• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PL Opposition Tidbits

Controversial opinion. Utd aren't as shite as we all think, and will prolly still finish top 4.

Yes, they've had a sticky old start to the season, and Ten Haag seems to have gone full Maureen in his player relation strategy, but sadly I still think they'll still finish top 4. We have to remember, in this shite start they've played Arse and Spurs away, and they could have got something out of both of those games, and of course, a poor loss against Brighton at home, where they got what they deserved. Once they have Arambat fit and have a bit more energy and grit in midfield they still have the tools. That boy they bought, Hojland, is going to score goals. Talk me out of this opinion please.

View attachment 2989
8052a1
It’s simple. City, Arsenal and us are miles better and that leaves one place between Utd, Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea, Villa, West Ham etc. Utd are nowhere near consistent enough to finish top of that little group and ETH hasn’t instilled anything close to a coherent system of play (unlike those other sides bar Chelsea) in front of the dodgiest of keepers.

I’m predicting 6th or 7th.

On another note, they have a run of relatively easy games ahead of them, starting with Burnley tonight…but it’s precisely those games that they can’t seem to motivate themselves for. I smell trouble…

Controversial opinion. Utd aren't as shite as we all think, and will prolly still finish top 4.

Yes, they've had a sticky old start to the season, and Ten Haag seems to have gone full Maureen in his player relation strategy, but sadly I still think they'll still finish top 4. We have to remember, in this shite start they've played Arse and Spurs away, and they could have got something out of both of those games, and of course, a poor loss against Brighton at home, where they got what they deserved. Once they have Arambat fit and have a bit more energy and grit in midfield they still have the tools. That boy they bought, Hojland, is going to score goals. Talk me out of this opinion please.

View attachment 2989
8052a1
Onana.

And Ten Hags

It’s simple. City, Arsenal and us are miles better and that leaves one place between Utd, Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea, Villa, West Ham etc. Utd are nowhere near consistent enough to finish top of that little group and ETH hasn’t instilled anything close to a coherent system of play (unlike those other sides bar Chelsea) in front of the dodgiest of keepers.

I’m predicting 6th or 7th.

On another note, they have a run of relatively easy games ahead of them, starting with Burnley tonight…but it’s precisely those games that they can’t seem to motivate themselves for. I smell trouble…
Yep I can't see them finishing ahead of Spurs or Brighton who are both miles ahead of them, as a team, at present. Even Chelsea should eventually manage to get it together with Poch at the helm. United have far too many weak links, a few unproven players, and Ten Hags is more than a bit weird as a manager.

View attachment 2989
8052a1
We are back and Spurs are better than them.
Simple as that.

£1.1Bn spent

After 6 games; one win and 14th

How the fuck have they managed that!

Because majority of the players they have purchased are trash, overhyped or kids.

No one to score goals. They got some physically dominant players who will win the ball back all day. But they lack the class/technique/finesse/goals of a Salah/Szobo/Mac.

We've got probably too much of that in midfield and too little of the physical stuff in CM. Caicedo, esp Lavia when fit, would have been very useful for us. Hopefully we can get Andre in Jan.

Caicedo was close to getting sent off and they have managed one win …. Vs Luton

OMG

The Chelsea team are VERY young so it may well be that it all 'clicks' at some point but at the moment they are lacking cohesion and leadership on the field

The Chelsea team are VERY young so it may well be that it all 'clicks' at some point but at the moment they are lacking cohesion and leadership on the field
Ave. age for 10 players yesterday was 22.5 yrs old (I'm exc. Silva at 39 because he skews everything) ! However the squad age (exc. Silva & 3rd keeper Bettinelli at 31) is even less (ca. 22.3) with 17 players 22 or under. Remarkable but also very very poor planning as there's no certainty any of those youngsters will make it let alone enough to turn them into a team capable of challenging for the PL.

Their midfield:

Caicedo ------------ Gallagher
---------Enzo neck tattoo

Are they looking for wins or scoreless draws?

I love that it's happening to sterling as well.

He's one of their oldest players, and they are looking for a leader that will take chances. Who do they have to turn to? Sterling.

Therein lies the danger with stacking your squad full of [expensive] sprogs. How does one even know whether they’ll make it and aren’t just one season wonders?

Last edited:
I love that it's happening to sterling as well.

He's one of their oldest players, and they are looking for a leader that will take chances. Who do they have to turn to? Sterling.
I was shocked to learn he's still only 28. Feels like he's much older.

Why did they sell Kovacic? Was he going out of contract or was he too old for their Logan’s run inspired transfer strategy?

Losing Azpilcueta and kante probably hasn’t helped with the maturity around the place too.

Therein lies the danger with stacking your squad full of [expensive[ sprogs. How does one know even they’ll make it and aren’t just one season wonders?

Well that and the fact that if you bed players in in a bed filled with shit then they might end up shitty.

Ave. age for 10 players yesterday was 22.5 yrs old (I'm exc. Silva at 39 because he skews everything) ! However the squad age (exc. Silva & 3rd keeper Bettinelli at 31) is even less (ca. 22.3) with 17 players 22 or under. Remarkable but also very very poor planning as there's no certainty any of those youngsters will make it let alone enough to turn them into a team capable of challenging for the PL.
If they only played Xpert 11 these guys would realise this is a long haul approach. Good idea having a couple of serious oldies in there though.

The one upsetting thing about Chelsea doing so terribly is it's giving something for Manure fans to smile about.

Ah well, you can't have everything.

The panic and blame game is starting to set in :

Bruno Saltor has left Chelsea less than four months after the club announced he would work alongside manager Mauricio Pochettino; Saltor originally came to Stamford Bridge as part of Graham Potter's coaching staff; Chelsea have made their worst start to a Premier League season since 1978.

It feels really like Boehly really doesn’t know what he’s doing - as if someone convinced him that it would be way easier than being successful in American sports - he could just chuck money around and sign up all the best young players around and he’d have this unstoppable team - no drafts or salary caps - just stock up on all the talented young players and away we go.

@Beamrider is best confirming - but even if he tries to cut his losses now, with all those massive signing fees and ridiculously long contracts, he’ll not be able to book much profit.

If that team miss out on CL for another season - they’re well fucked.

Can’t be long before Enzo or one of the other better players starts agitating for a move to Real or Barca as the club that’s always been in their heart.

Back
Top Bottom