• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The search for a new DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been great tonight, not saying this just because he's Ivorian but he does remind a lot of Yaya Toure.

Anyway, nice to see CL qualifiers back on UK TV after years of being on that crappy PremierSports subscription garbage.
Yeah, people seem to not want him, could be because hes actually 35 and not what he says he is ?. From the clips I have seen of him, he seems to break up play really well can move fairly quickly and very press resistent, with dribble skills. So why have we not gone for him ? Maybe coz of Afcon and we need that type of role for the full season.

@StevieM had my hopes up that we may get him along with Lavia. Very little hope of that given the way we are moving with the Lavia transfer.

In that case don’t worry mate - we’re signing Tuchameni in January and Gvardiol has a £35m clause that only we can trigger next summer.

Also Curtis has secretly been made 2nd Vice Captain and will go on to be captain ahead of Trent when Van Dijk leaves for Saudi next summer for a squizillion pound and have the rest of the team built around him.

This will also coincide with the revelation that M’bappe to Real on a free was a smokescreen all along for him to sign for us and be revealed alongside both Bellingham brothers after we exercised the secret £35m LFC clause in Jude’s Real deal and Jobi signs for a tribunal fixed fee at one of those merch show bags Big Jorg got.

Carvalho will also return after a season in Germany transitions him to the midfield master he’s always identified as.

Thank me later and rest easy.

Innovative how?

They've done a lot on the commercial side of things and whilst much was made of the whole moneyball thing, aside from that period of Edwards, Klopp and co killing it, I can't say I've been super impressed by them.

Red Sox hadn't won the world series in over 80 plus years. Under FSG, they broke the curse, and have won it three times (?) since then. My understanding is that they have done an excellent job of transforming the area around Fenway Park.

Same with us. We have won the league once, challenged for the league multiple times under Klopp, and once under Rodgers also. If it was somewhat of a level playing field, we would have won the league multiple times under them.

While not exactly Bill James and Billy Beane Oakland A moneyball, they have promoted a careful analytics based scouting system which has worked at both Red Sox and us. People take DOF for granted but it was not the norm in England ten years ago. We had several journalist and fans (maybe including me, I have to search my posting history) poke fun at our "transfer committee". But they stuck with it. Definitely, Klopp was the catalyst but I don't think the truth is as simple as they lucked into Klopp. They were responsible for assembling the entire transfer committee. They setup the environment for someone like Klopp to come in and take it to a whole new level.

I also like them for not going for a new stadium and increasing the capacity gradually. On the commercial side, we look a completely different animal now.

Bottomline is that, yes, they have stumbled a bit. They have also been lucky. There maybe a ceiling on what their type of ownership can deliver at the highest level particularly in a not so level playing field. But at the same time, you don't break the duck with two franchises which have a history of underachievement for multiple decades by just luck.

Their flaws have been discussed in detail in multiple threads all through the forum. I wont present them here. For all of their flaws, Klopp has signed contract extensions multiple times to work under them. You are not naive enough to believe that it is just due to Kop chanting his name. Klopp must appreciate something about them to work with them.

In that case don’t worry mate - we’re signing Tuchameni in January and Gvardiol has a £35m clause that only we can trigger next summer.

Also Curtis has secretly been made 2nd Vice Captain and will go on to be captain ahead of Trent when Van Dijk leaves for Saudi next summer for a squizillion pound and have the rest of the team built around him.

This will also coincide with the revelation that M’bappe to Real on a free was a smokescreen all along for him to sign for us and be revealed alongside both Bellingham brothers after we exercised the secret £35m LFC clause in Jude’s Real deal and Jobi signs for a tribunal fixed fee at one of those merch show bags Big Jorg got.

Carvalho will also return after a season in Germany transitions him to the midfield master he’s always identified as.

Thank me later and rest easy.
Just so you and the redt of the forum understand:

1) I still dont get why so many are obsessed with Tuchamani, overpriced and over hyped, never wanted him.

2) Gvardiol , very good but not worth the price

3) Mbappe can fuck off,

Agree on Curtis as vice captain after VVD leaves. He must be.

While not exactly Bill James and Billy Beane Oakland A moneyball, they have promoted a careful analytics based scouting system which has worked at both Red Sox and us. People take DOF for granted but it was not the norm in England ten years ago. We had several journalist and fans (maybe including me, I have to search my posting history) poke fun at our "transfer committee". But they stuck with it. Definitely, Klopp was the catalyst but I don't think the truth is as simple as they lucked into Klopp. They were responsible for assembling the entire transfer committee. They setup the environment for someone like Klopp to come in and take it to a whole new level.

Bottomline is that, yes, they have stumbled a bit. They have also been lucky. There maybe a ceiling on what their type of ownership can deliver at the highest level particularly in a not so level playing field. But at the same time, you don't break the duck with two franchises which have a history of underachievement for multiple decades by just luck.

Didn't they more or less abandon the DoF position (and strategy) for Rodgers?

Anyways, obviously there are some smart people involved and they've done some good things. I would question whether they've lived up to the air of mystique they had / were given when they arrived and certainly struggle to buy into the idea that with a level playing field, we'd be killing it because they're so innovative and smart.

What's the explanation for our situation at the moment? (And I don't follow baseball but I believe there is a disillusioned fan base over there too).

Just so you and the redt of the forum understand:

1) I still dont get why so many are obsessed with Tuchamani, overpriced and over hyped, never wanted him.

2) Gvardiol , very good but not worth the price

3) Mbappe can fuck off,

Agree on Curtis as vice captain after VVD leaves. He must be.

None of that post was serious.

None of it!!!

Getting this worked up before a ball is kicked

Doesn't the same get said after a ball is kicked or after we've had a shitty run with I don't know 5 games without a win, apparently for some there's never a time for kicking up a fuss........not allowed to express any kind of emotion, we should all let the AI take control.

Fans ride the wave and journey of a club from life to death, on season off season mid season whatever, they have a right to feel and show a bit of frustration with the clubs stance in particular with the Lavia situation.

Doesn't the same get said after a ball is kicked or after we've had a shitty run with I don't know 5 games without a win, apparently for some there's never a time for kicking up a fuss........not allowed to express any kind of emotion, we should all let the AI take control.

Fans ride the wave and journey of a club from life to death, on season off season mid season whatever, they have a right to feel and show a bit of frustration with the clubs stance in particular with the Lavia situation.
No one is denying your right to waste emotional energy.

Didn't they more or less abandon the DoF position (and strategy) for Rodgers?

Anyways, obviously there are some smart people involved and they've done some good things. I would question whether they've lived up to the air of mystique they had / were given when they arrived and certainly struggle to buy into the idea that with a level playing field, we'd be killing it because they're so innovative and smart.

What's the explanation for our situation at the moment? (And I don't follow baseball but I believe there is a disillusioned fan base over there too).

I dont think they abandoned the DOF strategy for Rodgers. It ended up being a weird situation where transfer committee got one signing and Rodgers got one.

I have been very critical of them also. I have no explanation for all of their actions. As I said in the previous post, there maybe a ceiling to what you can achieve at the highest level using careful scouting and analysis. When everyone else does it and is willing to put in more money, then you loose the advantage.

They have been very good at improving club infrastructure and commercial side. They dont take money out of the club. At the same time, for the playing side my understanding is that we invest what we make.

I have no clue why we have moved away from the transfer strategy which has helped us so much. I am betting it is not 100% FSG and Klopp and team also had something to do with it. I also have no clue why there is a lethargy in our club in terms of filling the positions - club doctor, DOF. Again, I would bet it has to do with Klopp and team also. But at the same time, I wouldn't absolve Henry and Werner of the blame also. They are the owners. If they call the CEO and put pressure on them get things moving, it will happen.

Klopp is a generational manager who can deliver sustained success but underutilized the midfielders he was given. Klopp did not allow the full talent of Henderson and Gini to flourish and you dont trust him, despite him being a generational manager who can deliver success.

oh-okay-75ef4c8748.jpg

Yes I am angry with him, because I also feel for those players having to play that heavy metal shit, and Henderson being labelled a passback pass side merchant. I always think that when Gini came on against Barca, he threw the Klopp role instructions out of the window, and for the first time in many a season we actually saw the true Gini. Klopp's way of playing was exhausting for those players. Unlike most on here I have never believed its his tactics that won us the league or CL, its down to the work he did in getting winning mentality into the players heads and not knowing when the games over.

Also, thise seasons we lost by a point, I put that down to Klopp getting to many draws, and a complete inability to break down low blocks, because the midfield movement of the ball was so shit at times.

I sometimes look back with mild regret for allowing Liverpool losses to affect my mood and emotional state.

Getting this worked up before a ball is kicked, and over transfers that may or may not happen seems fucking insane to me.
You are absolutely right, but the insanity on here is beautiful at times. Whatare forums for anyway, I am loving it, and feeling the anguish, the FSG hate, the hoplessness ( even though we gonna win by probably 3 goals against chelsea or more), and the civil war between the Top Reds and FSG outers.

I LOVE IT @Mamma Mia - its a welcome and pointless distraction from the real problems in life that we all have.

You are absolutely right, but the insanity on here is beautiful at times. Whatare forums for anyway, I am loving it, and feeling the anguish, the FSG hate, the hoplessness ( even though we gonna win by probably 3 goals against chelsea or more), and the civil war between the Top Reds and FSG outers.

I LOVE IT @Mamma Mia - its a welcome and pointless distraction from the real problems in life that we all have.
Oh yeah, I still come here every day and read it all.

Gundo looks like could be available, can we not just get him…
He is free, not sure about the wages though but I assume even FSG can afford him for 2yrs?

I dont think there has been a post of yours, I have agreed more with.

Gundo looks like could be available, can we not just get him…
He is free, not sure about the wages though but I assume even FSG can afford him for 2yrs?

In the 1% chance Barca don’t find a way to register him, he’ll end up back at City.

So there is a 1% chance we may sign another player?
That I don't have the answer to I'm afraid 😀

Come on Rubes, you're not 1 of those whose opinions of FSG are completely mute are you?

Last edited:
Would you take Hojbjerg for a reasonable fee as the second midfielder next to Lavia?

F3NeDp4WQAAQ8nN

£200M+ for 3 players is A LOT. But I’m a lot happier with this trio than the likes of Mount, Matheus Nunez and Gallagher we’ve been linked with early in the window. Oh, and don’t worry @moron, Curtis will still get plenty of games.

Who makes this shit?? let's sign the fucker first then post the official picks for gods sake

Thought I may as well drag this one to the top before Chelsea pinch both Lavia and Caicedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom