• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Henderson Leaves Al Ettifaq by mutual consent

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
"Our legendary Captain" has left Saudi for pastures new..
It's mooted he is looking to join Ajax, with allegedly personal terms agreed.. However there are a few Twitter rumours in the mix that Chelsea are looking to hijack the deal..

I bet he took a big hit wage-wise. Should be even lower than what he got at LFC.

I suspect the Saudi club knew that whatever the issue was it was irreparable and they wanted to (@j cut their losses and (b) sign a replacement quick. Ajax will be paying him top whack due to no transfer fee, he’s worth about £10m so £5m a season in wages is acceptable I imagine given they are desperate

Winning answer for all parties

I’m sure the LGBTQ+ community in Amsterdam can’t wait to have Hendo back in the fold.

I wonder if he’ll start speaking in a NE England / Dutch accent like Shhsteeeve McClaren?

PR nightmare for him, at least he’s got some experience gangling it.
I suppose the silver lining from this is seeing as he's fondly looked up to (by many English players at least) as this cult leader figure, they'll understand a potential Saudi move down the line isn't quite what they portray it to be, it isn't the light at the end of the tunnel these washed up players are in desperate search of for a retirement home. Him turning his back on them so soon may well see him being the first......and last English player to have played there.

Decades from now, elderly Saudi football fans will be telling their grand-children about the long-defunct Saudi pro-League. It will seem as alien to them as tales of the Second World War did to my generation. And then grandad will tell the kid about the time he saw Jordan Henderson play for Al-Ettifaq. The kid will laugh, look his grandad in the eye and say “`No way. There’s no way you were one of the 700 odd who saw that cunt play live”.

Whatever. He'll do well in the Eredivise I'm sure. I hope he at least does some tappinh up for us while he's there!

Decades from now, elderly Saudi football fans will be telling their grand-children about the long-defunct Saudi pro-League. It will seem as alien to them as tales of the Second World War did to my generation. And then grandad will tell the kid about the time he saw Jordan Henderson play for Al-Ettifaq. The kid will laugh, look his grandad in the eye and say “`No way. There’s no way you were one of the 700 odd who saw that cunt play live”.
A bit like the first attempt at football in the States, the NASL. It died after it failed to gain the World Cup but out of it ashes the MLS was formed .... on the back of a successful World up hosting bid

I wonder ....

Apparently he's given up £4m of his own money to force the termination.

I'm thinking he just wants people to suddenly turn from "you traitor! you liar! you hypocrite! How could you! Where are ya morals ya filthy mackem bastard" to "fair play Hendo, welcome back to the real world"

Weird Hendo leaves while Gerrard extends. Surely Gerrard is getting paid.
Not really, Gerrard knows a good player from a bad player, look at Aston Villa - they don't have that prick defender captain and they are flying at the top end of the league. He was right about Curtis Jones (along with me and @Woland).

Now that he has seen Henderson for real playing - he realizes what I have known all along, which is the following:

1) Can he not pass forward more than 2 twice in a game ?
2) He actually is fucking shit - and apart from a little running my team is like playing with 10 men
3) Realizes rest of the team have to work extra hard to compensate for his lack of skill - some of them are probably getting injured when they should not be injured.

Not really, Gerrard knows a good player from a bad player, look at Aston Villa - they don't have that prick defender captain and they are flying at the top end of the league. He was right about Curtis Jones (along with me and @Woland).

Now that he has seen Henderson for real playing - he realizes what I have known all along, which is the following:

2) He actually is fucking shit - and apart from a little running my team is like playing with 10 men
3) Realizes rest of the team have to work extra hard to compensate for his lack of skill - some of them are probably getting injured when they should not be injured.
He didn't realise this when they were playing together for like four years?
And that little flaw in you logic cost you an almost guaranteed "like" from Modo the Hendo lover...

Did someone say we're looking for a 6?

GEJoDt0XEAAo845.jpg

Reactions: dee

Excuse me! I’ve been a fan of Curtis since he was 15! Blasphemy :)

He didn't settle into that expat lifestyle. If only he had, then he wouldn't have noticed that 800 people who don't give a fuck were watching him play on a miniscule shit team in hellish temperatures.

Back
Top Bottom