• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence why they will put players & staff needed into isolation, then test them, then when they have the all clear they'll join together to train together.

Same for broadcasting staff etc.

The time away from their families is why it will be a race to get it done in a few weeks.

That there is the point....

Everytime a player breaks the social distancing rules, he then has to isolate for at least 7 days. If he has been in contact with another player or the coaching staff they have to isolate, which then puts back the restart of the season. Unless it is decided that Everton restart thier season a week or more later, or they know; and, or can prove that the player has had no contact with other players or coaching staff, in which case the restart thier season with that player in isolation

I'm very skeptical about it restarting. You just need one player or one staff member of any club getting it, and that ensures the whole thing getting called off.

You can say that about any industry. I’m sure there is plenty on here in the same boat with work. I’m working from home and if they reopened my office and someone contracted the virus I’d end up back working from home.

With the other big leagues looking to restart, it does sound like the government is also more optimistic;

F1, throughout the pandemic, have constantly looked at their program, shifting dates. I think football needs to do something similar.

The relevant bodies need to look at transfer windows, pre-season, league games, international games including tournaments and everything else. It’s just nobody wants to make an actual decision.

Its also because you have so many interested parties, and most of them are all money hungry lizards who only look after their own interests.

WE can, obviously. But that's clearly not the relevant point. Sky and BT HAVE to do an on-air apology every single time they think something's been picked up, to protect them, to an extent, from OFCOM. And these games are likely to get more casual viewers than usual, so the sad nutters who complain about this stuff will increase quite dramatically. So the broadcasters WILL, without any doubt, be looking for ways to avoid it.
Pre-match (and flash ups during the game) advising anyone with an objection to strong language (and of course youngsters - they could have a 'sanitised' version on later) to turn to another channel. It works for films (yes of course those are shown late in the evening but still, there's a precedent).

You forget we should just be awarded the 3 points against Everton and Newcastle. They are a forgone conclusion.

F1, throughout the pandemic, have constantly looked at their program, shifting dates. I think football needs to do something similar.

The relevant bodies need to look at transfer windows, pre-season, league games, international games including tournaments and everything else. It’s just nobody wants to make an actual decision.

I don't think it's that they don't want to, it's that they can't until there's clear government guidance on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently only essential workers can go to work, which footballers don't fall into, so until there is regulations for non essential workers, a decision can't be made.

Boris Johnson has today issued guidelines as to how to minimise physical contact once football resumes: no handshakes, no hugs, and only head-to-stomach civilities:

7ivd.gif

I don't think it's that they don't want to, it's that they can't until there's clear government guidance on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but currently only essential workers can go to work, which footballers don't fall into, so until there is regulations for non essential workers, a decision can't be made.

I think just putting timeframes in to place. Not actual dates. Once we know it is safe to do so we will do X, Y and Z to finish the season and then move on to the next.

The government really want it to kick off again.

[article]
“I personally have been in talks with the Premier League with a view to getting football up and running as soon as possible in order to support the whole football community,” he said. “But, of course, any such moves would have to be consistent with public health guidance.”

A meeting between the DCMS, representatives of Public Health England and executives from Britain’s biggest sports, including the Premier League, is due this week to discuss how sport could safely resume. It is understood that any medical and safety plans will have to be signed off by PHE and the government

[/article]

The French haven’t decided how the league will be sorted it’s not getting finished I think there meeting next month to decide on null and void or award the winner 12 points difference between the top two

France become the first major country to surrender.

No change there then.

Ligue 1 and 2 - null and void for season 19/20

Its not been voided yet, and they’re looking at three different ways to end it. One of them is to set the table as it was half term, after 19 games.

[article]There is also a fear that up to four Premier League clubs could go into administration if the postponement goes on longer than the summer.
[/article]

From the independent.

I think Brighton and Burnley are 2 of them. They’ve been vocal about starting again. I’d guess Everton are another. That guess is a mixture of their wage bill being astronomical and wishful thinking.

I doubt it. Everton's owner is rich. My money is on West Ham

Yes. Karren Brady's on record as wanting the season voided and this, in addition to W.Ham's league form and position, would be in line with that.

It's true about Moshiri and Everton unfortunately, but hey - a man can dream.

The season is not null and void (UEFA basically already confirmed this will be off the table anyway). President of their FA:

Table as it stands is final table (no PPG, etc). Top three to Champions League.

Promotion and relegation still taking place... two go down, two come up.

To be ratified by the League.

That’s a surprise. Most other news outlets are saying everything is in motion to start up soon.

From the mirror

[article]
Premier League clubs are building up to restarting games on the weekend of June 13.

They are even beginning to tell staff that there are plans to try and start fixtures again as league bosses seek clearance from the Government as part of Project Restart.
[/article]

Independent

[article]
The Premier League has advised clubs to consider recalling their players and staff from abroad ahead of a possible return to training in May.

With the season ground to a halt since March due to the coronavirus pandemic, many foreign players have returned to their homeland.
[/article]

Guardian

[article]Only on Friday will top-flight clubs be presented by the league with a protocol to enable a full return to training. After a weekend of headlines trumpeting the return of top-flight football, with a three-week pre-season beginning in May and matches behind closed doors from 9 June, the culture secretary, Oliver Dowden, told parliament on Monday that he backed a quick return but with a significant coda.
[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom