• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have scored yeah, but he hasn't really played much at all. Hard for a lot of strikers to find the scoring boots properly without a run of games under their belt.

I won't judge him for missing a few considering how sparingly he's played, & certainly not when he's already scored.
Totally get you, but for someone in his position (ie fighting to stay in the squad) he has to score that. It’s what separates the good players with the ordinary ones. This is his chance. He has to take every oportunity he gets.

Klav and Moreno are a comedy duo

Moreno is merely doing to Klavan what he did to Lovren. Klavan is having to play left CB AND left back.The bloke is absolutely appalling positionally - I know it's hard on the telly, but I lost count of the times where I really couldn't even see where the daft midget was on the pitch, and today he seems even more stupid with his passing than usual. You'd imagine someone who's been out for so long would come on and really try to impress, but he's been the opposite.

Moreno is merely doing to Klavan what he did to Lovren. Klavan is having to play left CB AND left back.The bloke is absolutely appalling positionally - I know it's hard on the telly, but I lost count of the times where I really couldn't even see where the daft midget was on the pitch, and today he seems even more stupid with his passing than usual. You'd imagine someone who's been out for so long would come on and really try to impress, but he's been the opposite.

He’s rusty of course but yeah, his positioning is abysmal.

Klopp needs to try to restore some confidence into Moreno at half-time, he looks really rusty and tentative. Phillips is enjoying his game so far.

Moreno is really doing my head in - he's been total gash and to blame for umpteen WBA attacks. Offered nothing in attack either.

Klopp needs to try to restore some confidence into Moreno at half-time, he looks really rusty and tentative. Phillips is enjoying his game so far.

He shouldn't be that rusty. I would have played the little idiot in the ressies - a few games at CB so he could actually learn what a left back needs to do alongside him - and at least he would've been sharper. He clearly doesn't take advice, he doesn't learn, he's a fecking menace in the worst possible sense.

Moreno is really doing my head in - he's been total gash and to blame for umpteen WBA attacks. Offered nothing in attack either.
Yeah. If he does nothing to help the attack, he’s absolutely worthless for us. I really don’t understand why he won’t try to use his pace against their right back. Receive the ball in attack. Pass back. Rinse and repeat.

He shouldn't be that rusty. I would have played the little idiot in the ressies - a few games at CB so he could actually learn what a left back needs to do alongside him - and at least he would've been sharper. He clearly doesn't take advice, he doesn't learn, he's a fecking menace in the worst possible sense.
Christ, imagine playing him at CB. He’d probably be standing on the other end of the pitch.

So far Henderson, Milner and Klavan have been left back. Moreno is just arsing around wherever he feels like it.

Yeah. If he does nothing to help the attack, he’s absolutely worthless for us. I really don’t understand why he won’t try to use his pace against their right back. Receive the ball in attack. Pass back. Rinse and repeat.
He never looks likely to beat a man when he isn't running onto the ball in space.

Bit of a let off that final shot.

Hendo with an uncharacteristic error in the box to fail to clear that or pass to a red shirt.

We need to buy Bertrand if Southampton get relegated. Him and robbo could both alternate well

Moreno nowhere to be found again
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt first half, but again he seems to be wandering off without offering an attacking option & leaving full back unoccupied.

If he were attacking or dragging men out of position I'd get it, but he's not.

He's a fucking liability.

Remember first half of the season where we all were impressed Moreno had improved

Then robbo came in and was a fucking beast on toast

....is this the type of performance by Moreno we lauded?

Remember first half of the season where we all were impressed Moreno had improved

Then robbo came in and was a fucking beast on toast

....is this the type of performance by Moreno we lauded?
No. He was very effective attacking (although not great) & was a bit more positional aware.

There's a reason Robbo stayed in that position though, & that's cos he's better at both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom