• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Burnley (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie Smart and Nick Greenhalgh are his assistants on the touchline while Tom Bramall is fourth official, and the lead VAR operator is Stuart Attwell, supported by Marc Perry.

Isn't wonderful to all those who went on about our right being so much more balanced post Chelsea game.
Now whole of the first choice right sided is injured. Hopefully Trent one is not too bad. Need Salah back ASAP too but hopefully not with risk of injury.

Isn't wonderful to all those who went on about our right being so much more balanced post Chelsea game.
Now whole of the first choice right sided is injured. Hopefully Trent one is not too bad. Need Salah back ASAP too but hopefully not with risk of injury.
Young Bradley too.

Am not sure what the Greek for welcome back is but I 'm really happy to have another of our long term injured back.

I realized that I just totally blanked out the last 15 mins. Have no idea what happened, what the subs are, whatsoever.

Elliott been the difference here
He was good. He brought the energy we were totally lacking in the first half. Played some nice passes too. And two assists (OK one took a nick off a defender but I think he'll still get the credit).

It's whats come to be expected of us, your bog standard first half followed up by an imperious 2nd half.

Harvey was brilliant 2nd half, fantastic change.

Could've been a very different finish had Fofana took one of his chances, Kelleher tbh to him stood up tall.

Gonna run through the ratings real quick as I wanna crack onto the Leverkusen Bayern game.

Kelleher 8 - Stood up tall and made key saves at decisive moments. Other than 1 poor kick, a very good game.

Trent 6.5 - Did alright...+0.5 for the corner, kept looking for the same ball over the top every time, doesn't really look to link up play or get involved unless he's setting someone off by showing off his passing. Much better when he went off.
Quansah 7 - Some shaky moments defensively, the tackle for his yellow was needless....the headed clearance attempt for Fofana's first chance was awful. Won his fair share of headers and was unlucky not to score.
Virgil 7.5 - Got ran past a few times in that first half including the first chance of the game which Burnley had that Kelleher saved, stepped it up 2nd half but that first half was worrying.
Robbo 7 - Really didn't like him in the LCB position first half, much much better when he's using his energy flying up and down the wing and putting in lots of crosses.

Endo 8 - Really good to have him back and a really good display, it's as if he never went away! Picked up where he left of.
Mac 6 - Maybe being a little harsh on him but didn't really notice him at all. Expected him to control and dominate the ball, never came.
Jones 7 - Did marginally better in his new position 2nd half otherwise another forgettable display by our so called "best midfielder"

Jota 7 - +1 for the goal, didn't see him before the goal and only saw him once again after it.
Nunez 8 - Constant threat as always with his willingness and grit to run off the shoulder, brilliant header, unlucky not to get a second at the end there, the touch was sublime. Played across the front 3 and looked bright in each position.
Diaz 7.5 - +1 for his goal aswell, his decision making in the final third needed to be better......I know technically he'll get the chance created when the keeper saved from Jota but the pass to Nunez needed to be played.

Harvey 9 - MOTM, head and shoulders above any other player on the park that 2nd half.....2 assists, sprayed it about beautifully. Superb performance.
Gakpo 6 - Not sure how long he got but don't think he touched the ball.

Gonna run through the ratings real quick as I wanna crack onto the Leverkusen Bayern game.

Kelleher 8 - Stood up tall and made key saves at decisive moments. Other than 1 poor kick, a very good game.

Trent 6.5 - Did alright...+0.5 for the corner, kept looking for the same ball over the top every time, doesn't really look to link up play or get involved unless he's setting someone off by showing off his passing. Much better when he went off.
Quansah 7 - Some shaky moments defensively, the tackle for his yellow was needless....the headed clearance attempt for Fofana's first chance was awful. Won his fair share of headers and was unlucky not to score.
Virgil 7.5 - Got ran past a few times in that first half including the first chance of the game which Burnley had that Kelleher saved, stepped it up 2nd half but that first half was worrying.
Robbo 7 - Really didn't like him in the LCB position first half, much much better when he's using his energy flying up and down the wing and putting in lots of crosses.

Endo 8 - Really good to have him back and a really good display, it's as if he never went away! Picked up where he left of.
Mac 6 - Maybe being a little harsh on him but didn't really notice him at all. Expected him to control and dominate the ball, never came.
Jones 7 - Did marginally better in his new position 2nd half otherwise another forgettable display by our so called "best midfielder"

Jota 7 - +1 for the goal, didn't see him before the goal and only saw him once again after it.
Nunez 8 - Constant threat as always with his willingness and grit to run off the shoulder, brilliant header, unlucky not to get a second at the end there, the touch was sublime. Played across the front 3 and looked bright in each position.
Diaz 7.5 - +1 for his goal aswell, his decision making in the final third needed to be better......I know technically he'll get the chance created when the keeper saved from Jota but the pass to Nunez needed to be played.

Harvey 9 - MOTM, head and shoulders above any other player on the park that 2nd half.....2 assists, sprayed it about beautifully. Superb performance.
Gakpo 6 - Not sure how long he got but don't think he touched the ball.
Marks seem high across the board. Endo never an 8 he was invisible (as were all of the midfield) in the first half except when fouling and picking up a Yellow. Better in the second though again players ran past him. 6.5

Mac much better in the second. 6.5 to 7 overall.

Jota did a lot of good work on the LW. 7 fair Inc. 1 for the goal.

I didn't watch the game but I did see in the lineup Trent was taken off, was that due toinjury, poor performance or just injury management?
So who will be fit for our next game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom