• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson 7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was one of the fee cautioning against being convinced by one year worth of great metrics. But he's been better than we could have reasonably hoped for even when we paid 65m for him.

Edwards and Klopp have been exceptional together

I was one of the fee cautioning against being convinced by one year worth of great metrics. But he's been better than we could have reasonably hoped for even when we paid 65m for him.

And your scepticism regarding the price tag for VVD, justifiable at the time in my book, has also proven somewhat unfounded.
#inedwardswetrust

Actually there is an article in the Times which is behind the paywall eulogising the work of Edwards.
Must be doing something right.

All things considered I was OK, if not exactly ecstatic, about the fee for van Dijk but I had begun to have my concerns about Edwards earlier on. I had started to wonder if he wasn't turning out to be a bit of a Statto whose thinking began and ended with figures on a page (obv.they have their place but I've never believed they are enough on their own). Maybe he actually is and the balance of him and Klopp in harness together is what makes the set-up work but, whatever the truth of it, long may it continue.

All things considered I was OK, if not exactly ecstatic, about the fee for van Dijk but I had begun to have my concerns about Edwards earlier on. I had started to wonder if he wasn't turning out to be a bit of a Statto whose thinking began and ended with figures on a page (obv.they have their place but I've never believed they are enough on their own). Maybe he actually is and the balance of him and Klopp in harness together is what makes the set-up work but, whatever the truth of it, long may it continue.

It did seem like a shitload of money, but the fact is that it was so obvious we needed a new CB and he needed to be top-level, so we stumped up.

I was always a fan, so was delighted to sign him.

Well in Ross, I'd add VVD to your understandable caution, though let's be honest, we have previous for overpriced fuck ups, so..

I take it Alisson is also taking over from Lucas as the resident Brazilian barbecue host

Watched the vid with Virgil & Gomez too, kinda weird how they seem genuinely nice and normal. Even though Joe Gomez's favourite rapper is J. Cole which is a fucking criminal offense

I take it Alisson is also taking over from Lucas as the resident Brazilian barbecue host

Watched the vid with Virgil & Gomez too, kinda weird how they seem genuinely nice and normal. Even though Joe Gomez's favourite rapper is J. Cole which is a fucking criminal offense
He's got some bangers though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom