• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

Anyone actually understand what Ines/Ratcliffe are actually acquiring? Is it 24% of all the shares or 24% of the Glaziers bit? If it’s the latter, then will each of the glaziers sell their Class B shares in equal proportions or are some more willing to trade than others?

The Athletic posted an article earlier this year saying the six Glaziers collectively owned 69% (all the Class B shares and a few class A) and other parties owned the remaining 31% (all class A). Class B have 10x the voting rights of A.

So if Radcliffe gets to buy 24% is it a simple transfer; 45% Glaziers (B), 24% Ineos (B) and 31% others (A)?@Beamrider ?

Anyone actually understand what Ines/Ratcliffe are actually acquiring? Is it 24% of all the shares or 24% of the Glaziers bit? If it’s the latter, then will each of the glaziers sell their Class B shares in equal proportions or are some more willing to trade than others?

The Athletic posted an article earlier this year saying the six Glaziers collectively owned 69% (all the Class B shares and a few class A) and other parties owned the remaining 31% (all class A). Class B have 10x the voting rights of A.

So if Radcliffe gets to buy 24% is it a simple transfer; 45% Glaziers (B), 24% Ineos (B) and 31% others (A)?@Beamrider ?

I think they’re buying a big steaming pile of shit - one full jobbies worth.

And going by how it has been going at Nice it going to continue to be a big pile of steaming shite.

This is the season to capitalize before they strengthen further

I'm not sure the size of the squad is as relevant as the money spent. Bar one or two (Lewis? Bobb who I've never heard of or seen play) all have been brought in for large fees. It would be interesting to see how much that squad cost? Sorry mate if I've triggered you to go and find out for us 😉

Just thinking squad strength wise, this is one of the weaker Man City squad in recent season + they have Club World Cup to pack into their end of year schedule.

This is dated Sep this year: Man Utd top world rankings for squad cost from transfer fees

Untitled.jpg

You get the feeling that City are desperately curtailing their spending to make it seem like there’s no financial fair play issues to speak of.

Tonali in trouble, seems like betting by players is a can of worms. Wonder if Daz has ever bet on games? Surely officials have too.

I think this quote from the BBC article a couple of days ago sums it up quite neatly:

"It is not clear how an Ineos minority stake would be structured and if the Glazers would accept it."

Too early to say, but details should come out as and when a formal offer is made.

I'm not sure the size of the squad is as relevant as the money spent. Bar one or two (Lewis? Bobb who I've never heard of or seen play) all have been brought in for large fees. It would be interesting to see how much that squad cost? Sorry mate if I've triggered you to go and find out for us 😉

That's the key right there. They have zero water-carriers in their squad - even their fringe players would get into most clubs' first teams. They try to divert attention from that by bleating "Which of our players couldn't you afford?" but that's a pathetic attempt to cover up the money-doping on which that club's been built.

Guess he never declared that on conflicts of interest form when he NUFC paid 60m for his services, ouch.
I'm not aware there's any such thing. Football clubs spend ridiculous sums of money at the drop of a hat.
Businesses doing M&A deals at £60m would spend months doing financial, legal, commercial due diligence and spend fortunes on lawyers and advisers to get those deals done in the way that best protects them.
Football clubs say fuck it, splash £60m on a player, do the deal in 2 or 3 days flat and no-one bothers to ask "Is there anything we should know, guys?".
Madness.

AC Milan did them dirty lol.
I laugh cause they've fucked us over a few times too.

And going by how it has been going at Nice it going to continue to be a big pile of steaming shite.

OGC Nice is currently second in Ligue 1 after 8 games, having beaten both PSG and Monaco in that run.

Our erstwhile "perfect signing to be" Khephren Thuram might be a good pick up for Newcastle

OGC Nice is currently second in Ligue 1 after 8 games, having beaten both PSG and Monaco in that run.

Our erstwhile "perfect signing to be" Khephren Thuram might be a good pick up for Newcastle

They've finished 6th, 9th, 5th and 9th in the 4 seasons they've been there. In Ligue 1. I hope they run Utd in the same way.

This is all I can find for the moment.

AFCON : 13 January - 11 February 2024 (final). Exact dates of the group & KO rounds not yet available.

Favourites : Nigeria, hosts Ivory Coast, Egypt, Ghana, Senegal, Morocco, Cameroon, and Algeria (bolded are the most likely but these are probably your last 8).

Liverpool fixture schedule (games that Mo. MAY miss, but hopefully Egypt will be knocked out in time for Mo to return for the EL Last 16 2nd leg):

Note the new PL Mid-Winter break is from January 14th to January 30th.
January
13: Bournemouth (a)
21: Carabao Cup Semi-Final (second leg) - w/c 21 January 2024
27 : FAC 4th Round
31: Chelsea (h)
February
3: Arsenal (a)
7 : EL Last 16 1st Leg
10: Burnley (h)
14 : EL Last 16 2nd Leg
17: Brentford (a)

Last edited:
OK, so realistically, we miss Mo for these PL games

3: Bournemouth (a)

and Maaaaybe February

OK, so realistically, we miss Mo for these PL games

3: Bournemouth (a)

and Maaaaybe February
Errr was my post above not clear enough?

Dependent of course on how far Egypt go (and if he were to be selected for al our games) but up to 8 matches (if they were to win the cup and have a Winner's reception in Cairo).

Egypt will almost certainly make the ¼ finals so the 7th Feb. match is probably the first match he could be available for.

January
13: Bournemouth (a)
February
7 : EL Last 16 1st Leg
10: Burnley (h)
14 : EL Last 16 2nd Leg

Although said in jest - they have so many injuries (not sure when they return) even that is unlikely !
I was about to Quiff and say the same as @StevieM. It could force Ten Hag into playing his younger players and getting some traction .... and then I saw their fixtures!

January
13: Spurs (h)
30: Wolves (a)
February
3: West Ham (h)
10: Aston Villa (a)
13/14 : UCL Last 16 1st Leg (Possible, IF they qualify and if drawn in first group)

Back
Top Bottom