• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Geordie Saud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course players will jump at the chance to join them. Offer anyone £400k a week and it’s deal done. They have a short playing career at the top level so I’m sure many if not most of the top players will want to make as much hay as they can while the sun shines

Of course players will jump at the chance to join them. Offer anyone £400k a week and it’s deal done. They have a short playing career at the top level so I’m sure many if not most of the top players will want to make as much hay as they can while the sun shines
It rarely shines up there.

Better get that Salah contract extension sorted ASAP.

Yup, with all that extra liquidity sloshing around, the salaries for top players are likely to jump even more. That 300k per week Salah is asking for will probably look rather unimpressive a year from now, compared to what Haaland and Mbappe will be making. Also, Salah is now the highest-profile Arab player in history of football; imagine what kind of money he would make if there ever was a bidding war for him between 2-3 Gulf states and their respective clubs.

@Beamrider can the Sauds spend £200m in the Jan transfer window?
If they get Conti and back him, they'll challenge for top 4 next season.

They'll have to boost their revenues through through dodgy sponsorships to sustain high level of funding. I believe FFP is judged over a number of years, so there would be nothing stopping Newcastle going on an initial splurge. It's how PSG have justified having Messi, Mbappe and Neymar, and all the rest, on the payroll, by banking on winning the CL in the next few years.

I always wondered how Mecca Bingo got away with that. I'd have expected some of our own BAE systems gear sent right back at us to flatten those places. Must be in the small print that they can't.

@Beamrider can the Sauds spend £200m in the Jan transfer window?
If they get Conti and back him, they'll challenge for top 4 next season.
Kieran Maguire at Price of Football (one of my old tutors!) tweeted about this earlier and he reckons they've got a good profit record over the last few years, so they have capacity to spend.
As the Premier League FFP limit is losses of £105m over 3 years then they can pretty much go mad if they want to. Only the wages and 1/4 - 1/5 of the cost of the new signings is going to hit the profit and loss account each year. The £105m is after adding back costs of the academy and any stadium spending too, plus their current business is making a profit on top of that. They can easily add £50m+ in expenses every year without having to give it a minute's thought. I would not be surprised to see them spend £200m in January, and they'll have to pay big wages to get players in as, let's be honest, how many top stars want to play for Newcastle?
They would run into trouble if they qualified for Europe as the limit is (normally) €5m over 3 years (which is obviously what the top clubs have to work to), although there's currently more flexibility if you can attribute losses to covid or if the owners put capital in to cover the losses.
And of course it they do run into problems on either measure you can imagine some City / PSG style lucrative commercial deals with Saudi companies that have no need to raise their global profile. UEFA and the Premier League will obviously conclude that it is perfectly normal for them to increase their commercial revenue from around £30m to £300m overnight. Nothing to see here, move along.
If they want to go mad, they will. And if they do it will prove that any suggestion that the PIF is separate from the state is a load of old bollocks - MBS is in charge of both. The PIF, in isolation, would invest responsibly. I've dealt with sovereign wealth funds in my M&A days and they run themselves like any commercial investor, but have the scope to do huge deals if they find the value. Under the direction / influence of MBS, the PIF would do whatever he says. So the transfer window will be the real proof of the fit and proper persons sign off (not that we really need that proof).
Justice for Jamal Khashoggi!

Last edited:
Amanda Staveley has nothing on Linda Pizzutti, fuck you Amanda you ugly bitch Katie Hopkins mk2.

Glad to see you are not one of these who thinks football didn't exist before the premier league, but why the arbitrary cut off of 1970?
Oh shit when did the premier league start?
My bad RIP 1990-2021

RRRRIPPPPPPPPP

Laugh my head off if Rafa went back there.

No chance Jose leaves Roma, they’re doing extremely well so far.

Conte could easily end up there, he’s all about the owners having money…would be annoying.

I would. Birds are dirty
article-1334827-0C4F4353000005DC-625_634x419.jpg

Typical Geordie lasses, which 1 you having Tomas?

1 of the far right looks like she gives a mean BJ.

article-1242198-07D0E898000005DC-812_306x569.jpg

Fat overweight covered to the brim in tattoos, want nothing other than drink and drugs & will foul mouth you until you're blue in the face until they get it.

What about this 1 Tomas?

Decent motorboat action but would struggle to get in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom