• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Sahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the battle with us is actually getting players here, once we get them under our spell, that's when they wake up to what we're truly about.

I wonder how Wenger is going to convince Mourinho to let Sahin join them. There's nooooo chance in hell. Mourinho fucking hates Wenger.

Sahin's agent left the Bernabeu without reaching an agreement. Real have accepted Liverpool's offer, but Sahin wants Arsenal move. [Marca]

If he comes he comes, but our ethos should always be to sign players who want to play for us, regardless of whether they're only loan signings.

Surely clubs only ever sign players that want to play for them? I mean, the player wouldn't sign a contract with a new club if they didn't want to play for them, would they?

I agree with the general sentiment, but it's not like Sahin doesn't want to come to us.

Put yourself in his shoes. If you are only going on loan for a year, wouldn't you prefer to go to a team in the CL?

It was a response to the general statement;
"If he comes he comes, but our ethos should always be to sign players who want to play for us, regardless of whether they're only loan signings."

As for Sahin, if we wants to go elsewhere and we're second choice then so be it.

It was a response to the general statement;
"If he comes he comes, but our ethos should always be to sign players who want to play for us, regardless of whether they're only loan signings."

As for Sahin, if we wants to go elsewhere and we're second choice then so be it.

Yep, and I agree. I just don't see why some people are making the leap from 'second choice' to 'he doesn't want to come here'.

I can never understand he sentiment that "we only want players who want to play for us / have liverpool as their first choice" aka Kewell, Babel, Adam Morgan...

We want players who have quality and have a killer winning mentality no matter who they play for. Players who don't really care about the colour of the shirt but will die to see the ball in the back of the net. They're called professionals for a reason.

btw, I'm pretty sure Assaidi doesn't give a shit about L'pool, but I'm glad he's here.

Yeah but wenger hates ferguson also, didn't stop them doing business.

Do you not reckon the key to that deal was that they both thought they were fucking each other over?

Wenger - haha £25m for a 29yo sick note with a year left on his contract
Fergie - club captain and top goal scorer, you'll fall apart without him you mugs

He thinks he would rather go ri Arsenal, whereas Jose and everyone else know that when he gets here he will realise it was the right decision.

regards

I can never understand he sentiment that "we only want players who want to play for us / have liverpool as their first choice" aka Kewell, Babel, Adam Morgan...

We want players who have quality and have a killer winning mentality no matter who they play for. Players who don't really care about the colour of the shirt but will die to see the ball in the back of the net. They're called professionals for a reason.

btw, I'm pretty sure Assaidi doesn't give a shit about L'pool, but I'm glad he's here.

It's a sweeping generalisation but no doubt what comes across during discussions has a bearing on whether a player goes to a certain club. I'm sure Sigurrdson told Rodgers he wanted to play for Liverpool and still did.... if we were willing to better the wages on offer at Spurs. Perhaps with Sahin it may come down to a preference to be based in London rather than Liverpool.

Those days are gone, sir.

They're quite matey now.

Probably because Fergie doesn't see Arsenal as a threat anymore.

There is no probably about it. Let Arsenal put together a title run which lasts till April and see Ferguson's reaction.

Source.

Nah gut feeling and I just think the logical choice (for him) is to go to Arsenal. That's if their interest is real and as strong as ours. I can't imagine Jose would dig his heels in TOO much either about letting him go there, even if he'd prefer him to come here.

Logic doesn't really come into play for many players - think about all the young players who've killed their careers by going to Chelsea, Shitty or Madrid. Think about Le Tiss or Shearer staying at squads where they'd win nothing etc. Fuck logic.

I was just thinking logically in terms of CL football more than anything. And as good as Rodgers may be, I doubt Sahin had heard of him before, whereas it appeals much more to a younger player to play under Wenger.

Hope I'm wrong, of course. I'm still quietly optimistic and hopeful he'll join us. But I think the balance is slightly swinging in their favour.

He went to a team that had CL football and played how much?

He's probably never heard of Rodgers, but Mourinho has - and I bet he's made it known what he thinks of, and Xabi has most likely told him about Liverpool. I think that plays in our favor and hopefully pushes him to make the right decision. He'll score the winner against Madrid in a few years time as we beat them in the CL Final! 😉

Those days are gone, sir.

They're quite matey now.

Probably because Fergie doesn't see Arsenal as a threat anymore.

The post says Wenger hates ferguson though. Not the other way around. They're both a pair of cunts as far as Im concerned

He went to a team that had CL football and played how much?

He's probably never heard of Rodgers, but Mourinho has - and I bet he's made it known what he thinks of, and Xabi has most likely told him about Liverpool. I think that plays in our favor and hopefully pushes him to make the right decision. He'll score the winner against Madrid in a few years time as we beat them in the CL Final! 😉

He'd stand more of a chance getting into Arsenal's team than Madrid's, though.

The rest of the post I agree with, and it is close either way. Let's hope you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom