• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

So let me get this right, they "needed" to sell Luiz to meet PSR but can seemingly sign a 50m replacement in the same summer anyway...... & on top of that can sign Maatsen, Archer, Dobbin, Barkley, Iling Jr and Barranxchea for 90m? Um, what? Oh that's right, a deal involving 2 PSR effected clubs, definitely nothing shady going on here then.

So let me get this right, they "needed" to sell Luiz to meet PSR but can seemingly sign a 50m replacement in the same summer anyway...... & on top of that can sign Maatsen, Archer, Dobbin, Barkley, Iling Jr and Barranxchea for 90m? Um, what?

After July 1st.. all bets were off again.

Plus there's massive rumours that PSR rules will be much more relaxed going forward.

All bets arent off but there will be new rules from 25/26:

Premier League's Profitability & Sustainability Rules (PSR) will be replaced as early as this summer by new system of financial regulation.The new system will be aligned with UEFA's squad cost ratio rules - clubs will be limited to how much of their revenue they can spend on transfers and wages.The limit could be as high as 85%.

Villa are currently spending 89% of their turnover on wages alone.

All bets arent off but there will be new rules from 25/26:

Premier League's Profitability & Sustainability Rules (PSR) will be replaced as early as this summer by new system of financial regulation.The new system will be aligned with UEFA's squad cost ratio rules - clubs will be limited to how much of their revenue they can spend on transfers and wages.The limit could be as high as 85%.

Villa are currently spending 89% of their turnover on wages alone.
My point is.. they can rinse and repeat the behaviour under the old rules (sell by June 30th.. buy after July 1st).

Under the new rules they'll no longer have to sell by June 30th.

Just realised Grav is paid as much as Alisson and Macca.

Ridiculous.

Wonder whether Edwards will clear out the person / team who made this deal.

Yep, signing for one club on a free sets a player up for a while and puts them in a strong position.

You’re a Top Top Red now!!!
If the club sold Endo, I was all up for a new CDM (but he will be staying this season). For all my gripes he wasn't too bad last season but towards the end of the season he began to fade, If Morton and Steph can rotate with him, which will give him a rest. Who knows, he could have a new fan.
I think we could do with more pace on the RW, and better a better LB options. However, if it didn't happen I would be okay with it.
In other news, Dutch Journos talking about VVDs future with club and country coming to end. If he does decide to cash it in and move to Saudi, how much should we ask for him realistically, and who could replace him?

If the club sold Endo, I was all up for a new CDM (but he will be staying this season). For all my gripes he wasn't too bad last season but towards the end of the season he began to fade, If Morton and Steph can rotate with him, which will give him a rest. Who knows, he could have a new fan.
I think we could do with more pace on the RW, and better a better LB options. However, if it didn't happen I would be okay with it.
In other news, Dutch Journos talking about VVDs future with club and country coming to end. If he does decide to cash it in and move to Saudi, how much should we ask for him realistically, and who could replace him?

We’re not in the right spot to let him go, so we shouldn’t.

Utd spend 40 mill on a similar striker to Hojlund who also doesnt score many goals. Weird. Third in line as a starter for Netherlands after Depay and Weghorst….

If Endo is happy to stay in Europe, transitioning to a squad player role at Liverpool as he ages seems like a great option. Liverpool is his first big club, so it makes sense for him to stay as long as he can. If he were to leave then we would need to ensure a new DM and Bajectic are bedded into the side. Mac Allister should only be the fallback option if we're seriously stretched and needs to be avoided in any squad planning.

We’re not in the right spot to let him go, so we shouldn’t.
He has a year left, no player should be kept on if he wants to leave in the last year of his contract when he has such value. However, I know LFC prefer players to run their contracts down rather than selling them on

He has a year left, no player should be kept on if he wants to leave in the last year of his contract when he has such value. However, I know LFC prefer players to run their contracts down rather than selling them on
Endos deal is to 2027

i’d take our money back for virgil but you know what the saudi clubs are like they’ll offer him a million a week and us £25m fee

Back
Top Bottom