• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hey Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger. Beardsley. Clem. Ray Kennedy. Crazy Horse. Kevin Keegan. Etc... Come on, mate.
Yeah honestly he's more talented than any of those were at his age, in a year he's already skyrocketed from a prospect not many outside England have heard of (or even in) to being 1 of the most spoke about midfielders in the world.

I was around for all those guys' careers and I have no idea what any of them were like at Bellingham's age, so how can you know? Besides, however talented Bellingham clearly is, the time to make such comparisons will be when - and if - he's had the kind of career they had. He'd be far from the first promising young footballer to fade away after a good start.

Yeah honestly he's more talented than any of those were at his age, in a year he's already skyrocketed from a prospect not many outside England have heard of (or even in) to being 1 of the most spoke about midfielders in the world.

1. You have no idea if that's true or not... You're just making stuff up now.
2. Your initial post didn't say '... at his age". It just said "ever". Which is nonsense.

I was around for all those guys' careers and I have no idea what any of them were like at Bellingham's age, so how can you know? Besides, however talented Bellingham clearly is, the time to make such comparisons will be when - and if - he's had the kind of career they had. He'd be far from the first promising young footballer to fade away after a good start.

Exactly. Paul Walsh and Lee Jones were going to rule the world, remember..?

Look at the level he's already playing at, it's a huge step he's made....made the transition look seamless.

The fact you don't know should tell you what you need to know, if they were highly regarded you wouldv'e known about it but it wasn't until later in their careers that they shone through.

Look at the level he's already playing at, it's a huge step he's made....made the transition look seamless.

The fact you don't know should tell you what you need to know, if they were highly regarded you would've known about it but it wasn't until later in their careers that they shone through.

Or, maybe, the fucking internet wasn't even thought of back then, and we didn't yet have you tube warriors pretending to know all about kids from every corner of the planet, based on a 45 second compilation clip?

Or - and this is far more likely - maybe you're just wrong? You don't know how good they were at this age, so pretending that you do is just plain silly. I'll wager that all of them were pretty good at 17 too, mate.

Or, maybe, the fucking internet wasn't even thought of back then, and we didn't yet have you tube warriors pretending to know all about kids from every corner of the planet, based on a 45 second compilation clip?

Or - and this is far more likely - maybe you're just wrong? You don't know how good they were at this age, so pretending that you do is just plain silly. I'll wager that all of them were pretty good at 17 too, mate.

Maybe it wasn't but there was still something called media, do you think people wouldv'e needed the internet the know of the immense talent the likes of Gerrard Messi Ronaldinho Zlatan Henry Pirlo Zidane etc had? Course not because we witnessed it time and time again...they were already at the highest level at the ages for 19/20/21.

Maybe it wasn't but there was still something called media, do you think people wouldv'e needed the internet the know of the immense talent the likes of Gerrard Messi Ronaldinho Zlatan Henry Pirlo Zidane etc had? Course not because we witnessed it time and time again...they were already at the highest level at the ages for 19/20/21.

Jesus Christ almighty... Y'know what? I give up. You're right. I'm wrong. And so is everybody else on the site, except you.

Jude Bellingham is clearly the greatest English player ever, whether we sign him or not. And I'll not mention the fact that every single player you've brought up there has played in the internet era, and that's why they're who you reference, rather than similarly talented players from the pre-internet era.

How old are you? Genuine question.

You only have to look at Binomial’s film reviews in the film thread to get an idea of why he’d rate Bellingham so highly.

Jude will definitely be in his list of top 500,000 players ever.

Watched Dortmund tonight and he was sensational. He’s got everything to his game, 18 years old fuck my life we need to get him in now before we get fucked over.

Ah I see, well hopefully not a mistake Klopp will be making again since topping the group doesn't really guarentee you an easier fixture over finishing runners up

You get €900k in media money from UEFA per point in the group stage - so a draw is worth €900k and a win €2,700k.
I actually think Klopp would have been more motivated by winning than the cash, but the point still stands. We lost a key player in a game we didn’t need to win (and which we drew anyway).

You get €900k in media money from UEFA per point in the group stage - so a draw is worth €900k and a win €2,700k.
I actually think Klopp would have been more motivated by winning than the cash, but the point still stands. We lost a key player in a game we didn’t need to win (and which we drew anyway).
I wouldn't be surprised if the orders came from top. We had already topped that group, Jota could have done with a rest.

It becomes a bit circular though.

CL win bonuses kick in so a lot of that extra revenue goes straight into the players pockets.

I am not sure quite how 1,800 euros is relevant to a major investment in Jude Bellingham.

Us spending spending was is needed would not surprise me. It would exactly be the same kind of investment as VVD. A record fee for a generational talent.

As much as I get a little frustrated with FSG on transfers, their record is - go big or go for value. And, when it works (Alison, VVD, Jota, Sane), the value is there too.

I think Bellingham is a much better case than Sancho and many others before him. Although it could be either going big at midfield or forward next summer, as there will be options for both and Harland also looks like great value.

I am not sure quite how 1,800 euros is relevant to a major investment in Jude Bellingham.

Us spending spending was is needed would not surprise me. It would exactly be the same kind of investment as VVD. A record fee for a generational talent.

As much as I get a little frustrated with FSG on transfers, their record is - go big or go for value. And, when it works (Alison, VVD, Jota, Sane), the value is there too.

I think Bellingham is a much better case than Sancho and many others before him. Although it could be either going big at midfield or forward next summer, as there will be options for both and Harland also looks like great value.
Our big transfers were always financed through sales or low volume transfer window.
At a £100m he is out of our league. Are there players who are at the £30-£40m Mark who could be as effective as Jude, that I am sure there are.

Our big transfers were always financed through sales or low volume transfer window.
At a £100m he is out of our league. Are there players who are at the £30-£40m Mark who could be as effective as Jude, that I am sure there are.
You often say this, "there must be others just as effective as Player A or B or Z". However you never come with names. Know why? Because they aren't as effective, otherwise one of the scouts for the top clubs that are scattered around the world would have found this etheresque player and he'd no longer be playing in the shadows.

Of course we could always take a chance on a gazillion possibilities but guess what? Most of them will turn out to be crap anyway, the team would suffer and you'd want to sell them !

We need to find players at the likes of Birmingham etc before there moves abroad, save us £80m+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom