• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, defo. But there's been such an outpouring of outrage they could really get some massive credibility and goodwill in the bank if they act the right way.

We tried to kill them, and failed. Ditto Sky. Now they will make us pay.

Yeah but while I agree that UEFA and FIFA are fucking nobs, I still think klopp got it wrong last night. The match going fans have just removed their banners because of this shit and he's ripping into Gary Neville for god knows what reason. Twenty years ago I'd have gladly shoved the rat faced little nobhead into traffic but his point on this is correct. I think klopp read the room badly.

I think Neville's point was sound, but not highlighting it was the owners of Liverpool, and the owners of United was lazy and irresponsible. He knows full well the managers and players have had fuck all to do with it, so he could have made that distinction. Instead, he whipped up everyone into a frenzy that Liverpool is evil, sparking the Leeds fans all abused the bus on our arrival, etc. Klopp was clearly overly sensitive, and pointing out the hypocrisy in working for Sky was a bad move when he's not exactly paid peanuts at LFC, but he's been placed in a shit situation, hung out to dry by the owners, so I can hardly blame him for being prickly at a sister-fingering arsehole like Gary Neville.

BenchWarmers
twit_verified_16.png

@BeWarmers
BREAKING: Arsenal have decided to not participate in the European Super League. They are starting their own breakaway league with just themselves. The bookies currently have them as second favourites to win it.
Surely that should be 4th favourites ?

When they would finish 4th year in year out.. with no other ambition that finding 4th

I think Neville's point was sound, but not highlighting it was the owners of Liverpool, and the owners of United was lazy and irresponsible. He knows full well the managers and players have had fuck all to do with it, so he could have made that distinction. Instead, he whipped up everyone into a frenzy that Liverpool is evil, sparking the Leeds fans all abused the bus on our arrival, etc. Klopp was clearly overly sensitive, and pointing out the hypocrisy in working for Sky was a bad move when he's not exactly paid peanuts at LFC, but he's been placed in a shit situation, hung out to dry by the owners, so I can hardly blame him for being prickly at a sister-fingering arsehole like Gary Neville.

He did highlight exactly that multiple times with increasing pain in his rat expression.

This must be what it's like watching two Christian Brothers fighting over which one of them is going to bugger you senseless.

Imagine the kick offs had then Internet been as accessible in 91 and 96. Huge reforms to the league and champions league. All to put more power with select clubs.

If this doesn’t go through it’s a vote for the status quo which is fucking shit.

Chelsea an City don't want it as it'll bring a level playing field amongst these 12 clubs, wage expenditure and the like. If Bayern and PSG stick to their guns and one or two of the others bottle it that's the end of ESL for now. No matter what the aftermath isn't going to be petty.

Now that Chelsea have bottled it let's hope the whole house of cards falls down. Then we just need to challenge Uefa's champions league proposals as they're a load of shite too.

But let's not plunge into tribalism and blindly lash out at the people talking the most sense in the face of the most avaricious and heinous attack on the game we've ever seen. There are plenty of things wrong with football - the world - but Gary Neville is very low down the list.

Yeah, but a million people are talking sense about it.

Why give any credence to the rat faced cunt doing it who has skin in the game?

Now that Chelsea have bottled it let's hope the whole house of cards falls down. Then we just need to challenge Uefa's champions league proposals as they're a load of shite too.
What a profoundly strong position we've got now too. *rolls eyes*

City now as well. Amateurs

Professionals. They will receive the least vengeance. Us being the delaying cunts we are are going to get utterly bumfucked from this point forth both financially and on the pitch. At least the scum will go down with us.

Nah he was right to bring YNWA into it. The owners are happy to market it and spread this brand image of being a family and a special club etc, but they don't actually believe in the message or the lyrics. That was all Neville was pointing out. Rightfully so.

There's a lot of whataboutery going on here that's diluting what's right. Neville wasn't criticising the club. He was criticising the lizards that happen to own it. He said a lot of respectful positive things about the club and Klopp.

At the end of the day, we're all hypocrites to some extent. I'm sitting here typing this on my Samsung that was probably made by some sweatshop kid, likewise the clothes that I'm wearing.

But let's not plunge into tribalism and blindly lash out at the people talking the most sense in the face of the most avaricious and heinous attack on the game we've ever seen. There are plenty of things wrong with football - the world - but Gary Neville is very low down the list.

I don’t buy that there isn’t
Nah he was right to bring YNWA into it. The owners are happy to market it and spread this brand image of being a family and a special club etc, but they don't actually believe in the message or the lyrics. That was all Neville was pointing out. Rightfully so.

There's a lot of whataboutery going on here that's diluting what's right. Neville wasn't criticising the club. He was criticising the lizards that happen to own it. He said a lot of respectful positive things about the club and Klopp.

At the end of the day, we're all hypocrites to some extent. I'm sitting here typing this on my Samsung that was probably made by some sweatshop kid, likewise the clothes that I'm wearing.

Not disputing Neville being correct in his attack on what’s happened, but he can walk and chew gum.
He publicly declares he hates us, so you don’t think he’ll put the boot in more.
When he went on his rant , it was always Liverpool this, Liverpool that, but when he criticised Man Utd it was , the Glazers or the Owners. It hurts the supporters to hear our teams name disparaged and he knows that. Even Carragher called him out on it.

You don’t think he’s getting a buzz out of calling Liverpool a disgrace and ridiculing our anthem, when he knows its sung by the fans and has special reverence for so many reasons in our history, nothing to do with the American owners, who of course will market it, their business people.
Thats was pissed Klopp off.
He then goes on the attack with Klopp, who he knew was in an impossible position,who he even said was on the same page as him!
Nevertheless, calling him spikey and then
Finally, ending by questioning how Klopp could continue at Liverpool under the circumstances.
No agenda? Sure.

What a profoundly strong position we've got now too. *rolls eyes*
The whole super league idea is falling apart. First they failed to get PSG, Bayern and Dortmund to commit, then every club that wasn't invited called it bullshit and disgraceful meaning that none of them could then change their mind and join without looking like complete hypocrites and now Chelsea have backed out. All they will have achieved is embarrassing themselves and losing any trust they might have had from governing bodies, fans and fellow clubs.
It's just a pity that our club was so involved otherwise I'd be laughing my tits off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom