• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Nuri Sahin, Part III (Agreed, pending medical)

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.marca.com/2012/08/22/en/football/real_madrid/1345659418.html

Nuri Sahin packs his bags
Ulises Sánchez-Flor. Madrid 08/22/2012
Print
Send

Nuri Sahin has already said goodbye to his teammates. He didn't report for training at Valdebebas on Tuesday and is now waiting for his loan move to Arsenal to be completed. In fact, he has more or less totally emptied his locker, with the exception of a shirt bearing the number 15 (he gave up number 5 to Coentrao).

The Turk has made up his mind to join Arsène Wenger's side, and is now awaiting the green light from Real Madrid. He is not in Mourinho's plans, but the Madrid manager believes he would be better served by going to Liverpool, where he would be guaranteed more playing time.

Alex Song's departure to Barcelona has opened the doors for Sahin to join Arsenal. The Turkish international is convinced he will play a key role at the club, with Wenger himself having assured the playmaker as much.

The French manager sees this as a unique opportunity to get his hands on a player he has been tracking for years. Indeed, he previously tried to sign Sahin from Dortmund, but the midfielder ultimately opted for Madrid. Now Wenger wants him to partner Arteta and Cazorla in what would be a central midfield unit founded on quick passing.

Well thats that then isn't it everyone. Why depress ourselves by having this open as he is going to be an Arsenal Player ? - lets all just say it:

Fuck him, Fuck Arsenal !!! Life goes on and I hope we give him a lesson in football when he comes to Anfield in a couple of weeks. I know I said we are going to lose the game against them, but I really do want to fuck the Arsenal over now.

Well personally I've never been a big Lucs fan and still don't get the hype.

He scores virtually no goals or assists, his passing is limited and very simple (mostly sideways or backwards) and his tackling while improved is hardly that of a player that strikes fear into other teams.

At this stage I'd rather see Gerrard and Shevley in the middle with Allen playing a little further forward as he has in the past. We also have Suso who'd I'd like to see get game time this season.

17M would be alot of money to get for a player that for me is very limited and has just come back from a huge injury that nobody can guarantee won't take a season to get over.

Well personally I've never been a big Lucs fan and still don't get the hype.

He scores virtually no goals or assists, his passing is limited and very simple (mostly sideways or backwards) and his tackling while improved is hardly that of a player that strikes fear into other teams.

At this stage I'd rather see Gerrard and Shevley in the middle with Allen playing a little further forward as he has in the past. We also have Suso who'd I'd like to see get game time this season.

17M would be alot of money to get for a player that for me is very limited and has just come back from a huge injury that nobody can guarantee won't take a season to get over.

Is there any player who 'strikes fear into other teams' on account of their tackling???

Creative players like Messi or Suarez strike fear into me. Or dribblers or poachers.
Tackling (or interception) is a matter of efficiency.

Taken this article from a Gooner website, apparently the original article is in today's edition of Marca. Sounds promising.

The Sahin saga still hasn't been put to rest, although a resolution appears to be around the corner. In the end the Turk's final destination seems to be Liverpool, where his agent, Reza Fazeli, travelled to meet the Anfield club's hierarchy and iron out the details of the deal.

On Monday Sahin's representative went to the Bernabéu firm in his conviction to take the Turk to Arsenal. Wenger had persuaded the player to move to the Emirates, but Madrid changed the course of events when it told the playmaker that the Gunners were unwilling to accept a loan deal and were pushing for a permanent transfer. Neither Madrid nor Sahin himself were happy with this arrangement.

Liverpool, which was the first club on the scene, has once again emerged as the most suitable option, as the player knows that Brendan Rodgers will guarantee him a place in the starting line-up. Sahin approved a switch to Anfield on Tuesday, leading his representative to undertake his whirlwind trip to complete the deal.

Liverpool wants to make the move official on Thursday, provided it can tie up any loose ends with the player. Sahin could be joined in the Premier League by Ricardo Carvalho. According to reports from the BBC, the Portuguese centre-back is set to spend a season on loan at Queens Park Rangers.

Bet this thread will end in tears when he changes his mind again.

Gonna pretend I didn't read the last 10 posts....

Bet this thread will end in tears when he changes his mind again.

Gonna pretend I didn't read the last 10 posts....
The same anguish is felt on Arsenal forums, I bet he ends up signing for for neither club.

Taken this article from a Gooner website, apparently the original article is in today's edition of Marca. Sounds promising.

The Sahin saga still hasn't been put to rest, although a resolution appears to be around the corner. In the end the Turk's final destination seems to be Liverpool, where his agent, Reza Fazeli, travelled to meet the Anfield club's hierarchy and iron out the details of the deal.

On Monday Sahin's representative went to the Bernabéu firm in his conviction to take the Turk to Arsenal. Wenger had persuaded the player to move to the Emirates, but Madrid changed the course of events when it told the playmaker that the Gunners were unwilling to accept a loan deal and were pushing for a permanent transfer. Neither Madrid nor Sahin himself were happy with this arrangement.

Liverpool, which was the first club on the scene, has once again emerged as the most suitable option, as the player knows that Brendan Rodgers will guarantee him a place in the starting line-up. Sahin approved a switch to Anfield on Tuesday, leading his representative to undertake his whirlwind trip to complete the deal.

Liverpool wants to make the move official on Thursday, provided it can tie up any loose ends with the player. Sahin could be joined in the Premier League by Ricardo Carvalho. According to reports from the BBC, the Portuguese centre-back is set to spend a season on loan at Queens Park Rangers.
Yeah it is on the marca website, i saw it there myself http://www.marca.com/2012/08/23/en/football/real_madrid/1345703549.html

I refuse to get my hopes up. its taken me ages to finally accept that he's going to arsenal and at how our club can't compete for top players anymore. I'm not going through all that again. He's going to arsenal and thats that. I'm over it and moving on.

Yeah it is on the marca website, i saw it there myself http://www.marca.com/2012/08/23/en/football/real_madrid/1345703549.html

I refuse to get my hopes up. its taken me ages to finally accept that he's going to arsenal and at how our club can't compete for top players anymore. I'm not going through all that again. He's going to arsenal and thats that. I'm over it and moving on.

Glen_C - I see you're pulling that tantric shit. Holding it in for a few more days to enjoy the pleasure more! Fabio - learn from this guy. He seems to be the guru.

Heh, I typed this last week:

"As for him, not being good enough to play in a Top 4 side, well aside from oncy rubbishing that claim (twice), it’s a fair indication of what the typical British football supporter needs to see in a player in ordfer to value him. If he’s not quick, doesn’t slide about on his arse for half a game, doesn’t provide any assists, and scores fuck all goals – then he’s no use. Look, here’s some Carling Opta stats to prove it too! Charlie Adam has more assists!

The above characteristics, or lack of them are interesting – cos they’d apply to plenty of other footballers around these days too. Busquets. Pirlo. Makalele. Song. Alonso. All shite.

Do a youtube search for ‘Steven Gerrard tackle’ and you get pages of videos. If you watch some of them, we even manage to win a throw in out of them. It’s inspirational stuff. Charlie Adam scored goals and provided assist last season too. We’re currently negotiating with Fulham to get rid of him if reports are to be believed.

In Italy, Spain, Brazil, wherever a player like Lucas would be revered. Wins it back (without launching along on his arse to do so), gets it, keeps it, moves it, and does that again and again. It’s simplistic, and sounds almost workmanlike, but have any of you watched Spain over the last 6 years?"

Heh, I typed this last week:

"As for him, not being good enough to play in a Top 4 side, well aside from oncy rubbishing that claim (twice), it’s a fair indication of what the typical British football supporter needs to see in a player in ordfer to value him. If he’s not quick, doesn’t slide about on his arse for half a game, doesn’t provide any assists, and scores fuck all goals – then he’s no use. Look, here’s some Carling Opta stats to prove it too! Charlie Adam has more assists!

The above characteristics, or lack of them are interesting – cos they’d apply to plenty of other footballers around these days too. Busquets. Pirlo. Makalele. Song. Alonso. All shite.

Do a youtube search for ‘Steven Gerrard tackle’ and you get pages of videos. If you watch some of them, we even manage to win a throw in out of them. It’s inspirational stuff. Charlie Adam scored goals and provided assist last season too. We’re currently negotiating with Fulham to get rid of him if reports are to be believed.

In Italy, Spain, Brazil, wherever a player like Lucas would be revered. Wins it back (without launching along on his arse to do so), gets it, keeps it, moves it, and does that again and again. It’s simplistic, and sounds almost workmanlike, but have any of you watched Spain over the last 6 years?"

I missed that post the first time. Good post.

Disliked the bit about Gerrard tackles cos you know full well he used to come away with the ball a lot more than most & the reason he had to fly in was cos he was covering most of our midfield & attack for the majority of his career!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom