• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Sahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way he'll do a medical on Saturday and start Sunday. Bench maybe. When's the Morrocan lad going to play I wonder?

lol Rumours abound on twitter he didn't turn up to his Arsenal Medical today..

Got a laugh @ the Arse.. defo on his way to us..

Was supposed to have a medical on monday at Arsenal, didnt turn up apperantly.

Its friday tomorrow Doc 😉

I just can't see how this is going to work, we've already got 3 midfielders.

Utterly pointless.

Guarantee Ryan if it comes off you'll change your tune about this.

You'll be pissed off we haven't agreed a permanent fee

Ryan definitely is being serious

I can understand why people would think it's stupid, but he's such a classy player, we'd have to force him in somewhere

Oh yeah... Just Reread it

I remember his posting the other week not knowing much about sahin and thinking we should get a more attacking player (I think)

I'm so relieved we've finally got him. He's going to be brilliant for us - could make the difference between top 6 and top 4.

I wouldnt mind another midfielder if we really were as dire as people here have described it against Hearts. Gerrard is going to need a rest at some point this season and we do need cover.
If one of our starting three gets injured, next in line is either Adam, Spearing, Hendo or Shelvey.

It's not very reassuring.

"@sachinnakrani: Nuri Sahin set to have medical at Arsenal or Liverpool tomorrow ahead of season-long loan move to Anfield or the Emirates all depending on who he signs for. More to come from @AHunterGuardian shortly"

Ryan has got a point - and the only thing I can think of are these points:-

1) BR will play both Allen, and Lucas - always, and now he has to play Sahin
2) BR Does not expect SG to play all games or expects to sub him after 60-70mins per game
3) BR will play SG up front as part of the front 3.
4) SG will be out of quite a few games, and it will be Dempsey (if we sign him) who plays on the right of a front three.

Sahin can also cover for Allen if he gets injured.

Ryan has got a point - and the only thing I can think of are these points:-

1) BR will play both Allen, and Lucas - always, and now he has to play Sahin
2) BR Does not expect SG to play all games or expects to sub him after 60-70mins per game
3) BR will play SG up front as part of the front 3.
4) SG will be out of quite a few games, and it will be Dempsey (if we sign him) who plays on the right of a front three.

Sahin can also cover for Allen if he gets injured.
All very plausible except number 4)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8012898

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Liverpool are close to signing midfielder Nuri Sahin.
Real Madrid are willing to send the Turkey international out on loan and he looked destined to link up with Liverpool's Premier League rivals, Arsenal, earlier this week.
But it is believed the Gunners wanted to make it a permanent move and the 23-year-old was only willing to leave the Bernabeu on loan.
Now Rodgers, who worked with Real boss Jose Mourinho at Chelsea, believes a deal is imminent for Sahin to go on loan to Anfield instead.
"Hopefully in the next 24 hours we will get some confirmation on that," said the Liverpool manager after his side's Europa League win at Hearts.
"It's quite far along. He's a very good footballer."

I wouldnt mind another midfielder if we really were as dire as people here have described it against Hearts. Gerrard is going to need a rest at some point this season and we do need cover.
If one of our starting three gets injured, next in line is either Adam, Spearing, Hendo or Shelvey.

It's not very reassuring.

Shelvey and Suso are more than capable of being fifth and sixth choice.

-----------------------Lucas------------------
-------------Allen--------------Sahin-------

Also, someone here mentioned we don't really need a defensive midfielder in a possession-based game at home so we could field:

------------Allen---------Gerrard------Sahin---------

Thats true. I'd expect to see those three play against Reading at home for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom