• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Friday Night Lights - Arsenal (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ox rested for Mane, and thats probably the team in my opinion. Coutinho moved back into midfield.
Maybe we'll see the 4-2-2-2

Ming
Gomez Lovren Klavan Robbo
Gini Hendo
Coutinho Mane
Salah Firmino

Oxlade doesnt deserve to be rested but I think its the right call away to Arsenal.

That would be my team too. Definitely need to keep 2 players "sitting" in midfield and Gini is a bit more disciplined and less likely to do something stupid than Can. Hendo starts for sure.

Arsenal have a lot to prove after the mauling we gave them last time.

Draw would be a good result, a win of any sort would be great,

I'd play Can, Gini, Coutinho, Mane, Salah and Bobby and some defenders (Gomez a definite starter for me) and a keeper.

We have 5 days before this game. They even found time for an X'mas party so I don't see the need for a rest.

Fab 4 + Can/Hendo and the same back 4 should do them.

We must be in Arsenal's heads now after their recent bad results against us – so I hope Klopp doesn't overthink this and goes right for the jugular with his strongest team and leaves it to Wenger to try to "surprise" the opposition coach by a genius tactical move of starting Welbeck in place of Lacazette.

Last edited:
It will be really interesting to see what sort of team plays tonight for them. There will be uproar if they rotate too much and lose - which would be great to see.

If we run riot then I will struggle to sit on my hands and avoid outing myself to the gooners around me.

I hate being too confident, but I see us mullering them. Wenger isn't going to sit back and pack the defence, so it will be down to who has the attack that is capable of absolutely ripping the other team into a ragged mess. I believe that is us. Kinda tempted by the idea of playing O-C, and the front 3 who started against Bournemouth, but hard not to be wooed by the thought of Mane, Coutinho, Firmino and Salah.

In my mind I keep seeing a scene where Salah sets up Mane for a tap in in the first 10 minutes and Mane turns back into a scoring demon. All it needs is someone to set him up selflessly for a goal and he'll be back to normal.

It would be pretty sexy if O-C scored a couple, and ran all over the top of Wilshere in the process. Just to get a bit of whinging from the Gooners.

I hate being too confident, but I see us mullering them. Wenger isn't going to sit back and pack the defence, so it will be down to who has the attack that is capable of absolutely ripping the other team into a ragged mess. I believe that is us. Kinda tempted by the idea of playing O-C, and the front 3 who started against Bournemouth, but hard not to be wooed by the thought of Mane, Coutinho, Firmino and Salah.
Yeah. Arse&Finger won't park the bus at home, he'll take us on. And we'll pick em off. If we pick the right team, we'll have em.

One thing maybe worth discussing, I know we need a squad but, if Matip was vapourised by aliens, would anyone notice?

Anyway, I don't like this negative stereotyping of aliens. Vaporising and whatnot. Presumably with a 'ray gun'? I think they're generally good spuds and don't deserve the negative and mocking, derisory press.

Anyway, I don't like this negative stereotyping of aliens. Vaporising and whatnot. Presumably with a 'ray gun'? I think they're generally good spuds and don't deserve the negative and mocking, derisory press.
You clearly need to watch War of the Worlds again. Preferably with Jeff Lyne's awesome soundtrack playing full blast in the background.

Quite agree .. next thing we'll have folks turning up to Christmas parties with "greenface"

Quite agree .. next thing we'll have folks turning up to Christmas parties with "greenface"
You are allowed to dress as a clanger though.

b0d17c6ce27370cc039254ecc1bcbc22.jpg

Supporters who are travelling to Emirates Stadium for Liverpool's game against Arsenal on Friday should be aware that Virgin Trains will be operating a reduced timetable due to strike action.

There are also roadworks nearby the ground, which may affect supporters who are travelling by car. Please see information and links below.

Train
Virgin Trains has issued the following information regarding its services to and from London Euston on December 22: https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/strike

Road
Arsenal Football Club has also issued information regarding road closures around Emirates Stadium. For more information, click here.

We would like to advise supporters to arrive at the stadium early, as delays may occur if they are travelling through the area. For more information please visit the Transport for London website here.

Other important information

For more information on getting to Emirates Stadium, click here.

Turnstiles will open 1.5 hours before kick-off to allow plenty of time for access. There will be full searches and ticket inspections before entry.

Fans should be aware that there are no ‘left luggage’ facilities at Emirates Stadium.

I want us to win this game - but a draw would be enough to maintain our position - to be honest I think they will come at us very strong and will be up for this game - we have given them a good beating in the last three games we have had against them. I fear for us badly but also hope we don't become stiff because of the occasion and really give them a good beating. Realistically this game could go either way.

In my mind I keep seeing a scene where Salah sets up Mane for a tap in in the first 10 minutes and Mane turns back into a scoring demon. All it needs is someone to set him up selflessly for a goal and he'll be back to normal.

Studge did that in Europe didn't fix the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom