• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Deulofeu showed he is slow to react to react on early shot. Plus his distribution isn't ederson amazing. 7/10 seems fair considering the money paid for him

That was hit very well, low, hard and with little backlift. There are some shots you just don't save.

It is all about the probability game for the keepers. Allison's positioning is probably his greatest strength, keepers use that to close down the angles and make it hard for the opponent to score. But there are still a few spots that if the striker of the ball managed to find it, leaves the keeper with no chance regardless.

Allison has saved a huge amount of shots taken at close range, sometimes making them look almost effortless because of his top class movement and positioning work. Ming and Karius are good shot stoppers, but on close range you always fancy the striker. That's why they are merely decent, while Allison is almost world class.

He is a huge upgrade for us.

That was hit very well, low, hard and with little backlift. There are some shots you just don't save.

It is all about the probability game for the keepers. Allison's positioning is probably his greatest strength, keepers use that to close down the angles and make it hard for the opponent to score. But there are still a few spots that if the striker of the ball managed to find it, leaves the keeper with no chance regardless.

Allison has saved a huge amount of shots taken at close range, sometimes making them look almost effortless because of his top class movement and positioning work. Ming and Karius are good shot stoppers, but on close range you always fancy the striker. That's why they are merely decent, while Allison is almost world class.

Ming and Karius are not decent keepers. Karius for the first few months looked as though he was scared of the ball.

The defence is good enough, we have arguably the best back for with ball to feet in the league, but the options in front of them are often non existent. That's on the midfield imo, they need to be providing the movement & options, I don't see much of that at all unfortunately

To be fair to them, the defence and attack can learn how to operate as isolated units, just working amongst themselves until it clicks. The midfield doesn't have it so easy, they have to learn to operate in isolation too, but on top of that they need to adapt their operations to the way the defence and attack have decided to do things. It's a much harder problem to work out, multivariate modelling is what I'd call it, difficult shit especially for mentally limited footballers.

This thread is ridiculous. 7/10, after what we’ve seen in the past? Really?

Both Karius and Mong had stupid positioning at times. It was like, 'what the fuck you doing standing there?' 'And now you're looking at the ball. In the net. You fucking gimp.'

I think people here are focusing far too much on some of his passing and not focusing on his WORLD CLASS positional play/shotstopping/decision making.

Personally think for his age and potential he's a monster and we are VERY lucky to have him.

Indeed. Brazil's manager clearly agrees as well, given that our guy's keeping Ederson on the bench for them.

Sensational today

He had no right to make that save he did

I loved at him screaming at gomez and van dijk in the 92nd minute to get on with it when Gomez was squaring up with someone

His best moment today for me wasnt the top class save he made to keep it scoreless, it was him sprinting 30 yards in the 94th minute to release the freekick to Trent and let him carry it up field before launching the final cross.

Thats why Klopp ran on and hugged him, his awareness and teamwork was what set the goal in motion.

Can someone please change the thread title to reflect the player's actual name? Ta.

Thats why I always refer to him as Becker - I have no idea how to spell Alisson, Allison or Allisson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom