• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez SIGNED. Welcome to Liverpool Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suarez paves the way for Anfield switch as Babel nears the exit door

I think we should also count ourselves fortunate Hodgson isn't still in charge. Imagine us actually getting our men only for them to turn out being Robert Huth, Carlton Cole and Clint fucking Dempsey. I'd rather have nothing.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261128#msg1261128 date=1295886413]
I think we should also count ourselves fortunate Hodgson isn't still in charge. Imagine us actually getting our men only for them to turn out being Robert Huth, Carlton Cole and Clint fucking Dempsey. I'd rather have nothing.
[/quote]

True!!!

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=43645.msg1261121#msg1261121 date=1295886090]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261090#msg1261090 date=1295885032]
[quote author=dmishra link=topic=43645.msg1261081#msg1261081 date=1295884760]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261073#msg1261073 date=1295884603]
I dont for one second believe a price was agreed and they changed it.
What a pile of crap.
We offered too little, comolli went out there to show how 'serious' we are, we still offered too little and like Barry, Simao, Alves etc before him we were told to fuck off with our penny ante shit.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
[/quote]

This makes me want to fucking cry. We will obviously not get him and watch as he goes to Real or somewhere in the summer and score 30 goals a season.
[/quote]Called it 30 pages ago mate. How many years ago were we linked with serious interest in van der vaart? c.Ronaldo? Walcott?
We're a fucking bullshit outfit when it comes to the transfer market and have been for fucking years. Aye this ones Ajax fault, or Villa, or Porto, or whoever the fuck ever
[/quote]

I think your extremmely harsh here. We have had some wonderful players over the last decade in (and unfortunately out again). Torres, Haman, Sami, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Agger, Riise, Biscan to name a few. We also have had expensive players who ddidnt cut it like Diouf, Keane, Aquaman etc. So to say we never spend big nor we never get our players is just not true. We are a big spender, and like all others we have got it wrong a few times as well.
[/quote]Youre missing the point.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261131#msg1261131 date=1295886460]
[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=43645.msg1261121#msg1261121 date=1295886090]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261090#msg1261090 date=1295885032]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261073#msg1261073 date=1295884603]
What a pile of crap.
We offered too little, comolli went out there to show how 'serious' we are, we still offered too little and like Barry, Simao, Alves etc before him we were told to fuck off with our penny ante shit.

[/quote]

This makes me want to fucking cry. We will obviously not get him and watch as he goes to Real or somewhere in the summer and score 30 goals a season.
[/quote]Called it 30 pages ago mate. How many years ago were we linked with serious interest in van der vaart? c.Ronaldo? Walcott?
We're a fucking bullshit outfit when it comes to the transfer market and have been for fucking years. Aye this ones Ajax fault, or Villa, or Porto, or whoever the fuck ever
[/quote]

I think your extremmely harsh here. We have had some wonderful players over the last decade in (and unfortunately out again). Torres, Haman, Sami, Alonso, Mascherano, Reina, Agger, Riise, Biscan to name a few. We also have had expensive players who ddidnt cut it like Diouf, Keane, Aquaman etc. So to say we never spend big nor we never get our players is just not true. We are a big spender, and like all others we have got it wrong a few times as well.
[/quote]

Really? What is the point then?

Every club misses out on big players over marginal differences in price.

Its called having a backbone and is part and parcel of being a business and a football club.

I'm glad we aren't city.

We're still suffering from the raping and pillaging Hicks and Gillet laid on us over the last 3 and a half years. last two seasons we became a selling club to pay off their LBO debt they promised they'd never put on the club, the cunts. We now have pretty much no debt other than operating. Things WILL get better. I'm sure of it. Just give them a chance. But we have to buy quality players at the right price. Like others have said it's going to take a while for other clubs to realise this. I hope we get better at transfer dealings I really do. We need more dealings like Ming I say. No noise. Deal done. Quality player.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261137#msg1261137 date=1295886782]
We're still suffering from the raping and pillaging Hicks and Gillet laid on us over the last 3 and a half years. last two seasons we became a selling club to pay off their LBO debt they promised they'd never put on the club, the cunts. We now have pretty much no debt other than operating. Things WILL get better. I'm sure of it. Just give them a chance. But we have to buy quality players at the right price. Like others have said it's going to take a while for other clubs to realise this. I hope we get better at transfer dealings I really do. We need more dealings like Ming I say. No noise. Deal done. Quality player.
[/quote]

Well said.

[/quote]

Agrre and i thought this was what Comolli was there for. Finding those deals that is really good. Spotting Suarez when he is still with Groningen i.e. But that should take longer than 3 months. First we need to see what we can use from our own talents. I mean, should we spend 30 mill Euro on Suarez and i.e. block Pacheco at the same move?

We will get there. We have to.

[/quote]

*like*

[move][size=14pt]WHERE THE FUCK IS RYAN?[/size][/move]

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261108#msg1261108 date=1295885574]
[quote author=dmishra link=topic=43645.msg1261102#msg1261102 date=1295885411]
What do you know Paddy?

I promise I will start a 'Comolli, you're ace' thread if this comes off.
[/quote]Hahahaha. Me too.
I just dont understand why we have let it drag so long even if it does come off. Dzeko has played 3 games for city.
[/quote]

How is this a fair comparison?

We don't have City kind of money. I think we all need to accept that, and try to maximise our resources and operate within some constraints.

We are not the first club to let a deal drag on. Xabi Alonso deal happened for centuries. The thread was as big as internet. Same with Mascherano. Manchester United were reportedly very close to sealing a deal for Torres for two full years. Shit happens.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=43645.msg1261132#msg1261132 date=1295886517]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261131#msg1261131 date=1295886460]
What a pile of crap.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Really? What is the point then?
[/quote]

That we very often are very amateurish when it comes to transfers.

I'm not so upset about Suarez though.
I hope our DOF or whatever the hell he is has alternatives tough, because if he doesnt there really isnt anything he adds to the club that a manager wuldnt already do.

And....we may be disappointed this transfer window - I will be as much as the next man but I'm still going to hold fire and wait and see what happens in the summer if that's the case. January is not an easy window transfer wise. I fucking hate the windows anyway. regardless of transfers - we should be doing better with the players we've got and there's signs of recovery out there...small signs but they're still there.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=43645.msg1261139#msg1261139 date=1295886945]
[/quote]

Agrre and i thought this was what Comolli was there for. Finding those deals that is really good. Spotting Suarez when he is still with Groningen i.e. But that should take longer than 3 months. First we need to see what we can use from our own talents. I mean, should we spend 30 mill Euro on Suarez and i.e. block Pacheco at the same move?
[/quote]No. But how long would it have taken to call Ajax in December and say how much for Saurez?
I just dont get it, and this 'he's only been here a few months' thing for Comolli is baffling. Wasnt he watching football when he was at Lille or whoever? Has he got to be in the job for 3 months to assess our needs and START looking for replacements.
Maybe we will in the next 6 days pull off some inspired signings that are shrewd business and really tackle our needs. But i fucking doubt it and even if we do i will be livid as we could have done this January first and maybe not lost 4 games this month.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=43645.msg1261148#msg1261148 date=1295887146]
[move][size=14pt]WHERE THE FUCK IS RYAN?[/size][/move]
[/quote]

[move][size=14pt]IN AUSTRALIA, ASLEEP[/size][/move]

Well, someone wake him up! If ever we needed a percentage, now is it!

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=43645.msg1261149#msg1261149 date=1295887182]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261108#msg1261108 date=1295885574]
[quote author=dmishra link=topic=43645.msg1261102#msg1261102 date=1295885411]
What do you know Paddy?

I promise I will start a 'Comolli, you're ace' thread if this comes off.
[/quote]Hahahaha. Me too.
I just dont understand why we have let it drag so long even if it does come off. Dzeko has played 3 games for city.
[/quote]

How is this a fair comparison?

We don't have City kind of money. I think we all need to accept that, and try to maximise our resources and operate within some constraints.

We are not the first club to let a deal drag on. Xabi Alonso deal happened for centuries. The thread was as big as internet. Same with Mascherano. Manchester United were reportedly very close to sealing a deal for Torres for two full years. Shit happens.
[/quote]I dont care who Manchester United nearly signed! Not in the least. And i am not suggesting we do have Chelsea's money. So what is your point?
Mine is that if we sign N'zogbia or even Warnock or WHOEVER in the last few days of the transfer window i will be pissed off as our needs havnt changed since the fucking slave ships.
CF, DM, WINGERS, LB.
We know what we need, the opportunity to buy them has been there for 24 days in which time we have lost 4 games and gone out of the FA cup. WHY WAIT.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261152#msg1261152 date=1295887297]
But i fucking doubt it and even if we do i will be livid as we could have done this January first and maybe not lost 4 games this month.
[/quote]

You are being unrealistic. If it's that simple, then anyone can do that job.

If you are that bent on being grumpy....

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261151#msg1261151 date=1295887263]
And....we may be disappointed this transfer window - I will be as much as the next man but I'm still going to hold fire and wait and see what happens in the summer if that's the case. January is not an easy window transfer wise. I fucking hate the windows anyway. regardless of transfers - we should be doing better with the players we've got and there's signs of recovery out there...small signs but they're still there.
[/quote]

This Sunny is much more fun than the glum Sunny at the Harry after Blackpool 8)

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=43645.msg1261157#msg1261157 date=1295887757]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261152#msg1261152 date=1295887297]
But i fucking doubt it and even if we do i will be livid as we could have done this January first and maybe not lost 4 games this month.
[/quote]

[/quote]Im just ranting. I like to rant.
Im still happy, and confident we will sign TWO world class players by the end of Feb.
Its just giggles.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=43645.msg1261134#msg1261134 date=1295886667]

Its called having a backbone and is part and parcel of being a business and a football club.

I'm glad we aren't city.
[/quote]

Exactly. It's not as simple as saying 'pay it', we're not City, we're not rich, what we pay now impacts on the rest of the window and the Summer too.

We should be prepared to spend big but we should have a limit, there's a World of difference between the 18m Euro that was being quoted a couple of weeks ago and the 30m Euro that's being quoted today. He would be our record signing if we paid that much, just for some perspective.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=43645.msg1260997#msg1260997 date=1295882827]
[quote author=grjt link=topic=43645.msg1260961#msg1260961 date=1295881884]
[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=43645.msg1260942#msg1260942 date=1295881234]

Still what you describe is pretty much the rules isnt it? So you are wrongg regarding most transfers for the last ten years.
[/quote]

No, mate, no it isnt.

It is widely reffered to as "tapping up", and is completely against Fifa regs.

Apart from that, knock yourself out with the "Liverpool looking stupid...only ones flouting rules...behaving immorally yadda yadda yadda" doom and gloom self-flagellation.

[/quote]

No. That is not tapping up. I disagree strongly. In those cases the selling club gets a compensation for their under-contrtact player is leaving. To have a view of what the transfer would cost totally upfront is ok.

Tapping up is constant bugging of a player through is agent where also all formalities are agreed upfront and then you can push your media buttons until the whole situation gets unbearable for all parties. Ronaldo to Madrid in example.

But hey, lets leave it there. it is all the dark you know 😉
[/quote]

I dont know how to sugar-coat this for you, but you are simply wrong.

The FA (and indeed Fifa) have specifically looked to tackle any contact taking place between a player or his agent with a club to which the player is not under contract. Period.

To talk to that player without permission from the club who owns his contract is "tapping up", and a clear breach of the rules.... rendering your criticism of the club completely without merit.

No. But how long would it have taken to call Ajax in December and say how much for Saurez?
I just dont get it, and this 'he's only been here a few months' thing for Comolli is baffling. Wasnt he watching football when he was at Lille or whoever? Has he got to be in the job for 3 months to assess our needs and START looking for replacements.
Maybe we will in the next 6 days pull off some inspired signings that are shrewd business and really tackle our needs. But i fucking doubt it and even if we do i will be livid as we could have done this January first and maybe not lost 4 games this month.
[/quote]

There's loads to do. It's not just about identifying targets. There's budgets to assess. There's the current squad and their contracts to assess. Income and what expenditure we have. The precarious managerial position of Hodgson at the time didn't help - fuck knows what his targets would have been. Things may have changed significantly target wise since Kenny took over. It's obvious that the type and names of players we were linked with have changed significantly in the two whole weeks since Kenny took over. People forget how long he's been in the job. Two weeks. Two whole weeks. The landscape has change significantly for Liverpool since October but, being fickle footy fans, we expect instant results. Things are just not as easy as that. It's not like signing a player in Football Manager or FIFA 2011. Things are just not as simple as people would like it to be and yes it's frustrating but it's the unfortunate reality. When dealing with millions of pounds deal things are bound to be complex from a negotiation, financial and legal standpoint. There's bound to be loads of contributing factors and considerations to take into account. Plus it's the January window - it's short and player availability isn't that great. Clubs don't really want to sell - it's just our position that's generating our level of eagerness and desperation in wanting to sign players that's clouding the true long term vision here.

We should look to do as good as we can in this car crash of a season - if we can assist that with the right players at the right price who fit the team well we should do that. If not we have to do the best with the players we have and we know we CAN do better with those players. We should not panic buy - it'll just cause more shite.

Get through this season as best we can with the best players we realistically can. Begin the rebuilding of LFC in true earnest in the summer.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=43645.msg1261164#msg1261164 date=1295887973]
[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=43645.msg1261134#msg1261134 date=1295886667]

I'm glad we aren't city.
[/quote]

Exactly. It's not as simple as saying 'pay it', we're not City, we're not rich, what we pay now impacts on the rest of the window and the Summer too.

We should be prepared to spend big but we should have a limit, there's a World of difference between the 18m Euro that was being quoted a couple of weeks ago and the 30m Euro that's being quoted today. He would be our record signing if we paid that much, just for some perspective.

[/quote]I dont believe they have changed the price Mark. If we baulked at thier asking price we should have walked away 2 weeks ago. I dont think anyone is saying buy at all costs and damn the torpedoes. But we KNEW the price. Pay it or move on.

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=43645.msg1261157#msg1261157 date=1295887757]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It's not that simple; but we have no one who can do that job.

That's the problem.

It's also a factor which is affected by the existing strength of the team., IMO.

It's very difficult to play hardball with a strong team which is just trying to make marginal improvements in an already strong team.

But we've basically been doing triage for so long that everyone knows we're desperate in practically every position.

it's always annoying when we're in for a player i'm not sold on, like suarez, and it drags on and on: i manage to put an optimistic slant on it, focus on the player's good points, give him the benefit of the doubt, so that i'm all for us signing him, and then i haven't got a clue whether to be pleased or not when it looks like it might not happen.

it's a queer feeling.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261168#msg1261168 date=1295888130]
No. But how long would it have taken to call Ajax in December and say how much for Saurez?
[/quote]

There's loads to do. It's not just about identifying targets. There's budgets to assess. There's the current squad and their contracts to assess. Income and what expenditure we have. The precarious managerial position of Hodgson at the time didn't help - fuck knows what his targets would have been. Things may have changed significantly target wise since Kenny took over. It's obvious that the type and names of players we were linked with have changed significantly in the two whole weeks since Kenny took over. People forget how long he's been in the job. Two weeks. Two whole weeks. The landscape has change significantly for Liverpool since October but, being fickle footy fans, we expect instant results. Things are just not as easy as that. It's not like signing a player in Football Manager or FIFA 2011. Things are just not as simple as people would like it to be and yes it's frustrating but it's the unfortunate reality. When dealing with millions of pounds deal things are bound to be complex from a negotiation, financial and legal standpoint. There's bound to be loads of contributing factors and considerations to take into account. Plus it's the January window - it's short and player availability isn't that great. Clubs don't really want to sell - it's just our position that's generating our level of eagerness and desperation in wanting to sign players that's clouding the true long term vision here.

We should look to do as good as we can in this car crash of a season - if we can assist that with the right players at the right price who fit the team well we should do that. If not we have to do the best with the players we have and we know we CAN do better with those players. We should not panic buy - it'll just cause more shite.

Get through this season as best we can with the best players we realistically can. Begin the rebuilding of LFC in true earnest in the summer.
[/quote]I know mate im just fannying around.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261170#msg1261170 date=1295888156]
]I dont believe they have changed the price Mark. If we baulked at thier asking price we should have walked away 2 weeks ago. I dont think anyone is saying buy at all costs and damn the torpedoes. But we KNEW the price. Pay it or move on.
[/quote]

But that's just what you believe mate. What if (and none us know for sure) that it is true. We agreed a price and Ajax changed it. What do you say then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom