• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs West Ham - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won, which is the main thing, but it was a poor display in many ways.

We conceded two goals, looked a mess defensively and needed their keeper to have an absolute howler of a game to get the 3 points.

It wasn't a good or bad display

It was an ineffective display, up until we made the change.

Zero drive. Wasting shots and passing chances

Are we now picking parts of the match to call shit? Overall, I'd say it was effective, as evidenced by another 3 points.

Wasted shots and passing chances is fair enough, but I can't agree with zero drive. Drive is what got us the result on a difficult day.

Seriously, have we become so good that some of you forget this is still the best league in the world and any team on a good day can make our lives difficult and disrupt our ideal game?

Beating every single team in the league is not easy. We used to understand this only too well.

Are we now picking parts of the match to call shit? Overall, I'd say it was effective, as evidenced by another 3 points.

Wasted shots and passing chances is fair enough, but I can't agree with zero drive. Drive is what got us the result on a difficult day.

Seriously, have we become so good that some of you forget this is still the best league in the world and any team on a good day can make our lives difficult and disrupt our ideal game?

Beating every single team in the league is not easy. We used to understand this only too well.

We didn't play well. Nobody cares if you think otherwise.

I think everyone is right to an extent here. We did make very tough work of a game at home to a team in the relegation zone who have won about 2 away games all season. The reasons for that are no doubt complex, but ultimately we must expect better, particularly as we head into the pointy end of the season and hopefully compete for more trophies. We play like that against Atleti and we're screwed.

I think everyone is right to an extent here. We did make very tough work of a game at home to a team in the relegation zone who have won about 2 away games all season. The reasons for that are no doubt complex, but ultimately we must expect better, particularly as we head into the pointy end of the season and hopefully compete for more trophies. We play like that against Atleti and we're screwed.

Still we scored 3 goals, and had one flagged for offside, in a game were we are "ineffective". That suggest we must have done a lot of things right to waste chances while scoring 3?

We noticeably changed when we made the sub, I don't think it's ridiculous to say we were ineffective up to that point.... Hence the need for a sub and bringing on a player like ox who can carry the ball from midfield with pace and power

We noticeably changed when we made the sub, I don't think it's ridiculous to say we were ineffective up to that point.... Hence the need for a sub and bringing on a player like ox who can carry the ball from midfield with pace and power
Nah, you're right, it's not ridiculous.

I'm just annoyed with the people who are saying we were shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom