• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

Re: Re: Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46797.msg1425589#msg1425589 date=1321225485]
How are we only 2 scores behind?
[/quote]

Dude, you need to learn when to button it.

Stafford having a meltdown. Just threw straight to Wright and Tillman on those plays.

East coast teams are NOT having fun out west today. I don't know what Baltimore are up to in Seattle, and the Giants have run into a 49ers team playing real football.

Re: Re: Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46797.msg1425598#msg1425598 date=1321227195]
Stafford should be out of here.
[/quote]

DJ Moore seems to concur.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1425533#msg1425533 date=1321215619]

Our Timothy enjoys a challenge. He's decided to make a career for himself as a quarterback, without passing the ball.
[/quote]

2 completed passes , 1 win.

incredible

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1425614#msg1425614 date=1321234039]
Nicely on the way to a bye to the Divisional weekend.
[/quote]

Can a coach really make such a difference in the NFL MC? If I am not wrong, the team is almost the same from last season?

It's a combination of Singletary's tactical limitations and Harbaugh's coaching. There were signs a couple of years ago that the team had something, but there's only so far Mike psycho stare could take it. Harbaugh has worked decent schemes and given the team an identity. What's especially pleasing is he has been known as a quarterback's coach previously, particularly with Stanford, but he hasn't tried to force that in San Fran. He has steered Smith into an effective manager and built the team on Gore and the defence.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1425603#msg1425603 date=1321227849]
I don't know what Baltimore are up to in Seattle, and the Giants have run into a 49ers team playing real football.
[/quote]

Man oh man, Baltimore were hammered. This Seattle team is jeckll and hyde ...

Michael Vick and the Eagles lose again ... 3-6.

Andy Reid must be close to being fired ... and that 100 million contract looks like a bad move now on Vick eh? He's looking more and more like the Atlanta QB, not that all-pro guy last year.

Sacking Reid for one bad season would be harsh, even with their substantial off-season moves. He's only had one losing season since the turn of the century, and has gone to the playoffs nine times in the last eleven seasons, with a better than .500 record in post-season games. He has earned another year with this team.

The hype around Vick has been immense, and I agree it often clouds potential criticism of him. I think they need to sort their line out of they want him to play the way he has been playing. I did read an interesting stat on him though - he only has one TD pass longer than eleven yards this season. That's crazy.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=46797.msg1425636#msg1425636 date=1321250039]
[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1425603#msg1425603 date=1321227849]
I don't know what Baltimore are up to in Seattle, and the Giants have run into a 49ers team playing real football.
[/quote]

Man oh man, Baltimore were hammered. This Seattle team is jeckll and hyde ...
[/quote]

Same could be said about Baltimore. How do you beat the Steelers and then go to Seattle and play like that? They have one of the best squads in the league, yet they've lost to nonsense teams - Tennessee, Jacksonville, and now Seattle. Yet they've beaten the Steelers twice, beaten the Jets and the Texans. Their schedule looks pretty nice down the stretch, Niners aside, but now you just don't know. They could fuck themselves playing the Browns and they have to go back out west to play the Bolts (who might have come out of hibernation by then).

Calvin's worst game I can remember. That, coupled with Stafford's worst game, was not a good combination.

Fairley looked REALLY good though, despite the silly pop on Cutler.

We will beat Green Bay on thanksgiving. I am certain.

Fairley is filth, but if he was a Bear I'd love him. Because of the filth.

Why was a flag thrown when Lance Briggs totally cleared out Megatron? That was an awesome hit. Unnecessary roughness, my arse. Just the required amount of roughness.

Don't hear too much from the Jets this morning, do we boys and girls..?

Twats.

Marc Snachez showed us who he really is last night, against the WORST PASS DEFENCE IN THE NFL.

Yeah nothing wrong with the hit on CJ. how was it on his head? He couldn't reach his head!

Likewise there was one on cutler earlier which was a joke. Cutler happened to turn as he got hit, therefore it looked like it was on the back. Bullshit.

Man, the Jets were incredibly desperate in that draft. Utter paucity of quarterbacks after Stafford. I think Pat White and Stephen McGee were the next taken after Sanchez. Then again, the next year wasn't much better, unless they'd felt a pressing need for Tim Tebow. Although, I always felt Jimmy Clausen had the physical tools to run a pro offense, just seems to have mental problems. Like he doesn't know what winning feels like so doesn't really miss it when he loses.

Their mistake was taking Favre for the season. If they'd forgone that and tried a trade with St Louis in the 2008 draft (which St Louis probably would have gone for - they drafted Chris Long and he probably still would have been on the board) they could have secured Matty Ryan. Even if they didn't trade, Joe Flacco was available.

There could be a LOAD of quarterback prospects in next year's draft - Luck, Jones, Tannehill, Wheeden, RGIII, Barkley (if he comes out), hell, even Kellen Moore. Interesting to see where Ryan will land with Sanchez at the end of the season.

I think Cousins will represent good value for someone. Like I said, the quarterback class looks pretty deep, so where he might have expected to go in the second round, he might slip to three or four. MSU are having a good year though, and a Big Ten title game would be a nice window to advertise himself in. He has a bigger arm than people think, and is an exceptional game manager. I also think he is a better passer than he is given credit for, but the MSU offence isn't really suited to showing that (or, at least it WASN'T - they've passed more than rushed this year, which is a bit of a surprise). If they get the Wisconsin rematch in the conference game it'll be interesting - Wilson will want some of that after the Hail Mary defeat. Cousins handily outplayed Wilson in that game. I really like him. He does flourish against college defenses that don't pressure him, and that won't happen in the pros, but I think he has a very promising upside.

Nutshell - intelligent, good arm, nice value in the mid-rounds. Doubtful he'll get a starting job anywhere immediately though.

ESPN are reporting that Matt Schaub is out for the season, bug blow for Houston who are quietly 7 and 3.

Who is their back up? It's not still Orlovsky* is it?

*Record holder for longest pass in Lions history

*Also the man who's safety summed up the 0-16 season in 1 play. Cunt.

Part of me wants to witness some miracle fulfillment of potential by Leinart. He was fun to watch at SC.

The rest of me is spilling beer on the floor for my dead homie that is the Texans' season.

Hey MC.
You know your shit. What do you think of our young reciever core? Wallace, Cotchery and Brown.
Im really starting to warm to them. I think everyone knows (or at least ive made it plain) how much I love Hines Ward, but im not seeing him feature as much this year and im not really missing him. This kid brown looks happy to run those hard routes where you HAVE TO hold on and know youll get planted, and Cotchery looks safe as anything. Wallace is Wallace and looks like he could be devastating for us as a deep option for years. I think its a good blend. What do you think?
We need to re-vamp our D soon as they are getting old together.

Yeah, I posted about Antonio Brown the other day. I REALLY like him. Wallace has been terrific since he was drafted. He was pretty great at Ole Miss, but has become one of the elite deep threats in the pros. He runs like the dogs are on him and can separate himself in behind anyone. I think, given the traditional identity of the Steelers, that this band of receivers is a genuinely exciting proposition, particularly as you haven't sacrificed the hard-edged Steeler spirit to get it. No doubt Ben is enjoying his work again.

Still nice to have Ward around with these kids, although you wonder how excited he'll be about it if he doesn't get much field time.

Unrelated, but it was good to see Roethlisberger speak so highly of Andy Dalton after the match at the weekend. Dalton is having a lights out season. Crazy to think the Bengals offense has been so invigorated by two rookies - Dalton and AJ Green.

Ok another one for you.
Ben Roethlisberger.
How good is he?
Statistically he is one of the elite but doesnt get talked about like Manning, Brady etc. Then you get players like Rodgers, Brees, Rivers who are talked about in elite terms for a season or two and then notsomuch.
Where does Ben stand in relation to his peers? Im to biased to say of course I think he's elite, of course i think hes one of the best of all time. And for me no other QB in this team would have the yardage he has.
I read somewhere that he is one of only two QB ever to have two perfect passing games in a year!
He has the longest ever rookie win streak (15) he is the youngest superbowl winning QB ever and the positive stats just stack up and stack up and stack up. Not just as a great QB but a massively underrated passer?
Roethlisberger has been one of the most efficient passers in NFL history. He currently ranks 8th all-time in NFL passer rating (92.8), 5th in yards per attempt (8.04), and 11th in completion percentage (63.2%) among quarterbacks with a minimum of 1,500 career attempts. He has the fourth highest career winning percentage (.710) as a starter in the regular season among quarterbacks with a minimum of 100 starts.

So where does he stand do you think in the game?
Two superbowls, 3 divisional titles, superbowl mvp, rookie of the year etc etc
And hes only 28.

Back
Top Bottom