• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Site upgraded to latest version

So auto dark mode it is now enabled in the site software. However, the auto dark alternative of the default ('light') style is unreadable (at least on my phone). To amend the setting on any device look at the very foot of any page and you will see:

1718359698260.png

You can still choose "6CM default" or "6CM Darker alternative" but I suggest you don't switch 'system' on either until @6TimesaRed has had a chance to sort out the style templates to make them work properly

I'm using 6cm default -> light and can confirm the 6cm Darker alternative on default works fine to for those that prefer a dark version

I notice you have got rid of the automatic updates to the "What's new" page.
Any idea why as I liked the feature?

Not on purpose!

It's updating for me. Can you be specific?

Edit - oh I see it now! @6TimesaRed - can you look at that? Maybe at the 'more' button too?
It's back working now but it seems to be showing all activities on the site including likes etc rather than just new posts.

Jono is working his magic now. Several add-ons we (ok Jono!!!) have been using are no longer maintained and the upgrade to XF 2.3 and the required newer PHP has broken a few. One of which is the auto update widget

It's back working now but it seems to be showing all activities on the site including likes etc rather than just new posts.
on my desktop there are sub-headings - select "unread posts" or "all posts"

1718398041038.png

Cheers @dee
I am not sure at this stage if I am being a useful soundboard or just a complaining git.
That works fine for filtering to posts only from the home page but does not become the default option.
So when you return to the "What's new" tab it shows all new notifications again

@6TimesaRed

Jono, anything to be done or was that the only widget that did what we had pre-upgrade?
It's times like this I am reminded about the joke about how many country and western singers it takes to change a lightbulb,
The answer is ten.
That's one to change the lightbulb and the other nine to sing about how good the old lightbulb was

• Haha
Reactions: dee
Yepp - Jono is the only admin that understands PHP (unless @keniget does?). I can build servers, maintain databases and generally do the low level stuff but the forum software customisation is foreign to me

Right count.

So what im seeing is what's new from the menu goes to latest activity and the lightening bolt goes to unread posts..

Is this what you are saying ?

@6TimesaRed
Jono, the trending content box seems totally irrelevant - threads about Aquialani! I'll try to puzzle out how to tweak it but one for you really

Thinks it is this? But looks different in the ACP (Appearance->widget->trending content).

Last edited:
Not fine tuned it yet.

I just created the idea..

.Fixed all the dead links and created watch threads

• Love
Reactions: dee
Right count.

So what im seeing is what's new from the menu goes to latest activity and the lightening bolt goes to unread posts..

Is this what you are saying ?
Sorry Jono for not getting back to you.
I was referring to the desktop rather than the mobile site.
I see you have got the "What's new" link there now brining you to just unread posts.
The auto renew every sixty seconds which you had previously on this page was great I thought.
Thanks as always for all your endeavours

The auto renew every sixty seconds which you had previously on this page was great I thought
That’s the issue I’m afraid. The non-standard add-on that provided the time auto renew doesn’t work in this version (yet) and so Jono is trying to use standard stuff to emulate what we had as close as is possible

That’s the issue I’m afraid. The non-standard add-on that provided the time auto renew doesn’t work in this version (yet) and so Jono is trying to use standard stuff to emulate what we had as close as is possible
Apologies. I'm clearly being even more of an annoying git than expected. Huge Kudos to you both for all the work.

Last edited:
Yepp - Jono is the only admin that understands PHP (unless @keniget does?). I can build servers, maintain databases and generally do the low level stuff but the forum software customisation is foreign to me

I can probably help, yeah. php isn’t my bread and butter but close enough.

Jono do you think you can find the time to bring Keni up to speed on the templates etc? Would be great to have another pair of hands on this

Back
Top Bottom