• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

the squad right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullflower

Part of the Furniture
reina

johnson carra agger aurelio

kuyt mash lucas benayoun

gerrard torres

and

caviar

degen skrtel kelly insua

the zhar plessis spearing riera

babel voronin( wash )

nemeth and pacheco deserve a mention.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=35066.msg918480#msg918480 date=1249445968]
Cheers Skully, I had no idea who was playing for us these days.
[/quote]

looks a bit shit.

As does your avatar.

Nitpicking and all, but Riera will start as first-choice ahead of Benayoun. And anyway, we'll probably add to the squad before the window's out.

I'd go for this Skully.. Doesn't look too shabby seeing as Kuyt was the second highest scoring midfielder last season in the prem and Aurelio was in the ' prem team of the year'.. Riera is the only doubt but hopefully Benayoun/Babel can give him a kick up the arse..

Reina

Johnson Carra Agger Aurelio

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[quote author=JimmyK link=topic=35066.msg919140#msg919140 date=1249497840]
I'd go for this Skully.. Doesn't look too shabby seeing as Kuyt was the second highest scoring midfielder last season in the prem and Aurelio was in the ' prem team of the year'.. Riera is the only doubt but hopefully Benayoun/Babel can give him a kick up the arse..

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

this was meant to be about the strength of our back up players, not prefered first team line ups.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=35066.msg919149#msg919149 date=1249498163]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

this was meant to be about the strength of our back up players, not prefered first team line ups.
[/quote]

Oh right, yeh our backup players are wank.

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

and as we stand, aquilani is not e cert to join as yet!!

When I think of that spaz Leto getting game time it pisses me off.

(With regard to Hammill).

[quote author=cochyn link=topic=35066.msg919162#msg919162 date=1249499126]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Medical pending..

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=35066.msg918478#msg918478 date=1249445910]

reina

kuyt mash lucas benayoun

gerrard torres

and

caviar

degen skrtel kelly insua

the zhar plessis spearing riera

babel voronin( wash )

[/quote]

I'm not overly terrified by that, bar the odd exceptions like Plessis, Degen and El Zhar.

I'd like to see us add a couple of British based players though, for the right price obv. Or just Silva.

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

As written there it hardly screams progress compared to last season IMO.

I really hope we can, and do, sign somebody on top of that, and it is true our second string is fucking appalling. I hope we buy in Silva or Villa we need more quality in that team/squad.

we've added a top quality fullback but lost an integral part of the spine. so if we were a 9/10 last season I'd say as things are right now we're an 8.5/10

[quote author=JimmyK link=topic=35066.msg919597#msg919597 date=1249553933]
[quote author=cochyn link=topic=35066.msg919162#msg919162 date=1249499126]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Medical pending..
[/quote]

A medical pending for a player that supposedly is perennial injured does not fill me with great confidence that he will certainly arrive JK

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=35066.msg919620#msg919620 date=1249555922]
we've added a top quality fullback but lost an integral part of the spine. so if we were a 9/10 last season I'd say as things are right now we're an 8.5/10

[/quote]

Thank God!

I thought I was the only one who was thinking we are weaker than before.... its killing me everybody is so calm about whats going on!!

Me i'm panicking like fuck because we are so fucking skint im petrified that aquilani will be it..... I will be genuinely upset if all we do is replace Xabi with Aquilani, it wouldnt make any fucking sense at fucking all IMO.

I am not happy about this transfer window at all and I think our squad depth is a bit of a worry.

Towards the end of the season / beginning of the summer, pretty much everyone agreed that we needed:

1. A top class attacker - hasn't happened.
2. Another striker - We brought Voronin back.
3. Backup RB - It's still Degen.
4. To get rid of Dossena - hasn't happened.

So none of those supposed requirements have been met. In defence, our squad depth is particularly worrying as Aurelio is out, Johnson is new to the side and Agger / Skrtel have picked up knocks. In midfield, we arguably lacked depth last season as Lucas failed to really step up and now we've replaced our player of the season with an unknown quantity who might need some time to adjust meaning that the pressure on Masher, Gerrard and potentially Lucas is even greater. Up front, we're still fucked if Torres gets injured and will more than likely once again rely on shifting Kuyt up front if the worst happens.

It could all come together wonderfully... everyone might stay fit, fringe players might step up... ya'never know... but if this board was told back in May that our summer would turn out this way, there wouldn't have been many smiles.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=35066.msg919619#msg919619 date=1249555874]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

I really hope we can, and do, sign somebody on top of that, and it is true our second string is fucking appalling. I hope we buy in Silva or Villa we need more quality in that team/squad.
[/quote]

Do we actually need progress (a better side/squad) this season to win the prem? Im not so sure.

Given the state of the others out of the big 4, the same stats this year as last and we could well be walking away with the league.

[quote author=grjt link=topic=35066.msg919642#msg919642 date=1249558081]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do we actually need progress (a better side/squad) this season to win the prem? Im not so sure.

Given the state of the others out of the big 4, the same stats this year as last and we could well be walking away with the league.
[/quote]

Yeah i think we do personally mate.

I see where your coming from with regards to the scum and Gooners, but Chelsea look like they have improved there squad. For me anyway the chavs look like our biggest threat and i doubt they'll be hampered by as many key injuries this season.

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

erm.... 19 years.

yes we need to improve, Chelsea will be better, Man U will buy and so will Arsenal. Man city will also be at least a nuisance.

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=35066.msg919652#msg919652 date=1249558860]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

erm.... 19 years.

yes we need to improve, Chelsea will be better, Man U will buy and so will Arsenal. Man city will also be at least a nuisance.
[/quote]

19 years 19 years 19 YEARS 111111111111999999999999999 YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRssss - fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Feel better?

How will Chelsea be better? Theyve bought ZHirkov, which means they have to drop Ballack and either Essien or Mikel to accomodate him - you can only play 11 men.

Man U may well buy - have they bought anyone scary yet? No.

Arsenal have lost arguably their best CB, have another throwing a paddy, and have sold their mainstay CF. They REALLY have to sign big just to stop going backwards.

Carry on frothing at the mouth.

Well if they play the diamond formation, neither has a natural place in the side... unless Zhirkhov plays at LB.

As for our rivals suffering similarly boring / shitty summers, it's exactly for that reason that we need to ensure that we're as strong as possible to try and take advantage

[quote author=grjt link=topic=35066.msg919655#msg919655 date=1249559103]
[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=35066.msg919652#msg919652 date=1249558860]

Reina

Masch Aquilani

Kuyt Gerrard Riera

Torres

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

erm.... 19 years.

[/quote]

19 years 19 years 19 YEARS 111111111111999999999999999 YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRssss - fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Feel better?

How will Chelsea be better? Theyve bought ZHirkov, which means they have to drop Ballack and either Essien or Mikel to accomodate him - you can only play 11 men.

Man U may well buy - have they bought anyone scary yet? No.

Arsenal have lost arguably their best CB, have another throwing a paddy, and have sold their mainstay CF. They REALLY have to sign big just to stop going backwards.

Carry on frothing at the mouth.
[/quote]

Personally I do not agree that selling a star player to buy in a gamble of a replacement is a good summer. IMO we are not stronger than we were. We have not won the league for a very very long time and despite coming close last season did in fact win sweet fuck all, i.e. strengthening would be a very good idea,while not strengthening and assuming that everybody else will be shit is not a good idea.

IMO.
Low froth.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=35066.msg918478#msg918478 date=1249445910]

reina

kuyt mash lucas benayoun

gerrard torres

and

caviar

degen skrtel kelly insua

the zhar aquilani spearing riera

babel voronin( wash )

[/quote]

we need another class attacker, a right back who can play centre back ( or the other way round ) and we're good to go.

i am actually happy to see n'gog given game time. i reckon we will be using kuyt if torres is injured.

typing this squad out has made me realise how handy owen, on a free, would be. i presumed it was because we would be buying someone else at the time, but it doesn't look likely.

Based on pre-season i think Martin Kelly should be our back up right back. Degen looks shit in fairness, and Kelly looks really comfortable.

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=35066.msg919662#msg919662 date=1249559428]
Zhirkov will be competing with Malouda for a place in the team, no?

[/quote]

What I thought..

Anyway, regards us.. Whether we have to improve or not because of other teams losses of personnel, it's imperative we hit the opposition at a moment of weakness, and right now is the PERFECT time to hit United where it hurts and ensure we improve ourselves beyond them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom