• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Friday Night Lights - Arsenal (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a feeling that Ox will be fired up for this... Might come in on the 2nd half and get sent off 15 min later

I'd be tempted to start both Milner and Ox at the base of the midfield. Ox against his old team, he'll be fired up.

----------------Ming-----------
Gomez-Lovren-Klavan-Robbo
----------Milner---Ox-----
--------------Coutinho---
Salah-------Frim------Mane---

I'd be tempted to start both Milner and Ox at the base of the midfield. Ox against his old team, he'll be fired up.

Why so defensive minded?

Can't see that. At all. If Ox plays, Coutinho goes wide left and Mane drops out. Could see this against a parking the bus team, but Arsenal are not that team.

Wenger's Gallic pride would never allow him to "park the bus."

So I rather fancy our chances in this one.

I'd never be tempted to play Milner in central midfield.

I would start with lallana in midfield, if one of the fab 4 is not playing. he looked sharp on the weekend.

Klopp has a habit of playing players against their old teams, see Moreno (unsuccessfully). I'd personally drop him out for Mane, that's our stronger lineup with the Fab Four.

I'd go Mane too. I think he'll be supercharged for this game. I'm expecting a big game from him.

I'd rather we face Lacazette than Giroud. Strong in the air doesn't suit us. *watch this come back and bite me now*

Whether it bites you or not, it is fair call. Giroud always seems to play well against us, and he is exactly the kind of player we struggle with. Even if he wasn't likely to start, if it was a tight game and he came off the bench with twenty to go I'd feel more than a knot of concern in my stomach.

I seriously doubt Klopp is going to go all out attack in this one so don't expect to see the Fab 4 (going to use this term from now on purely to stir the ire in Raz).

I do think he'll go for a stronger midfield to nullify theirs and then trust in the front three to do the business (as they have been doing), no matter which three he chooses.

However I do expect to see Lallana start and therein lies the conundrum. Who misses out ? I think it will be Salah who has had far less rest than any of the other forwards over the past 7-8 games.

---------------------------------- Ming

Gomez ---------- Lovren -------------- Klavan -------------- Robertson

------------------------ Can -------------- Hendo

--------------------------------- Lallana

Mane ------------------------- Firmino ------------------ Coutinho

Strong pressing and defensively stronger than Coutinho as AM. Coutinho's best performances for us this season have all come from the left. Expect to see Ox and Salah come on with 30 mins to go.

Whether it bites you or not, it is fair call. Giroud always seems to play well against us, and he is exactly the kind of player we struggle with. Even if he wasn't likely to start, if it was a tight game and he came off the bench with twenty to go I'd feel more than a knot of concern in my stomach.
Exactly

I seriously doubt Klopp is going to go all out attack in this one so don't expect to see the Fab 4 (going to use this term from now on purely to stir the ire in Raz).

I do think he'll go for a stronger midfield to nullify theirs and then trust in the front three to do the business (as they have been doing), no matter which three he chooses.

However I do expect to see Lallana start and therein lies the conundrum. Who misses out ? I think it will be Salah who has had far less rest than any of the other forwards over the past 7-8 games.

---------------------------------- Ming

Gomez ---------- Lovren -------------- Klavan -------------- Robertson

------------------------ Can -------------- Hendo

--------------------------------- Lallana

Mane ------------------------- Firmino ------------------ Coutinho

Strong pressing and defensively stronger than Coutinho as AM. Coutinho's best performances for us this season have all come from the left. Expect to see Ox and Salah come on with 30 mins to go.
I can't see Lallana starting. He hasn't played enough minutes to start a game of this magnitude.

I hope they absolutely batter Wilshere. And if he actually plays, then I really hope they flatten the twat.

It is never good when our players give interviews like this

Mignolet told Liverpoolfc.com: "It’s been a long time since we conceded a goal from open play - against Chelsea at the very end of the game"

"We’re defending really well at the moment, we’ve been solid.
Ever since the Tottenham game we had to change something because we were not happy with how we performed at Wembley," he added.

"We make sure that we don’t give any counter-attacks away and don’t give the opponent a chance to score any goals. So far that has been working very well and we have to keep doing that."

Oh FFS.

Why do we do it? Fucking why?!

It's the same when we go on a good run of good results, some player decides to do an interview saying how the team feel unbeatable at the moment before we slump to two nil defeat to one of the worst sides in the league.

Oh FFS.

It's the same when we go on a good run of good results, some player decides to do an interview saying how the team feel unbeatable at the moment before we slump to two nil defeat to one of the worst sides in the league.

I'm sure we said similar stuff before either the Spurs or Sevilla games.

I think Lovren did before the Spurs game. That went well...

Just dont talk about stuff like this, fucking idjits!

Oh FFS.

Because the players are high in confidence and don't give a fuck about our superstitions ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom