes to win, but you can drop being a cunt afterwards unless you’ve got Zlatan skills to back it up and even then it’s difficult to like.

Yup, was just typing the same myself, definitely a bad winner too.

The wind up approach to penalties and all that is fine, whatever it takes to win, but you can drop being a cunt afterwards unless you’ve got Zlatan skills to back it up and even then it’s difficult to like.

It's getting a bit bizarre tbh. It's not like Mbappe has any personal animosity with the Argentines. I wonder whether it's because he's never had much success at club level, and doesn't know how to deal with it. Either that, or there's civil war in the PSG dressing room and Messi has been blackening Mbappe's name

He’s a great young player and would only get better - I’d be happy for anything around 25m for Elmas.

I got a feeling Amrabat will join us this window.

I don’t - we don’t have a place in the squad for him.

My money is on either someone who can be registered as an U21 (Enzo Fernandez) or a home-grown player who can be registered (Rice).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom