• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

His real name is also Brent Di Cesare or something like that. He can’t pull that name off though.

Mason Greenwood debacle
Anthony domestic violence allegations
Club sale problems
Ohana makes Brucey look like Allison
Harry Maguire
cristiano saga
7-0 win

in the words of one PM, and in terms of the Man U - pool rivalry - “you’ve never had it so good”.

makes you realize how well our club (which has its wobbles) is actually run. (Gives fsg a hug).

A lot's been made, understandably enough, about the effect which losing Ferguson had on them, but losing David Gill from the boardroom was a big blow to them as well. When he went they lost a lot of backroom football nous which hasn't ever been adequately replaced.

Good innit.

He comes off with some great lines.

United being shite has really made a career for him. Wonder what his previous line of work was.

He was a copper working in the fraud dept or something.

Its insane that he has become the beacon of truth in all this and actually talks the most sense.
The end is near.

A lot's been made, understandably enough, about the effect which losing Ferguson had on them, but losing David Gill from the boardroom was a big blow to them as well. When he went they lost a lot of backroom football nous which hasn't ever been adequately replaced.

Good innit.

They’ve both been gone 10 years at this point, though. You’d think there would be some corner turned by now. No complaints

Not sure about that Niall TBH. After Matt Busby they went a quarter of a century (including relegation to what's now the Championship at one point) before Ferguson's tenure began to pay off. I'm hoping their troubles have a long, long way to go yet.

Reactions: dee
When this happens to us more than twice as often as it does to any other team, as those figures indicate, it gets difficult to avoid the impression that it's planned.

When this happens to us more than twice as often as it does to any other team, as those figures indicate, it gets difficult to avoid the impression that it's planned.

Of course it's bloody planned, these broadcasters aren't thick....they know LFC are the most watched club globally in this country.

All about that revenue stream baby come on JJ you know how it is.

Of course it's bloody planned, these broadcasters aren't thick....they know LFC are the most watched club globally in this country.

All about that revenue stream baby come on JJ you know how it is.

Wouldn't disagree, but there are also those who might suggest it would be happening to us even if the above weren't true. I couldn't possibly comment.

Aren’t the home games scheduling normally partly agreed with us? Or do we have no say in this? I thought this was down to tv scheduling and we are involved in the decision process.

Aren’t the home games scheduling normally partly agreed with us? Or do we have no say in this? I thought this was down to tv scheduling and we are involved in the decision process.
You are right - we are involved. The PL, Sky & BT sit down and decide to schedule the Liverpool match at 12.30 and LFC then say "OK"

You are right - we are involved. The PL, Sky & BT sit down and decide to schedule the Liverpool match at 12.30 and LFC then say "OK"

My question surely are we consulted?
Presumably we were and so not totally out of our hands.

I don't think so. We were consulted when the TV deal was struck, that's it.

The bizarre thing, that I heard, is that a team that plays in Europe midweek cannot be scheduled for 12.30 on Saturday (I think that is what causes the 8pm Saturday kick offs).

Not sure if that's totally true, but if it is then why do they allow teams (us) that have a high percentage of their players away on International duty, have that fixture?

Here you go, from a few weeks ago:

https://talksport.com/football/1569...ue-fixture-schedule-return-european-football/
Why is there no 12:30pm kick-off?

There is no 12:30pm kick-off in the Premier League this Saturday due to no games being selected for broadcast.
The slot is usually picked by TNT Sports, however, they will not show an early match this weekend, broadcasting an 8pm game instead.
And this is likely because of the European fixtures taking place in midweek.
[hl]
Manchester City, Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham and Aston Villa all featured in Europe.
Therefore, as they played midweek, they cannot have an early slot on Saturday due to not having enough recovery time.
[/hl]
That will have been the likely reason that Burnley vs Man United will be shown at the changed time of 8pm on TNT Sports.

I don't think so. We were consulted when the TV deal was struck, that's it.

The bizarre thing, that I heard, is that a team that plays in Europe midweek cannot be scheduled for 12.30 on Saturday (I think that is what causes the 8pm Saturday kick offs).

Not sure if that's totally true, but if it is then why do they allow teams (us) that have a high percentage of their players away on International duty, have that fixture?

This change for the euro teams not playing on sat 12.30 is a recent change, so by logic should extend to int games especially SA which are on Thursday. From what I remember, PL clubs are consulted but ultimate decision exists with league and broadcasters.

Last edited:
So Redcafe is in full on meltdown because the Glaziers didn’t sell to the gay-haters. They are now realizing that “Jim” doesn’t have the beans to fix the stadium and remove the debt and all that’s happened is they’ve got an extra voice at the top table.

Marvelous

The bit that really gets me is the owners they hate so much have allowed hundreds of millions to be spent on players. Incredibly it is apparently the owners fault that they spent it badly.

Don't know about "fault" as such, but ultimately it is the Glazers' responsibility. They're the ones who put in place the backroom boys who made those poor choices.

Dontcha just love it.
The way they bash the Glazers its like the Glazers have done nothing good before. The Glazers supported Ferguson very well and reigned over the best era of the club, won all those trophies and made huge strides on the commercial front. After he had left, on no fault of the Glazers, they brought in the likes Van Gaul and Mourinho who were some of the best managers available at the time. You could also place Ten Hag in there as well.
As it is Glazers have also spent huge on players but the choice of players seems like its the fans that have more of a say than the technical team. Usually it's the most featuring names in the tabloids or some over the hill players that won some trophy in the past.
You would think fans aggression towards the Glazers which looks like its overly done and for reasons not built on solid grounds, spills over to the technical staff and scares the sh*t out of them. In such circumstances planning is short term. So the more they protest - Glazers out- the more they dig their hole.
You can't expect a ManU fan who had it all during glory days would fathom the idea of playing second fiddle to their fiercest rival, the solid and all conquering Liverpool, may it last forever.

The way they bash the Glazers its like the Glazers have done nothing good before. The Glazers supported Ferguson very well and reigned over the best era of the club, won all those trophies and made huge strides on the commercial front. After he had left, on no fault of the Glazers, they brought in the likes Van Gaul and Mourinho who were some of the best managers available at the time. You could also place Ten Hag in there as well.
As it is Glazers have also spent huge on players but the choice of players seems like its the fans that have more of a say than the technical team. Usually it's the most featuring names in the tabloids or some over the hill players that won some trophy in the past.
You would think fans aggression towards the Glazers which looks like its overly done and for reasons not built on solid grounds, spills over to the technical staff and scares the sh*t out of them. In such circumstances planning is short term. So the more they protest - Glazers out- the more they dig their hole.
You can't expect a ManU fan who had it all during glory days would fathom the idea of playing second fiddle to their fiercest rival, the solid and all conquering Liverpool, may it last forever.
You absolutely can't put Ten Hags in there. He is in no way comparable to those or any other top manager. They gambled on him becoming one due to his record in the NL. They might as well have gambled on Potter (at that time) who at least had a proven PL record.

Back
Top Bottom