• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other EPL games thread 19-20 October

Spurs are decent, but absolutely prone to fucking up dramatically. Did you see the brighton collapse? Spurs will spurs. Challenge for a European place until they aren't

For sure, I didn’t say they’d be consistent - but on their day, they can beat anyone. And as long as Son stays fit, they will remain a proper force.

Stop fucking whinging you bunch of fannies. City are corrupt fucks but nothing wrong with that goal. Great effort by Wolves, they just couldn’t hold out.

Wolves blew it. It was correct decision to give goal, although I did think it was a foul by Haaland on the corner preceding the goal. Oh well. Wolves have only themselves to blame.

Fume will still think there's a conspiracy against them. That's poor from VAR. Ref should have had the balls to tell them on-field decision stood and there's not enough there for them to over-rule the on-field decision.
VAR should not have intervened.
Ref should have told them to fuck off.
I guess they figured O'Neil will moan less than Fraudiola.
City outrageously lucky.

Having said what I said, I think the rules need to be looked at.

Forget Bernardo not being offside, the FA need to amend some of these rules. It's unfair to block a GK and foul him off the ball, and then stop doing so just before a header.

Arsenal have mastered this fouling/blocking off the ball and then stopping, just before contact.

These should be called as fouls off the ball.

There’s no way that goal should stand. There are two reasons why Silva is active:

1. He is making direct contact with keeper when ball is coming in, so much so that keeper has to push him off. Active.

2. At the point of the header if you look at the zone between stones and the goal, Silva is in it. This means the keeper has to take this into account.

The VAR fucked up by not showing clips of Silva pushing the GK. You could see every replay they shared and it was all from the point of the header.

Terrible set of mistakes.

Why is it always city who benefit from these.

If think VAR should have recommended 2 checks:

1) Foul/Blocking off the ball
2) Offside 2nd.

It seems like they only checked for offside, and looking at it objectively, I can see why the offside wasn't given. When contact was made, he wasn't in the line of the GK.
But it's possible that blocking/fouling off the ball could have been given earlier.

It should be easy to make “active” less subjective.

Draw two lines from the ball at the point of a shot, one to the right hand post, one to the left. Anyone in that zone between ball and goal is active as a GK needs to plan for the ball going anywhere in this area.

Back
Top Bottom