• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Fulham (a) - EFL Semi Second Leg - Weds 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to see him back. 2 games to get some match sharpness then hopefully he lets out his pent up 'shithousery' to wind up Saka & co in 2 weesk time

Ya throw Robbo in. Protect Ibou and Gomez.
Losing either to a bad injury would be terrible and neither have shown long term durability.

So how are we lining up for this with the FA cup tie in mind, sth like this?
Jones/Gravenberch and frontline rotations can go whichever way I guess

Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Virgil Robbo
Elliot Macca Jones
Jota Gakpo Nunez

FA cup

Ali
Trent Konate Quansah Gomez
Szobo Macca Gravenberch
Diaz Jota Nunez

Ta for the summary.

Great to have the FA Cup game to get Trent, Robbo & Dom some minutes ahead of the Chelsea game. I am excited for Robbo to be back, although I kinda hope we ease him back in and start Gomez who is in flying form for Chelsea & Arsenal. Gomez as a right footed LB against Saka who loves to cut inside could be really useful.
Oh go on with you ... you watched the FAC match didn't you !

Nah. Shift him over to RB then maybe sub Bradley on at 60 min mark. The guys have just had a wee break, plus he'll likely get another one this weekend. Then with Trent and Robbo fully back, he'll probably have the rest of the season off.
Not when he's been playing better than Robbo has at any time this season ! He's our #1 LB in my book for now.

Not when he's been playing better than Robbo has at any time this season ! He's our #1 LB in my book for now.
He's done very well but gave us nothing in attack against Luton or Bournemouth (until he was moved over).

Robbo has needed a rest for a while which Klopp wasn't going to give him unless something like this happened, he'll be refreshed. No issue with Gomez being #1 at RB though. The inverted stuff isn't quite for me, especially where Joe is concerned.

So how are we lining up for this with the FA cup tie in mind, sth like this?
Jones/Gravenberch and frontline rotations can go whichever way I guess

Kelleher
Bradley Gomez Virgil Robbo
Elliot Macca Jones
Jota Gakpo Nunez

FA cup

Ali
Trent Konate Quansah Gomez
Szobo Macca Gravenberch
Diaz Jota Nunez

I'm in the "play the best available team" camp for tomorrow's game, meaning play our best players if they're fit.
Rotate on Saturday.
However, we get a few more players back from injury then (Trent, Szobo) according to Pep, so we can use that game to get them in shape for the Chelsea game.

Then go play a less demanding sport like badminton or something.

What are we doing, waiting for him to turn 24 before we decide...."oh hey, btw guys Baj's back everyone.....yeah remember this guy"

You'd have shifted Gerrard on too then.. let them develop. He may come back and be 6'2, 6'3 and be the perfect 6 physique.

Genuinely don't care if it's not the thread. Chelsea 1 up in the other game 15 min gone

I saw a stat that they have created the most chances in the league this season but have unsurprisingly considering their league position, have missed the most too. If their forwards click it can be a banana skin for us.

I'd probably rotate a bit more. There's some good players in need of minutes and Jota and Jones could with protecting. I wouldn't pick Quansah next to Bradley, so Konate to start instead of VVD. Kelleher will sadly start ahead of Allison, too.

-----Nunez -------Gakpo--------Diaz
----------------Grav - - - - - - Elliot
--------------------------Mac
Gomez---Quansah - - - Konate - - - Bradley
------------------------Allison---
Is it just me..? Or we lacking when we play both Graven@ and Gakpo at the same time..?
Play Jota instead of Gakpo and use Graven' rest Jones

Chelsea again..

If we make the final..

Urgh..

Confident we will beat them... But flippin Eck, it's getting boring now, playing them in Finals.

Chelsea will be well up for it, as realistically, it's probably there best chance in getting into Europe next season.

On flip side they have not done so well in Domestic Cup finals in recent seasons .

Last edited:
Chelsea hitting just in time for us. Woo hoo.
Bastards.
It's a mid-table Championship team missing their best players. 6-1 is a good result, but it doesn't worry me one bit.
Actually Chelsea saved them from being battered in final instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom