• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Gakpoll

Prefix for Poll Threads

Based on what you’ve seen (at LFC and before), will he be a success here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still playing out of position. Much rather see him on the left. Looks good when he turns with the ball and has the pitch infront of him.
He’s not in rythm with the rest of the team at all, understandbly so.

He better give us something and soon because when Jota, Diaz and Bobby are fit he'll be playing for the reserves.

Some scum supporters I work with were delighted when they didn't sign him and that's when they were screaming out for a 'new decent player'.

I'm finding it difficult to spot what he's actually good at. I mean, Nunez is a flop but you can kind of see what his strengths are. But Gakpo, I don't know. He's doesn't do enough or even look interested enough.

play him in his proper position
he is no link up player, but a wide forward, with a good shot and great crosses

Gakpo did pretty well today.

He was essentially the sole presser in the attacking trio, which is tiring. He had some decent link up play, using the ball well at times and generally making the right decisions. He managed to turn nicely and drive the ball up the park.There was little goal-threat, but Firmino was churning in those sorts of performances for 12 months before he fell under half the scrutiny.

Last edited:
I think he’s better suited on the left cutting inside, playing one two’s with Nunez/Robbo and linking up that way. Seems to isolate himself centrally and quite immobile with his back to play. Dont know why Klopp decided to stick Nunez on the left, disrupted the balance of our front line.

Again he did ok but for a player brought in for 40-45m you’d hope for a bit more.

We need a way to link the attack and have an outball, and I think he has been thrown in at the deep end and asked to take up firminos role, which is the hardest to play in the whole side, and accomplishes those things. I think he's improving, even while our team is in a fucking state, and that is encouraging.

I cant fathom how anyone watches him play and thinks he somehow establish himself on the left. Maybe occasionally we would tactically use him there, but I don't see it, even if he has played there in the past and prefers it.

I thought as the link-up player he did pretty well today (that was my impression during the match and watching those highlights above emphasises that), good control and nice passing to release Mo and Elliott. Could and should have had an assist with that pass to Elliott who lost control in the box. Yes early days but it's possible he could play that Firmino role, could work really well with Nunez or Diaz on the left ... or both and Gakpo playing the advanced midfielder.

He seems like a decent lad but I will be very surprised if he becomes as effective as Minamino, let alone Mane.

I thit he looks super tidy , no doubts if you slot him into any other team in the league he'd be looking better and be scoring.

He's a victim

I didn't vote until today. How many games is it? Seven? And he hasn't even shown the slightest glimmer of what he's about. Crap.

I thit he looks super tidy , no doubts if you slot him into any other team in the league he'd be looking better and be scoring.

He's a victim

That is the problem. He looks super tidy, that's it. He has no threatening attributes - skill, pace, dribbling ability. Yeah, his crossing is great but that doesn't help when the other two is Nunez and Salah. When the only thing people praise an attacker is for being tidy and the link up play, that is kinda indicates that the rest of the game is not upto the mark.

Before anyone says Firmino had similar periods of non scoring. Firmino at his worst was still a technically excellent footballer. He could dance when he wanted to, take the ball into tight spaces, press like anything, make space for others through intelligent runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom