• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isak looks like an anti-Lukaku. Really nice all-around game, but when it comes to actually hurting the opposition, he looks a bit… vegetarian.
He's only 17 years old right? I'd have him in an instant. He's going to be a wonderful player.

EDIT : Oops corrected. 21. Thanks Rurik.

Last edited:
Not a red for the Swede.
Refs show a complete lack of understanding of the game.

As for England, their boring, defensive approach might carry them a bit further, but they should usually become victims of their own arrogance against a supposedly weaker team.

Not a red for the Swede.

As for England, their boring, defensive approach might carry them a bit further, but they should usually become victims of their own arrogance against a supposedly weaker team.
I'm not sure how being defensive is arrogance (we're talking the team here not fans), that seems totally contrary to Southgate's personality actually. Arrogance is what the French showed and cost them.

The German team yesterday was chock full of talent and although I don't agree with Southgate's team selection or tactics you can't argue against a deserved 2-0 win and now 4 shutouts and 3 wins. I find it difficult to make a case for Ukraine .. but Denmark in the semis could be a completely different kettle of fish and if they get past them then England would be underdogs to Belgium (my new favourites for the tournament) or Italy in the final.

Not a red for the Swede.

Not a red? :dead::dead:

WHat the fuck is it then, it's a leg breaker of a tackle if I ever saw 1.

In fairness, it wasn't a tackle. He cleared the ball and the player ran into his foot after it. I'm not sure where I stand on it. It could have been a horrific injury.

In fairness, it wasn't a tackle. He cleared the ball and the player ran into his foot after it. I'm not sure where I stand on it. It could have been a horrific injury.

Yes, it could have been an injury, but I agree with what you say - player clears the ball, on his blind side an opposing player arrives and runs into his foot.

I'm not sure how being defensive is arrogance (we're talking the team here not fans), that seems totally contrary to Southgate's personality actually. Arrogance is what the French showed and cost them.

The German team yesterday was chock full of talent and although I don't agree with Southgate's team selection or tactics you can't argue against a deserved 2-0 win and now 4 shutouts and 3 wins. I find it difficult to make a case for Ukraine .. but Denmark in the semis could be a completely different kettle of fish and if they get past them then England would be underdogs to Belgium (my new favourites for the tournament) or Italy in the final.

No, being defensive isn't arrogance, but I imagine the arrogance will arrive now, press whipping it up.

The Germany team is full of good players, but without cohesion. It seems Low should have stuck to his plan and left the old dogs out.

I don't need to try again, the evidence is there to see...it's a leg breaker = dangerous play & endangering opposition player = red card.

Keep up with the rules pal.

o5TfaEfr5egsq2qs9

https://images.app.goo.gl/o5TfaEfr5egsq2qs9

Mods, I don't know how to post pictures...

But I assume this is a red too if someone runs into Zidane's foot as he brings it down?

Exactly so if I go head first into a player kicking the ball away and he kicks my head it's a peno?

o5TfaEfr5egsq2qs9

https://images.app.goo.gl/o5TfaEfr5egsq2qs9

Mods, I don't know how to post pictures...

But I assume this is a red too if someone runs into Zidane's foot as he brings it down?

Didn't that happen to Mane v Spurs? He tried to do the same thing, the keeper got kicked in the face, and Mane got sent off. It's the chance you take when you go in studs up.

Can't find a video

EDIT: City not Spurs

sadio-mane.jpg

nintchdbpict000351562984-e1504959941838.jpg

Last edited:
I remember a red card situation in the PL where the ref didn't even consider booking the player until he saw the leg of the player on the receiving end of the tackle.
Don't know who it was, Ramsey? Eduardo?

I remember a red card situation in the PL where the ref didn't even consider booking the player until he saw the leg of the player on the receiving end of the tackle.
Don't know who it was, Ramsey? Eduardo?

Was this before or after VAR?

There's many decisions before VAR refs didn't see which had VAR been around wouldv'e been overturned.

Again, I don't know where I stand. It's extremely dangerous, and the lad is lucky he didn't have his leg broken...

However, it's also not the Swedish fella's fault. He clears the ball, gets there way before his opponent (who he's unaware of), and his opponent runs into his studs. It wasn't a tackle, it was the follow through of his clearance.

I actually think Kalvin Phillips' should have been sent off for his challenge.

At this point it's not yet known how bad Artyom Besedin's injury is, but they say it could well be cruciate ligament. He was flown to Kyiv for evaluation and treatment and for sure won't play any further part in the Euros.

Last edited:
The situation would have to play out, a player might see his high foot and back out.

1 example was Mane on Ederson, Red card for dangerous play.

So should players start throwing their heads into boots to get the players sent off?

As I said, a red is probably right given how dangerous the incident was. But I have some sympathy with the player. It was just an unfortunate collision.

So should players start throwing their heads into boots to get the players sent off?

As I said, a red is probably right given how dangerous the incident was. But I have some sympathy with the player. It was just an unfortunate collision.

Yeah, I don't think it was deliberate. Just bad luck for both the Swede and the Ukrainian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom