• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The search for a new DM

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to @StevieM, everything is fine, we have a squad strong enough to challenge.
Our attack is awesome, but we have yet to solve the big gaping whole left by Trent when he bombs forward.
Konate will get injured sooner rather later doing it. A CDM who can do that mopping up after Trent will help a lot.

We have the thinnest squad in the EPL according to transfermarkt:

ZV0K4vk.jpg

Sure feels thin.

Crazy how most of our top 4 rivals all have 10+ players more on their books.

ZV0K4vk.jpg
Ali
Kelleher
Adrian
Trent
Konate
Virgil
Matip
Gomez
Robertson
Phillips
Tsimikas
Thiago
Jones
Elliott
Badger
SoBossLa
Mac Allister
Salah
Diaz
Jota
Nunez
Gakpo

Then add in
Doak
Bradley
Morton
Clark

To me we are maybe 1 short from the first team. I wouldn’t want a squad of 27-36. That’s just bloated. We’ve shifted a few wasters already who would’ve been part of the squad last season who did nothing.

Ali
Kelleher
Adrian
Trent
Konate
Virgil
Matip
Gomez
Robertson
Phillips
Tsimikas
Thiago
Jones
Elliott
Badger
SoBossLa
Mac Allister
Salah
Diaz
Jota
Nunez
Gakpo

Then add in
Doak
Bradley
Morton
Clark

To me we are maybe 1 short from the first team. I wouldn’t want a squad of 27-36. That’s just bloated. We’ve shifted a few wasters already who would’ve been part of the squad last season who did nothing.

You're not wrong, I'd like at least two more though one DM and one RB unless Bradley is the one.

Its a bit pointless given several of the teams have bloated squads with players they are trying to get rid off or youngsters who will most likely go out on loan etc.
Chelsea have 10 players age 20 or under in that squad, Utd 6.
The likes of Pepe, Greenwood, Lukaku etc are all registered.

Yeah it's all a bunch of clickbait bollocks. But everyone knows there's no doubt we need 2 midfielders and a defender

Don't think we were ever planning to get another RB though. If Trent gets injured it'll probably be an inverted lineup with Gomez on the right and Robertson/Tsimikas in the hybrid position on the left

According to @StevieM, everything is fine, we have a squad strong enough to challenge.
Our attack is awesome, but we have yet to solve the big gaping whole left by Trent when he bombs forward.
Konate will get injured sooner rather later doing it. A CDM who can do that mopping up after Trent will help a lot.

I didn’t say everything was fine - I said we’re missing a DM and a CB would be nice - I’m just not foaming at the mouth or desperate to sign every player under The Lying Rag - and yes, I think we do have a cracking attacking line up which runs through the entire team - and yes I do think it’s good enough to challenge.

I can’t be clearer, that bar the DM issue, our problems are systemic and chucking money left right and centre on average players isn’t going to fix that - it will always comes down to whether Klopp and his game set up is right, tactically and whether the players on the pitch can execute those tactics to a significantly high enough level to win enough games to challenge for a title.

I hope that kind of clears things up for you, I don’t want you getting all angsty over it.

... Spatial awareness, closing down passing lines, pressing opposition players, breaking up their play, slowing opposition’s fast Poo adding & transitions down, knowing when to be able...
Must admit that isn't something I'd considered before.

Last edited:

ZV0K4vk.jpg

Have you seen some of the shite bloating those teams?

Also, those figures are deceptive - because some include loads of kids no-one has heard of - while ours, for example pretty much only includes our main squad.

Sure feels thin.

Crazy how most of our top 4 rivals all have 10+ players more on their books.
Haha if we had 30+ there would be howling, wailing and rending of shirts on here as to why we can't shift our dead wood - which is the case with most of those in the top half of that table.

I didn’t say everything was fine - I said we’re missing a DM and a CB would be nice - I’m just not foaming at the mouth or desperate to sign every player under The Lying Rag - and yes, I think we do have a cracking attacking line up which runs through the entire team - and yes I do think it’s good enough to challenge.

I can’t be clearer, that bar the DM issue, our problems are systemic and chucking money left right and centre on average players isn’t going to fix that - it will always comes down to whether Klopp and his game set up is right, tactically and whether the players on the pitch can execute those tactics to a significantly high enough level to win enough games to challenge for a title.

I hope that kind of clears things up for you, I don’t want you getting all angsty over it.
I don't get upset at the club not signing my suggestions, that would be delusional... I get upset when the club doesn't fix the glaring issues. Me and @moron did go off one, so did @momoWASboss but unlike Momo we didn't blame Klopp, we blamed and still blame FSG. In the winter we blew our gasket again, because we failed to sign any MF and wouldn't deregister or play Melo.
This season, its not only me and @moron or @binomial who are writing sulking posts, most people are. I think my comments have been measured compared to others.

I don't get upset at the club not signing my suggestions, that would be delusional... I get upset when the club doesn't fix the glaring issues. Me and @moron did go off one, so did @momoWASboss but unlike Momo we didn't blame Klopp, we blamed and still blame FSG. In the winter we blew our gasket again, because we failed to sign any MF and wouldn't deregister or play Melo.
This season, its not only me and @moron or @binomial who are writing sulking posts, most people are. I think my comments have been measured compared to others.

You blow your gasket all the time, so does Binomial, Moron has at least learnt to be funny - Momo blew his gasket at Mo then fucked himself off for a break - most others don’t blow their gasket constantly.

You’ve got to wean yourself off this FSG spending thing - it is what it’s always been and it’s not likely to change - so you’re in a doom cycle of constantly getting upset at something that’s not going to change - you’d be as well yelling at the sky about clouds or rain.

(and before you say it - I’m sure there are forums dedicated to Brits complaining about the weather and I’m sure they’re delightful).

We are where we are, we’ll get players in when we fuck off the oldies on high salaries and the budget allows, or we’ll sell someone really good to one of our competitors and rinse them or whatever…

Just chill and enjoy the show.

You blow your gasket all the time, so does Binomial, Moron has at least learnt to be funny - Momo blew his gasket at Mo then fucked himself off for a break - most others don’t blow their gasket constantly.

You’ve got to wean yourself off this FSG spending thing - it is what it’s always been and it’s not likely to change - so you’re in a doom cycle of constantly getting upset at something that’s not going to change - you’d be as well yelling at the sky about clouds or rain.

(and before you say it - I’m sure there are forums dedicated to Brits complaining about the weather and I’m sure they’re delightful).

We are where we are, we’ll get players in when we fuck off the oldies on high salaries and the budget allows, or we’ll sell someone really good to one of our competitors and rinse them or whatever…

If no one complains about it, it's never going to change. It's proven itself to be unsustainable, because we're in the same shit predicament every window and winning the league and CL clearly has no bearing on the outcome, it's the same. So yeah, we should shout and kick and scream about it, otherwise the situation will just stay the same. If we don't have a big player to sell, we struggle to buy what we need.

United spend well, they've been unsuccessful for ages yet still attract and spend big. Yet their fans are still shouting their mouths off about the Glaziers and wanting them out. We're too fucking nice. Not that I want us to become like them, but you don't win anything being wholly nice, we've been like that for years on and off the pitch, to our own detriment.

Haha if we had 30+ there would be howling, wailing and rending of shirts on here as to why we can't shift our dead wood - which is the case with most of those in the top half of that table.

Well we don't want 30+ either, but 22 when the likes of Elliott Baj Jones and Nat are 4 of those squad players......you're very much diving in the shallow end. We're about 3-4 senior players short from an average size squad.

I dont blow my gasket, and to be honest with everyone, I actually have a divided feeling on FSG as I also think Klopp deserves a lot of the blame. I actually love the money ball signings, and FSG's model is a good one. But where I think they are screwed as is playing out right now, i think the moneyball minimum has moved from 20M to 40M now and thats the issue.

1) cant understand why we kept Ox and Nabby for so long, just selling both and buying one player that would be available for the majority of time would have given much rest to Hendo and Fab

2) Hate Klopp for under utilizing the midfielders we did have, Henderson was more talented than he actually showed, so was Gini, and I loved Milner. I dread to think what he will do with Mac10 and Szob

3) Hate Klopp for holding on to players and been stubborn about his targets if true. I dont even trust him, and prefer FSGs stats people.

4) FSG plus Klopp....the gambler type risks in not replacimg players...let Lovren go and did fuck all, Let Gini go and did fuck all. Thiago could never be Gini replacement, his own record shows he was injury prone and could never do the same number of games.

I am excited about the season, because now that Curtis is fit and in the squad I believe we have a great chamce of winning stuff. I know you guys dont rate him, but I think he is one of the best players in Europe in terms of technical ability. I am excited for the season to start.

On FSG, what I hate about their rule, is that they have a gen manager who if given the players (forcefully in some cases) could deliver sustained success, and they are just not taking advantage of that. That is criminal in my book.

I dont blow my gasket, and to be honest with everyone, I actually have a divided feeling on FSG as I also think Klopp deserves a lot of the blame. I actually love the money ball signings, and FSG's model is a good one. But where I think they are screwed as is playing out right now, i think the moneyball minimum has moved from 20M to 40M now and thats the issue.

1) cant understand why we kept Ox and Nabby for so long, just selling both and buying one player that would be available for the majority of time would have given much rest to Hendo and Fab

2) Hate Klopp for under utilizing the midfielders we did have, Henderson was more talented than he actually showed, so was Gini, and I loved Milner. I dread to think what he will do with Mac10 and Szob

3) Hate Klopp for holding on to players and been stubborn about his targets if true. I dont even trust him, and prefer FSGs stats people.

4) FSG plus Klopp....the gambler type risks in not replacimg players...let Lovren go and did fuck all, Let Gini go and did fuck all. Thiago could never be Gini replacement, his own record shows he was injury prone and could never do the same number of games.

I am excited about the season, because now that Curtis is fit and in the squad I believe we have a great chamce of winning stuff. I know you guys dont rate him, but I think he is one of the best players in Europe in terms of technical ability. I am excited for the season to start.

On FSG, what I hate about their rule, is that they have a gen manager who if given the players (forcefully in some cases) could deliver sustained success, and they are just not taking advantage of that. That is criminal in my book.

Anger leads to hate…
Hate leads to suffering!!!

Strong in the force is Curtis….

1) cant understand why we kept Ox and Nabby for so long, just selling both and buying one player that would be available for the majority of time would have given much rest to Hendo and Fab.
Agree, however, last season I think FSG couldn't find buyers. They should have sold them the season before

Hendo under utilized?

Who decides that we will negotiate players in the last 12M of a players contract. Doubt it's Klopp. As to trust, how many players he has signed has flopped? The issue is he hasn't been able to get the funds to get the bodies he wants

Did we have the funds? Why did we wait till the summer to a Konate and not in the winter window?

If we get CB and CDM we will have a good campaign providing we are lucky with injuries

Who signed Melo, Davies and Kabak, it wasn't Klopp?

Klopp's made mistake, he can't continually make gourmet cuisine unless he has the ingredients. His given them a shopping list, which I believe is 4 signings

List me all the players Klopp wanted ?

Klopp should have made a fuss that season when Kabak was signed along with hologram. He also fucked up by not trusting his reserve defenders and instead playing our midfield in defence.

Klopp is a generational manager who can deliver sustained success but underutilized the midfielders he was given. Klopp did not allow the full talent of Henderson and Gini to flourish and you dont trust him, despite him being a generational manager who can deliver success.

oh-okay-75ef4c8748.jpg

If no one complains about it, it's never going to change. It's proven itself to be unsustainable, because we're in the same shit predicament every window and winning the league and CL clearly has no bearing on the outcome, it's the same. So yeah, we should shout and kick and scream about it, otherwise the situation will just stay the same. If we don't have a big player to sell, we struggle to buy what we need.

United spend well, they've been unsuccessful for ages yet still attract and spend big. Yet their fans are still shouting their mouths off about the Glaziers and wanting them out. We're too fucking nice. Not that I want us to become like them, but you don't win anything being wholly nice, we've been like that for years on and off the pitch, to our own detriment.

At this point we all know how FSG operate, whether it is Red Sox or LFC. They are definitely innovative owners. If the playing field was something approaching fair, we would dominate Europe under FSG. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Having said that, no issues with the way you complain or put across your points. But there is a big gap between what you do which is fair versus listing every midfielder and defender in Europe and South America and crying about why we don't sign any of them.

At this point we all know how FSG operate, whether it is Red Sox or LFC. They are definitely innovative owners. If the playing field was something approaching fair, we would dominate Europe under FSG. Unfortunately that is not the case.

Innovative how?

They've done a lot on the commercial side of things and whilst much was made of the whole moneyball thing, aside from that period of Edwards, Klopp and co killing it, I can't say I've been super impressed by them.

@StevieM had my hopes up that we may get him along with Lavia. Very little hope of that given the way we are moving with the Lavia transfer.
He's been great tonight, not saying this just because he's Ivorian but he does remind a lot of Yaya Toure.

Anyway, nice to see CL qualifiers back on UK TV after years of being on that crappy PremierSports subscription garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom