• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Who do you want in the next round?

Who do you want in the next round?

• Freiburg

• Qarabag

• AC Milan

• Benfica

• Marseille

• Roma or Feynoord

• Sparta Prague

• Sporting CP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prague .... hurrah!
Any idea where I can buy away end tickets? Club's website the best place to try or any suggestions please? I meant for the first leg. It might quite cheap to make a car trip to Prague for me, hence asking.
To buy away European tickets off the club you will need a ton of credits for equivalent matches from previous seasons. People buy them just to give them an advantage when it comes to ticket allocation for the final

We're getting Leverkusen at some point, aren't we?
In the final. It is written. Klopp's final goodbye and Xabi will don a Red shirt after the final whistle with Klopp handing over a ceremonial Pukka Ale & Steak pie (he did have a packet of Tayto's in his back pocket but he sat on them - I'll not say which Tayto).

The Europa league first leg in Prague kicks off at 5.45 so there's a chance that the team might fly home that night, which could help in preparations for the Man City game on the following Sunday.

Šmicer: I'm going to have to warn the boys in Liverpool about Sparta
Robert Neumann
Today 15:18
Updated Today 17:51

(Via Google translate, edit: corrected some badly translated sentences, more readable now)

In the last episode of his podcast on Sport.cz, Vladimír Šmicer declared that he will keep his fingers crossed for Sparta against Galatasaray. So that they are not rested in the league, where they are in a fight for the title with his Slavia. His wish came true. Thursday's draw for the round of 16 in the European Football League, which Letenský (their stadium) was awarded by the famous Liverpool, changed everything. "I played in Liverpool for six years, I won seven trophies with them. So it is clear who I will support“, smiles Šmicer, who won the Champions League with the Reds in 2005.

What do you think about Sparta going to Liverpool?

It's definitely attractive for Sparta to play against Liverpool. They probably got the toughest possible opponent on offer. It will be interesting. The Spartans are in a state of euphoria, leading the league, knocking out Galatasaray. They're alright. I'm going to have to warn the boys in Liverpool to not underestimate anything.

For Liverpool, the draw probably is not so attractive…

Of course, for fans, Sparta isn't a name like AC Milan or Champions League rivals. They will tend to underestimate them. However, coach Jürgen Klopp and his staff will definitely not underestimate Sparta. They know very well that they succeeded in a group with Rangers and Betis and have now eliminated Galatasaray. But one thing cannot be overlooked...

Liverpool's large mess?

Exactly. Liverpool play on four fronts. On Sunday, the final of the League Cup with Chelsea awaits them, they are also in the race for the FA Cup and the championship title…

Will Liverpool assess that the European League is the least important to them?

You can't say it like that. Jürgen Klopp retires after the season, the team wants to win a trophy for him. I think that the team will go all out in all competitions. But I'm afraid they will persevere with the kids to avoid further injuries. On Wednesday against Luton, there were five teenagers on the bench. This is no longer a normal situation.

Given Liverpool's great team, that lacks Salah, Nunez, Alexander-Arnold or Alisson, does Sparta have a chance?

I think, if there's a good time to go against Liverpool and have a chance to beat them, then that is now. We'll see if at least some of the guys are ready for first game.

Are you expecting a phone call from Liverpool in relation to the duels with Sparta?

Journalists will at least call me. They know I'm in contact with Liverpool. But the club has its resources, a system to prepare for matches. Also, Liverpool's head of logistics visited me in Prague at Christmas. I think he got to know the city very well. (Laughs)

Are you going to watch a match?

Slavia will play on the same days against AC Milan, so I will be more interested in them. I'd be happy to travel to Milan with them. So I guess so. But I'll keep my fingers crossed for Liverpool. I played for them for six years, moreover, I have been battling against Sparta all my life, it must be clear to everyone who I wish for. I have a great personal relationship with Liverpool. So I guess it wouldn't even make sense if I wished for Sparta. Even the Spartans themselves would not want me to support them.

You will definitely support Slavia against AC Milan. Do you welcome this draw?

I'm happy for them. For me, AC Milan are legends. As a boy I supported Liverpool and in Van Basten's time AC Milan. I liked the club. I have great personal memories of AC Milan, I helped beat them in the Champions League final. I can't wait for Slavia to run out against AC.

Sauce: https://www.sport.cz/clanek/fotbal-...uky-v-liverpoolu-pred-spartou-varovat-5023328

Last edited:
The Europa league first leg in Prague kicks off at 5.45 so there's a chance that the team might fly home that night, which could help in preparations for the Man City game on the following Sunday.
We must play the kids. Thursday night vs Sunday against City. We’l get slaughtered like the Arsenal match if we don’t.

Haven't looked at this for a while. We look massively overpriced TBH. Bayer dismantled Bayern recently, they are a top top team and the betting should be MUCH closer. Even though you'd hope we have far more fit players should we make the final (or meet them in the 1/4s or semis).

Interesting that the betting makes Brighton favourites to beat Roma.

Screenshot-2024-02-24-at-18-02-43.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom