• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafa and Xabi

I’m surprised how poor his English is after all this time and the fact nobody has told him it’s Million not millions.

Great insists otherwise. It’s a brilliant show with a great mix across each of the hosts.

I’m surprised how poor his English is after all this time and the fact nobody has told him it’s Million not millions.

Great insists otherwise. It’s a brilliant show with a great mix across each of the hosts.
He is a advanced english speaker with a strong accent and a some non-native hitches. For learning English later in life, it's actually quite impressive.I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. It's objectively not true to describe him as a poor speaker.

Here is a sample sentence:

"I'm quite eclectic, so I don't like the tiki-taka, I think it's a waste of time, and I don't like the direct play. I think you have to do something in between, balance is the key."

He's doing a conversation with people in his non native language on TV. The pace of his delivery is quick. The error you have pointed out is difficult to kill off because it's a cognate, where the word is exactly the same.

I've been banging my stupid cunt head against spanish for the last five years. I'd love to be able to speak spanish as effectively as Benitez speaks English. I'm an advanced intermediate speaker.

The most striking error in the entire piece is when he described Harry Kewell as having speed.

It's Benitez all over, so many little details, a lot of sense, but he's too defensive, not tactically, but personally. Carragher clearly just thinks he made the wrong starting line up, Benitez refers to having courage and finding solutions. Benitez responds to the "facts" rant in the exact same way it was originally delivered. It's why he has the reputation of being stubborn.

Still love him.

It's an enjoyable watch, but my word, he loves going off on tangents and deflecting away any criticism. His memory is also hugely impressive.

He looks relaxed and happy, though, which is nice to see. He's less tightly wound than he was.

The club is far, far more professional today.

Of course, but on the other hand, really ?

We're still talking about the same issues in 2024. Our owners are skint. Or at least seem skint. At least Rafa got a lamp. Poor Slot's got nothing yet.

Also, i'm pretty sure that if Klopp was still the manager, we'd have surely convinced Zubimendi to come over. Slot's a relatively unproven manager and if you're a top player, you'd have to think twice before joining. If Slot performs well this season, i'm sure things will get a lot easier for him next transfer window.

It's not just about the money. It's about so many other factors involved too. And Rafa was trying to get that point across. AI and data will only get you so far, but like the saying goes, it's still a round ball.

I love Klopp above all others but Rafa has something unique about him that just gets you as a fan. The stubbornness, the defiance, the love for the club

One of the few managers that will always be associated with Liverpool first and foremost regardless of anything else they do

Rafa is still a better manager than about half the managers currently employed in the Prem.

The most striking error in the entire piece is when he described Harry Kewell as having speed.

It's Benitez all over, so many little details, a lot of sense, but he's too defensive, not tactically, but personally. Carragher clearly just thinks he made the wrong starting line up, Benitez refers to having courage and finding solutions. Benitez responds to the "facts" rant in the exact same way it was originally delivered. It's why he has the reputation of being stubborn.

Still love him.
Yeah, but why bring all this Alonso stuff up after all these years ?

Of course, but on the other hand, really ?

We're still talking about the same issues in 2024. Our owners are skint. Or at least seem skint. At least Rafa got a lamp. Poor Slot's got nothing yet.

Also, i'm pretty sure that if Klopp was still the manager, we'd have surely convinced Zubimendi to come over. Slot's a relatively unproven manager and if you're a top player, you'd have to think twice before joining. If Slot performs well this season, i'm sure things will get a lot easier for him next transfer window.

It's not just about the money. It's about so many other factors involved too. And Rafa was trying to get that point across. AI and data will only get you so far, but like the saying goes, it's still a round ball.
I would agree that Klopp would have convinced that titty sucking mountain loving fucker to come our way. On the other hand the market has been total shite in terms of managerial talent. The guy from sporting seemed like a complete knob, and xabi still has a way to go in terms of development. Don't get me wrong, first hearing of Slots appointment was a disappointment.

As for money to spend, I find it fucking weird they are signing a GK when we have a decent set of keepers as it is (even with the thought of Alison going next year). But then we don't spend elsewhere? I think there's some money there, they're just tight AF.

Gillet and Hicks fucked us, at least these yanks have added to club in terms of stadium capacity/infrastructure and brought us some success to in recent years.

But I still love the new signing as long as it's not Charlie Adamsesque.

I would agree that Klopp would have convinced that titty sucking mountain loving fucker to come our way. On the other hand the market has been total shite in terms of managerial talent. The guy from sporting seemed like a complete knob, and xabi still has a way to go in terms of development. Don't get me wrong, first hearing of Slots appointment was a disappointment.

As for money to spend, I find it fucking weird they are signing a GK when we have a decent set of keepers as it is (even with the thought of Alison going next year). But then we don't spend elsewhere? I think there's some money there, they're just tight AF.

Gillet and Hicks fucked us, at least these yanks have added to club in terms of stadium capacity/infrastructure and brought us some success to in recent years.

Would he though?
Klopp has failed to convince players to join on numerous occasions.

Would he though?
Klopp has failed to convince players to join on numerous occasions.
True, a better way of putting it would be Klopp may have had more sway in convincing him. One of the things Klopp really understood was the importance of club, supporters and community. He also seemed to be a father like figure to a few of the lads, not sure I get those same vibes from Arne (they may come). Don't get me wrong, I like Arne so far, but I think Klopps charisma and fatherly vibes may have had more sway with Zubimendi.

I also think Jürgen could have delivered a fantastic PowerPoint presentation on coming to join the LFC family. He would have likey threw Linda's titties in there for good measure too.

Good player though Zoobydoo is, I can't help wondering if we may have dodged a bullet there. If he's that attached to his home area and football team (which I don't criticise him for BTW - on the contrary I rather admire someone who puts happiness above ambition) I could envisage a situation in which Jürgen convinced him to come and he then had serious second thoughts.

Finally got round to watching this. Really good interview, and he comes across really well.

I wonder which manager he was talking about that he doesn't like.

Finally got round to watching this. Really good interview, and he comes across really well.

I wonder which manager he was talking about that he doesn't like.
Oh it's obviously Fat Sam
Beer being the clue

On the comment I have highlighted - has that not always been the case anyway - when you say shite - it's actually quite normal. Right now in world football you could argue that the best are Pep, and Carlo. In England in the 2000's we had Fergie, and Wenger really and no one else - and Fergie was the Pep of his day. So the management pool and how you rate it really depended on the teams they were managing and spending power even back then. What we are seeing now is the replacement of those regular merry-go-round managers of the day like Big Sam, that Stoke manager the tall one), Alan P., Harry, etc. - now we have foreign coaches taking their place.

Back
Top Bottom