• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
They get pretty close to that in rugby. They don't call the ref or each other "Sir", and there can be all kinds of skullduggery going on during the game itself (the average pro rugby player could eat the average pro footballer for breakfast), but there is very little loud verbal confrontation and definitely none towards the ref.
I played a fair bit of rugby for my school when I was a teenager and we always called the ref Sir, but that in itself was privilege reserved only for the captain of each team. I thought it naturally carried on over to the pros, but maybe not?

The trouble with Rugby (Union) in England is it is generally played by a bunch of entitled public school inbreds who ultimately degenerate into toff racist misogynist students who think is it funny to clench pennies between their buttocks & drop them into pint glasses before downing the pint. "All lads together" - fuck off you twats

Fucking hate it

Just my opinion like ...

You're entitled to it, but it's massively out of date. This isn't to say you won't ever come across that sort of thing, but in my experience it's rare even at the basic local level at which I played, and completely unknown in the upper reaches of the rugby pyramid.

I played a fair bit of rugby for my school when I was a teenager and we always called the ref Sir, but that in itself was privilege reserved only for the captain of each team. I thought it naturally carried on over to the pros, but maybe not?

No, but not through any lack of respect. Referees at the top level try to approach their job much more as "first among equals".

Yes. They can’t void the competition if the Fa/Premier League want to meet UEFA’s criteria. They need to end the season meeting “sporting integrity”. One idea is a playoff for certain positions. We’d be exempt due to our commanding lead. And we’d be crowned champions.

I really hope some kind of timeline comes out soon. I've picked up assignments in the remote north where internet is terrible and streaming is unreliable.

I'd really like to be able to time my break between assignments for a massive celebration at the pub.

To win the league but not be able to watch it and not have any alcohol almost doesnt bare considering.

Yes. They can’t void the competition if the Fa/Premier League want to meet UEFA’s criteria. They need to end the season meeting “sporting integrity”. One idea is a playoff for certain positions. We’d be exempt due to our commanding lead. And we’d be crowned champions.

Yes, well that will do.

I'd like that announced immediately please.

You’ll have to wait at least a week. The premier league shareholders don’t “meet” until next Friday.

The trouble with Rugby (Union) in England is it is generally played by a bunch of entitled public school inbreds who ultimately degenerate into toff racist misogynist students who think is it funny to clench pennies between their buttocks & drop them into pint glasses before downing the pint. "All lads together" - fuck off you twats

Fucking hate it

Just my opinion like ...

In my experience rugby players are almost always complete arrogant cunts.

I fucking hate the sport.

If UEFA are true to their word, then Holland wont have any teams in the European competitions next season.

Ajax were ahead on goal difference only btw.

Cambuur, Utrecht and others have said they will be reising law suits against the decision.

If UEFA are true to their word, then Holland wont have any teams in the European competitions next season.

Ajax were ahead on goal difference only btw.

Cambuur, Utrecht and others have said they will be reising law suits against the decision.

And that's the can of worms it opens; law suits, major leagues in danger of losing out on European competition (just one season out could have a devastating effect), the knock on effect of attracting top players to the league..

There is only a few ways this season can be finished the premier league should just tell us what will happen if football can’t be the played then we can get used to null and void or everybody else can get used to us being champions

What if there is no sport till Feb next year? No point in cancelling this season to try and get a full 20/21 season that won’t be finished.

I think this will just keep dragging on and on like it already has, with various reports of "plans" of starting the league by a certain date, with that date continuously getting pushed back.

Other countries might get their shit together to have footy behind closed doors soon enough, I don't know. But we're proper shitting the bed here. I can't see it being a feasible prospect any time soon.

There's so many legal, logistical, health issues on all sides of this. I can't see any situation that isn't a holy mess, whether that be 2 years before sport resumes, or whether it's some form of football behind closed doors in quarantined camps.

If they do resume soon, it only takes ONE person in the entire league to contract the virus for it all to be halted again. One person out of the hundreds of members of staff for each of the 20 clubs. I don't like them odds.

Then, obviously, no sport for god knows how long brings about a whole other shitload of issues.

I honestly can't see any way out of this other than ending the season as it stands, whether we're crowned champions or not, and waiting for about 18 months/2 years for it all to be resumed again.

I think this will just keep dragging on and on like it already has, with various reports of "plans" of starting the league by a certain date, with that date continuously getting pushed back.

Other countries might get their shit together to have footy behind closed doors soon enough, I don't know. But we're proper shitting the bed here. I can't see it being a feasible prospect any time soon.

There's so many legal, logistical, health issues on all sides of this. I can't see any situation that isn't a holy mess, whether that be 2 years before sport resumes, or whether it's some form of football behind closed doors in quarantined camps.

If they do resume soon, it only takes ONE person in the entire league to contract the virus for it all to be halted again. One person out of the hundreds of members of staff for each of the 20 clubs. I don't like them odds.

Then, obviously, no sport for god knows how long brings about a whole other shitload of issues.

I honestly can't see any way out of this other than ending the season as it stands, whether we're crowned champions or not, and waiting for about 18 months/2 years for it all to be resumed again.

If it takes 2 years then there won’t be any clubs left. We pay over £200 million a year in wages. With no income we’d fold. As will every other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom