• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ooooh Fuck...Eto'o As Bait For Mascher ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlads Quiff

Well-Known
Now I really love Mascher, possibly my fav player , possibly for reasons known only to myself, but this one has me thinking, does that make me a bad person?
From the Mirror

Barcelona offer Liverpool Eto'o as bait for Javier Mascherano

Exclusive by Darren Lewis 13/06/2009
Samuel Eto'o (Pic:Getty)

Samuel Eto'o has been offered to Liverpool by Barcelona in a swap deal as the European Champions step up their bid to land Javier Mascherano.

Eto’o, 28, is one of the most sought-after strikers in Europe after failing to agree a new deal at the Nou Camp.

Barca believe offering him to Liverpool for unsettled Mascherano could help to

Advertisement - article continues below »

smooth a deal. Reds boss Rafa Benitez insisted earlier this week that he wasn’t willing to sell his Argentine defensive midfielder to Barca “at any price†– even £50million.

But Mascherano’s agent, Walter Tamer, also spoke this week about Mascherano’s “dream†of playing for the Champions League winners.

And Barca are also well aware of Liverpool’s financial woes as well as their lack of depth in attack. Eto’o has just a year left on his current deal.

Christ there's more there now. Reports saying Rafa is considering swaps with Xabi for Negredo, another saying a straight swap Xabi for Robben...... 😱...........there seems to be a little smoke is there any fire?

Whenever we do business with Madrid we end up getting fucked over

regards

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=34140.msg887206#msg887206 date=1244851003]
I don't want Eto'o. He's 28 and we'd have to change our formation.

I don't want Robben either.
[/quote]

Oh, C'mon!

The man shits goals!

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34140.msg887209#msg887209 date=1244851204]

[/quote]

Oh, C'mon!

The man shits goals!
[/quote]

I'd rather we signed players that have got quite a few of there best years in front on them. Plus where would he play?

Robben i just hate with a vengeance, and he'd probably spend most of the season injured anyway.

[/quote]

[/quote]

He is very unlikable, and injury prone, but he is a fantastic player who plays in a position we need to strengthen, I'd consider signing him....

At the end of the day, if masher and/or alonso really wanted to stay them would have come out and said it by now, like fabregas did today. We need to come to terms with the fact that they both mite be leavin. The question is who do we get to replace them. The rumours suggest that we'l have eto and negredo, two strikers. Well thats obviously not going to happen. At this stage i honestly think one of them will be gone. Who'd be the biggest loss? And who could possibly replace him?

I wouldn't be worrying about either leaving just yet, after all the sources are shit rags and agents. Agents are cunts, and journos are clueless cunts. Chillax everybody.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=34140.msg887209#msg887209 date=1244851204]

[/quote]

Oh, C'mon!

The man shits goals!
[/quote]

True that...but so does Diego Forlan...oh and a certain pairing by the names of Torres and Gerrard.

no thanks to eto for mascherano

as for alonso, he's had a great season but this time last season I wouldn't have cared if he went. I'd take robben and sneijder, robben on his own haha no thanks he's turning into a sick note.

I hope we return the favour to real one of these days, they do seem to bend us over with transfers

After what happened last summer, it's only logical we buy a player that doesn't fit into our preferred system, that will expect to play all the time. Only this time lets make it a moody one, and sell one of our best players for the privilege. Yea, I'm on the fence about this one.

If we panic our way into thinking that in order to compete we have to sell our prized assets it's one step forward two steps back. Unless of course these players want out.

We can buy intelligently and patiently. 30M is not pocket change, even in this market, we can buy quality.

would you be happy enough to sit this transfer window out only making minor changes, no big in's and no big out's?

I would, we came close and the team is settled and working better together, we could go forward by standing still (maybe adding a bit of depth to the squad)

[quote author=Markeh link=topic=34140.msg887221#msg887221 date=1244854972]
would you be happy enough to sit this transfer window out only making minor changes, no big in's and no big out's?

I would, we came close and the team is settled and working better together, we could go forward by standing still (maybe adding a bit of depth to the squad)
[/quote]

I'd settle for just a right back and back up striker and keep what we have.

[quote author=Markeh link=topic=34140.msg887221#msg887221 date=1244854972]

[/quote]

Absolutely not.

Eto'o can play the Kuyt role on the left. If Torres or Gerrard is injured, he can slot in at either position. He shit goals.

I would take Eto'o and 20million for Mascher. 20 million could get us a Cana, he is equally brutal.

[quote author=KopRed link=topic=34140.msg887233#msg887233 date=1244867975]
Eto'o can play the Kuyt role on the left. If Torres or Gerrard is injured, he can slot in at either position. He shit goals.

I would take Eto'o and 20million for Mascher. 20 million could get us a Cana, he is equally brutal.
[/quote]

Eto'o AND 20M ? Where on earth did that come from. Not a chance in hell.

I would love Eto'o here - but not at the expense of detracting from our MF. Our biggest strength is MF, we have a decent defence, not the best but bloody good, and just look at our scoring record over the last two seasons and then tell me why we need to weaken out MF to strengthen our attack ? No logic there at all.

We need more creativity to break teams down - a Silva or even a Lennon would improve that creativity immensely, and Johnson or similar at RB would also help, and we need a back up for Torres when injured or otherwise missing.

Xabi & Masher must stay - they are the rock that last season was based on. We do NOT need to change the structure of the team, just enhance it.

I wonder if there is any truth to these Masher links. I've always thought he'd be perfect for their side and couldn't understand why they didn't go in for him originally - even before he went to West Ham.

But the timing of this is a little odd. Yaya Toure has had a very good season in my opinion and Busquets has emerged as a decent option in that role as well. What would happen to them?

As for Eto'o, great striker but I don't see where he'd fit in.

Manchester United are lining up a move to take Samuel Eto’o to Old Trafford as they prepare to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo’s impending departure.

Sir Alex Ferguson is eager to find a replacement for the Portugal forward as soon as possible and has made a firm inquiry about Eto’o. The United manager is confident of getting the Barcelona forward and knows that he needs to bolster his roster of strikers if Carlos Tévez leaves the club this summer.

Eto’o is one of Manchester City’s leading summer transfer targets, but United look like beating their rivals to the Cameroon player’s signature.
Related Links

* Ronaldo sends shock waves through market

* Who will end up filling Ronaldo's shirt?

* Ferguson in fight to halt United exodus

A £17 million deal for Antonio Valencia, the Wigan Athletic and Ecuador winger, is also in place and should be concluded shortly.

Eto’o, aged 28, had a fine season at Barcelona, scoring 34 goals to help his team to an unprecedented Spanish league, cup and Champions League treble. He was on target in the 2-0 victory over United in the Champions League final in Rome last month.

He has only a year remaining on his contract, but while Barcelona would like to keep him, they would prefer to cash in now rather than lose him for nothing at the end of next season.

City had offered up to £25 million for Eto’o and were prepared to make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League, but United would hope to secure a deal for less.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=34140.msg887242#msg887242 date=1244876176]
I didn't realise Eto'o was that old..

Regards.
[/quote]
That's only his 'official' age.

If it was Iniesta I'd be interested but Eto'o? No way. He's no better than Torres up front and is no more than a good left wing forward. We don't need him and he wouldn't want to be benched as cover for Torres.

If Masher really wants to go I reckon the best we can do is take Yaya Toure as a replacement + 20/25m cash. Toure is very good, plays Masher's role well for Barca and is available (1 year left on his contract?) and the extra cash could really make the difference should we be in for Silva/Villa/Mata/etc.

who wants the move more? they do
who's the older player? eto'o by far

at the beginning of the window did anyone want to sell masch? possibly change our formation? no

just because it glitters....

I would swap them. But only if it included a massive wodge too.
Etoo has one year left he could buy out his contract for 5m so why would we swap a 30m midfielder with 4 years to run.
Etoo plus 15m and im in.

And madrid can get fucked. They want Alonso they can stump up 30m

I dont think anyone wants either of them sold. Its merely a discussion about 'what if'. Though if it does happen i'd rather and cash and none of this poxy player slurr cash crap, it has never worked out. Am i right in sayin that both alonso and Mascher have three years left on their contracts?

This is just Barca trying to outdo real in the "who can best shaft liverpool in the transfer market' stakes.

They can both fuck right off.

If memory serves me right, havent a lot of people on here been slating Mascher's performances this season. Suddenly, when it is suggested we might get rid, he's become a lynchpin.

Lets also not forget the suggestions that Xabi and Mascherano actually might want to go. Xabi reportedly pissed at his treatment by Rafa last summer, and Masch's missus not particularly liking life over here.

Personally, if we lost either of these 2 playeres, it would set us back massively. We need to be adding to the squad, not getting rid of our best players. There is plenty of dross that should be culled rather than giving our rivals (albeit in the CL) the pick of our squad.

[quote author=Rafiagra link=topic=34140.msg887267#msg887267 date=1244882821]
If memory serves me right, havent a lot of people on here been slating Mascher's performances this season.
[/quote]

Really? He rarely seemed out of the top 3 in Mors' player of the week poll. He might not have won many MoMs, but I think the vast majority of sensible people would appreciate his worth to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom