• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Gakpoll

Prefix for Poll Threads

Based on what you’ve seen (at LFC and before), will he be a success here?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shite. He won’t get a look in ahead of Jota, Diaz or Donkey. Shitty transfer strategy strikes again.
I think buying himwas the wrong move, and done just to try and appease the fans. Should have kept the money and use it toward a real target and not one which which was cheap....
He has shown little to nothing thus far and I would rather see Carvalho out there than Gakpo

Above all, I wanna know who are the 3 musketeers who voted "he'll be fine" and why
Who was our last signing that went on to make it didn’t come on like they owned their place the pitch. Robbo and possibly Firm?

Who was our last signing that went on to make it didn’t come on like they owned their place the pitch. Robbo and possibly Firm?

Wasn't Robertson just benched for a couple of months until he was deemed ready? When he started playing, he owned the place instantly too
(To be fair to the AI Guy, he'd probably get similar treatment if Diaz, Jota and Firmino weren't all out injured)

Obviously I'm a bit of a wind up on here and dramatise my actual views for a laugh. So if I'm being honest about Gakpo, I'd have to say he'll never make it here and needs to be castrated with a rusty fishing hook.
Obviously Hal.

This is why we hold you so dearly, with open affection and admiration, with profound love and tenderness.

Or at least I do anyway.

Not going to lie, he's been utter shit.

But we used to do this thing where new signings were kept protected for weeks or months and only made their debut after they had gotten used to the intensity of Klopps training. Its not really fair to judge him when he's been thrown into the deep end

Above all, I wanna know who are the 3 musketeers who voted "he'll be fine" and why
You do realise you can just click on "3 votes" to see who voted that are....don't you Jan, please tell me you knew that even if you didn't.

Wasn't Robertson just benched for a couple of months until he was deemed ready? When he started playing, he owned the place instantly too
(To be fair to the AI Guy, he'd probably get similar treatment if Diaz, Jota and Firmino weren't all out injured)

Thats my point. You think of any players we’ve bought over the last 20 years which could be deemed a success and they made immediate impact. You could tell they had it.

Thats my point. You think of any players we’ve bought over the last 20 years which could be deemed a success and they made immediate impact. You could tell they had it.
I think Fabinho was poor on his first few outings for us and looked below standard.
It took until about November of that first season with us until he started to show his true ability

I knew there would be a few but the recent ones (Salah, Mane, Diaz, Jota, van Dijk, Ali) just hit the ground running. Even with Fabs and Robbo you could see the upgrades from their predecessor whilst bedding in. I’m struggling to see anything with Gakpo.

I just don't get the idea of a slow 6ft4 winger. It seems so obviously wrong, like playing Peter Crouch out wide against Reading, that I'm actually a bit curious about what I could be missing.

But based on the compilations I saw when we were in for him I thought he looked shit and ungainly, and that's exactly how he looks playing for us too.

My honest opinion is that he's just a weird player and an even weirder signing. I obviously hope I'm wrong.

I just don't get the idea of a slow 6ft4 winger. It seems so obviously wrong, like playing Peter Crouch out wide against Reading, that I'm actually a bit curious about what I could be missing.

But based on the compilations I saw when we were in for him I thought he looked shit and ungainly, and that's exactly how he looks playing for us too.

My honest opinion is that he's just a weird player and an even weirder signing. I obviously hope I'm wrong.

Yeah, everyone is talking about his stats and look at his highlight reel. I watched his goals and assists from this season and it was all very meh.

How can you guys write-offf a guy 3 games in when everyone else is equally dysfunctional.
WTF has Fabs and Hendon done?You then have Thiago who is trying to be captain marvel and failing. Naby is so fucking weak and slow. Konate in the absence of VVD looks like half the defender. Gomez, seems clueless most of the time
Trent, I have said so much about this whole season very few positives

That's all true.

But Gakpo reminds me of Origi when he first came. More potential than ability. Right now, he'll be an impact sub when everyone is fit.

I have no idea why we bought him when Diaz was the prototype, an unanimous success with us. He is fast, direct and explosive.

Everything that Gakpo is NOT.

I agree it might be too early to tell but why try to reinvent the wheel? Early signs are he is not even better than Bobby, the current Bobby.

Did pretty much nothing impressive. I was mostly unaware of his presence. Actually not sure if he was subbed off or played the whole 90.

Feels like we’ve bought another player for the team we were rather than the team we are.

Gakpo may be very good, no idea, but right now we are not going to find out because the team is an absolute mess.

Signing an awkward slow player that has no defined role seems like a really odd move for a team that can only really shine through individual quality.

Did pretty much nothing impressive. I was mostly unaware of his presence. Actually not sure if he was subbed off or played the whole 90.

His first time touch and pass in that 2-1 with Millie was quality but he was playing as a midfielder for most of today.

I thought he was okay ish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom