• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Of this 8th place squad, who needs to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to post this morning but never got down to it.

There's no one I particularly want to see gone, these could all feasibly be shown the door without anyone shedding any tears much.

Jones
Downing
Spearing
Wilson
Adam
Doni
Eccleston
Aquilani
Pacheco
Cole

I'd even take a new left back and wouldn't be distraught about Enrique. That might be a bit harsh but I'm not overawed or convinced in the longterm.

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to giving Aquilani, Cole and Downing another go. Or Pacheco.

There's no one I particularly want to see gone, these could all feasibly be shown the door without anyone shedding any tears much.

Jones
Downing
Spearing
Wilson
Adam
Doni
Eccleston
Aquilani
Pacheco
Cole

I'd even take a new left back and wouldn't be distraught about Enrique. That might be a bit harsh but I'm not overawed or convinced in the longterm.
Pretty hard to argue with this.

I hold a vague hope Henderson will somehow turn into something special, not holding my breathe though. Looks like an 8 year old in an under 12 game sometimes.

Jones
Downing
Spearing
Wilson
Adam
Doni
Eccleston
Aquilani
Pacheco
Cole

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to giving Aquilani, Cole and Downing another go. Or Pacheco.

ecclestone and pacheco are good shous too. I would keep doni though, I think he is a decent back-up.

How much would this sorry lot get? being very conservative I think the following:

jones - nominal fee
downing: 11m
spearing: 3m
wilson: 1m
adam - 5-6 m
ecclestone - nf
aqulani: 5m
pacheco: 0.5m
cole: 3m

I'd be looking to sell all of the below if we could get the prices (as an aggregate) listed:

Johnson - £12m
Carroll - £15m
Downing - £10m
Adam - £5m
Reina - £20m

Others like Pacheco, Cole, Aquilani etc go without saying.

I care not to see Stewart Downing in the shirt of my club, ever again.

In fact, now The Dirkilizer's gone, not a fuck is given by me about these rassclaats.

Fucking Kenny letting-down cunts.

The trouble is that as a so called big club and having paid top dollar for many of these boys we are no doubt already paying these lads big big cash just to be shit, this has the double whammy of making them loathe to leave and almost unsaleable to the teams they may improve the rosters of ie the mid table clubs where we found them in the first fucking place. To get rid we would probably have to almost give them away. Last summer was almost apocalyptically bad business.

All that said:

Selling Downing is a definite for me, i would take 6 to 8M if offered, its not even that that is what he is worth particularly more I just find he is appalling. Zero goals and zero assists.... he should never ever ever have been here in the first place, I have genuinely no idea how sick the English game is if any cunt ever thought this boy had it. Pure Wank and sadly we now 20M pounds and a manager later have the stats to prove it.... Sell, sell cheap and sell quick.

Carroll anything around 15M up but only if we could get a better fit in, I still think that maybe he could come good.

Adam 4M, too slow and lacks commitment bottle and generally never gave me the impression of being that arsed.

Reina I wouldnt sell but I would hope to see a more committed effort this time out.

Cole.... will probably go on a free at best considering his wages, a show pony at his best and always was.

Aquilani.... probably 2 to 3 million before we loan the cunt out just to get stiffed again. I do not envisage our new manager instilling enough tiki taki to make him a player for us all of a sudden, he doesnt like it up in the cold north IMO. Sell.

Johnson.... I like him tbh however overpriced he was but it depends on the offer, above 10M would be OK considering Kelly is useful on the flank and on about 60K less every week

Spearing 2 or 3M, simply not up to it IMO.

Carra.... if it wasnt harmful to the team morale, nominal fee considering he is 33 and on big money, probably deserves better treatment from the club mind you.

I dont know enough about the Pachecos and Susos of the team to make a judgement on them.

last summer was dire so dire, we started off well by getting rid of a lot of cheap crap, only to be replaced by more expensive crap.

Selling Carroll for £15M at this moment in time would be borderline ludicrous in my opinion.

He's been showing form these past few months and certainly looks like he's on the up. He's still very young and has proved that he can score goals in the Premiership. The FA Cup final even proved that he can turn games around almost on his own. Could be a very vital player for us for Seasons to come.

Those wanting to get rid have you thought about whom to bring in instead? Just curious.

IMO he is not worth much more than 15 million and has only scored a handful of goals so far for us, you could well be right he does have the potential to be better but lets not kid ourselves that he had anything but a poxy season with 2 or 3 good performances thrown in.

The replacement question is obvioulsy a valid one mind you....

What we need is a 35M pound striker to replace him.

These are the money couldnt tempt me to sell them motherfuckers in our squad
Skrtel
Agger
Johnson
Lucas
Gerrard
Carroll
Suarez (begrudgingly)
Suso
Sterling
Kelly
Bellamy

Thats about it.
I wouldnt I dont think allow any of them boys to leave.
The rest is all about bla bling bla bling.
Id actively seek to sell no one to be honest.
Replace Kuyt with ONE decent priced winger, recall them Euro boys and see what the Messiah can do with them.

These are the money couldnt tempt me to sell them motherfuckers in our squad
Skrtel
Agger
Johnson
Lucas
Gerrard
Carroll
Suarez (begrudgingly)
Suso
Sterling
Kelly
Bellamy

Thats about it.
I wouldnt I dont think allow any of them boys to leave.
The rest is all about bla bling bla bling.
Id actively seek to sell no one to be honest.
Replace Kuyt with ONE decent priced winger, recall them Euro boys and see what the Messiah can do with them.
reina is still world class, he should be on that list.

Agree with mein herr.

Bang on the money. I'd like to keep everyone myself, btu i know thats not going to happen if we are to buy better players.

Why do people want to sell Reina? Because of a season or two of form not quite up there with what he showed formerly?

We've had different managers over the last couple of years, different systems and loads of chopping and changing. Our defensive form generally isn't what it was a few years ago, none of them are protected as well as they were and our fullbacks aren't a patch on what they have been. We played most of last season without any real defensive cover in midfield aswell, so it's no wonder cracks have started to appear. He's still a top keeper and relatively young in Goalkeeping terms. He's the least of our worries so why on earth we should consider flogging him at this stage is beyond me. Yeah we can get the money for him, yeah there's a 'possibility' he's on the slide. There's also the very real possibility that when we bring in a different keeper, we'll realise what Reina gives us.

Selling Carroll for £15M at this moment in time would be borderline ludicrous in my opinion.

He's been showing form these past few months and certainly looks like he's on the up. He's still very young and has proved that he can score goals in the Premiership. The FA Cup final even proved that he can turn games around almost on his own. Could be a very vital player for us for Seasons to come.

Those wanting to get rid have you thought about whom to bring in instead? Just curious.

My problem with Carroll is he seems as much of a problem as an asset. He can be really excellent at times, but I still just don't think he suits the type of game we're going to be playing, and I doubt he ever will. He's also unprofessional and who knows when that's going to rear its head again. If he manages to have a decent Euros then we might just be able to fetch in £20m for him, too.

It's not an easy decision, but my instinct is we'd be better off spending £15m or so on a striker hand picked for the way Rodgers wants to play, even if the player himself didn't have quite the same potential as an individual. And no, I haven't given any thought about who his replacement might be. Pace, finishing ability, and intelligent movement would be the key things I'd be looking for. Someone like Cisse would've been perfect, imo.

My problem with Carroll is he seems as much of a problem as an asset. He can be really excellent at times, but I still just don't think he suits the type of game we're going to be playing, and I doubt he ever will. He's also unprofessional and who knows when that's going to rear its head again. If he manages to have a decent Euros then we might just be able to fetch in £20m for him, too.

It's not an easy decision, but my instinct is we'd be better off spending £15m or so on a striker hand picked for the way Rodgers wants to play, even if the player himself didn't have quite the same potential as an individual. And no, I haven't given any thought about who his replacement might be. Pace, finishing ability, and intelligent movement would be the key things I'd be looking for. Someone like Cisse would've been perfect, imo.

Agreed. The problem for me with him is that, when he's having one of those games where the service isn't there and his touch has deserted him, he's easily isolated out the game by the opposition. I do think his football, his attitude, workrate and touch has got better though and I can understand why selling for half the cash so soon would be a bit ludicrous. We need another striker or two though and then he'll have a fight on his hands, but at least the option of putting a big brute up there will be just that, an 'option'.

Carroll deserves a chance after the last few months.
The rest Mark has spot on.

But I think Enrique will develop nicely with Rodgers as manager.

Why do people want to sell Reina? Because of a season or two of form not quite up there with what he showed formerly?

We've had different managers over the last couple of years, different systems and loads of chopping and changing. Our defensive form generally isn't what it was a few years ago, none of them are protected as well as they were and our fullbacks aren't a patch on what they have been. We played most of last season without any real defensive cover in midfield aswell, so it's no wonder cracks have started to appear. He's still a top keeper and relatively young in Goalkeeping terms. He's the least of our worries so why on earth we should consider flogging him at this stage is beyond me. Yeah we can get the money for him, yeah there's a 'possibility' he's on the slide. There's also the very real possibility that when we bring in a different keeper, we'll realise what Reina gives us.

Mostly because he's gotten older and bigger and stronger. Which means his reactions are slower and he's less acrobatic. I fear he may be on the edge of the cliff and I'd rather make money off him then gamble that he reverts to old form.

I'd listen to offers for anyone in our squad. Yeah, for a couple of players, they'd have to be massive offers but, let's be honest, we don't really need to hang on to any of them to retain our coveted 8th place.

Mostly because he's gotten older and bigger and stronger. Which means his reactions are slower and he's less acrobatic. I fear he may be on the edge of the cliff and I'd rather make money off him then gamble that he reverts to old form.

Ross, is that you?

It's not a question of who needs to go really (even though I'd happily shed one or two of them) but who needs to come in. You don't compete for leagues by chopping and changing your squad with 6 out, 6 in every year.

I'd keep the vast majority of that squad, but look to continually add 2 players of real REAL quality to if every time a transfer window opens up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom