• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll EL quarters - Who do you want?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Who do you want?

• West Ham

• Marseille

• Roma

• Benfica

• Atalanta

• Milan

• Bayer Leverkusen

Results are only viewable after voting.
We couldn't ask for a better draw really. (Only if 2nd leg of Atalanta was at home) but the route to final is clear.

What a great draw for us in both competitions!

6th at the minute, conceded on average more than a goal a game. Average just under 2 goals scored a game. Lost 9 and drew 5 in the league.

Currently 6th in the Serie A. Got a few decent players like Ederson and some big talents like Scalvini.
Will be a lot of goals in these games.

Atalanta lost that Zapata Muriel partnership that scored goals for fun for a few years, now it’s Ademola Lookman and Scamacca.

Atalanta lost that Zapata Muriel partnership that scored goals for fun for a few years, now it’s Ademola Lookman and Scamacca.

Yeah, since the last time we met in 2020, they have been lost loads of players incl.:

Gosens
Romero
Freuler
Gomez
Ilicic
Muriel
Zapata

Back then (18/19 - 20/21), they finished 3rd thrice in a row but have not finished higher than 5th since.

It’s pretty interesting that Pool, Milan and Leverkusen - league leaders or thereabouts this season in three of the biggest leagues are in the Europa league. It’s not the mid table competition it usually is.

So that’s the word on Atalanta. Decent?
No idea, but they're 6th in Seria A. They're not one for drawing games (only 5 in 28). Seen some Atlanda fan's reactions suggesting they've got no hope whatsoever. The general reaction seems to be that everyone is resigned to Liverpool Vs Milan/Leverkusen final in Dublin.

It’s pretty interesting that Pool, Milan and Leverkusen - league leaders or thereabouts this season in three of the biggest leagues are in the Europa league. It’s not the mid table competition it usually is.
Compared to the CL unfortunately it'll always been seen that way but historically there have been a fair few big sides in the last 8 of this competition.

Take 13/14 for example - You had sides like Juve Benfica Lyon Spurs and Porto or 18/19 season where you had Benfica Chelsea Napoli Arsenal Valencia and Inter.

Benfica or Marseille v Liverpool or Atalanta

AC Milan or Roma v Bayer Leverkusen or West Ham

So the top 3 teams in our Poll! We called it :)

Atalanta currently 6th, four points off 4th place (UCL qualification) last 6 league games WWDLLD.

Onlything I can think of re. players is they sold Hoejland to United

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ6bjfXo1wg

I think no one mentioned that Atalanta has eliminated FC Sporting managed by Ruben Amorim – widely reported to be LFC's 2nd choice to replace Klopp after Xabi. Judging by these highlights, both teams look very much Europa League rather than CL level and are evenly matched, but Atalanta have more of a visible attacking system, while Sporting look like a counter-attacking team. Have to say, I don't see what's so special about Amorim.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ6bjfXo1wg

I think no one mentioned that Atalanta has eliminated FC Sporting managed by Ruben Amorim – widely reported to be LFC's 2nd choice to replace Klopp after Xabi. Judging by these highlights, both teams look very much Europa League rather than CL level and are evenly matched, but Atalanta have more of a visible attacking system, while Sporting look like a counter-attacking team. Have to say, I don't see what's so special about Amorim.

Amomim doing great in a fucking shit league. It would be a ludicrous gamble to appoint this guy.

Amomim doing great in a fucking shit league. It would be a ludicrous gamble to appoint this guy.
Currently in 1st place one point ahead of Benfica. 4th place last season, 2nd the season before. I get it his team is pretty young, but there are lots of youngsters in other Portuguese teams as well. And I don't see a particularly attractive style of play.

They'd probably have been better off (though I hate to say it) doing Real separately, because don't they have like 13 just by themselves?

They won it 13 times alone so they probably have about 412 quarter finals or whatever.

Benfica or Marseille v Liverpool or Atalanta

AC Milan or Roma v Bayer Leverkusen or West Ham

So the top 3 teams in our Poll! We called it :)

We’ve become the lucky draw cunts we accuse City of being!!

Back
Top Bottom