• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Leicester City - 3-0 Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robbo was doing all the talking pre-game in the huddle and normally that’s done by Hendo or Milner so looked on from the off.

I dont we need to unearth another CM from somewhere. My understanding is that Thiago is back in contention and just missed the weekend because of lack of sharpness. Ox is also back in training and isnt far off and Henderson was more of a precautionary move to not aggravate any issues.

That said its possible none of the above will be risked for Atalanta. So its possible we may see a midfield of Jones Gini and Milner

Inwould imagine we treat Atalanta some form of training game. Salah to get back up to speed as with Thiago and Henderson. Salah to come off after 70, Thiago and Hendo to play a half.

I've just had a look at the CL squad. Very odd! No Phillips, or other back up U23 defenders, just R Williams. OK makes sense if you don't have much space.

But then the midfield/attack is packed out with 8 kids who have never played in a proper first 11.

Regretting that already.

The kids have to be in there, mate, otherwise the squad has to be smaller - CL rules state that 'a minimum of eight places must be reserved exclusively for locally trained players'. Phillips was left out because he was close to finding another club.

The kids have to be in there, mate, otherwise the squad has to be smaller - CL rules state that 'a minimum of eight places must be reserved exclusively for locally trained players'. Phillips was left out because he was close to finding another club.
I guess my point is we have loads of kids which have to there, no problem with that at all, but we don't have any, other than Rhys Williams who can play CB. Given we were already short a CB with lovren leaving and not bring replaced, you'd have thought they'd have put at least 1 of the other U23s in there.

You’re one of my warriors. You should’ve believed from the start.

The Galadhrim Warriors keep marching on.

See, this is why, despite respecting your raheem leadership and the cause, I don't jump into adding myself to your ranks.

You still have too many half-hearted pussyholes in there who base their belief on the next result or what other teams do.

See, this is why, despite respecting your raheem leadership and the cause, I don't jump into adding myself to your ranks.

You still have too many half-hearted pussyholes in there who base their belief on the next result or what other teams do.

It is possible for belief to grow.

The only one I thought had a slightly off game was perhaps Big Joel, who I thought came out and over-committed a couple of times and left us a bit exposed on occasion, but that was a very minor negative in an all-round great performance.

Some of Milner's passing was outstanding, a very disciplined, composed and controlled performance from young Curtis and Bobby looked like his old self.

I was far more worried about this game than it turned out to be. A very professional performance where we only really allowed Leicester into the game for about 10 mins, and bossed the rest.

Lovely to see 🙂

If you’re going to be in you gotta go balls deep. None of this just putting the tip in shit.

Thankfully there are 5 subs in the CL. We should have 3 planned.

Matip should play the first half. Fabinho (just back from injury) the second half. Rhys throughout the game.

I'd consider doing the same with Millie and Neco.

And if possible, Hendo and Thiago.

I guess my point is we have loads of kids which have to there, no problem with that at all, but we don't have any, other than Rhys Williams who can play CB. Given we were already short a CB with lovren leaving and not bring replaced, you'd have thought they'd have put at least 1 of the other U23s in there.
A squad of 25 players gives you just over 2 players for each of the 11 positions. So four CBs in the squad gives you 2 per starting position; add Fabinho into the mix and you have your "just over", any more would have had to happen at the expense of cover in other positions

I agree, but isn't Rhys injured? He wasn't on the bench last night
Phillips was - don't need them both. They said Rhys was pulled from the Internationals as a precaution (sore hip) not any real physical damage. He's fine and will likely be in the squad for Atalanta - even as a starter !

Guys, you need to realise that Matip and Fabs are going to be our CB-pairing this season. Gomez and Van Dijk aren't coming back.

What I'm trying to say is that Klopp will probably try to play them together as much as possible so that they gel even more. I think we see them start against Atalanta and Brighton on the weekend.
They might then get rested in last two CL games,
depending on the result against Atalanta on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Attended Gransons birthday celebrations yesterday, so was unable to watch the game in it entirety...
But to some up Bobby's goal I have to qoute the youngest grandson

(Said in the voice of WWE star the Rock) "Finally Frimno as scored at Anfield"...lol
Should have had two though

Looking forward to watching the full game later today

Last thought... Suprising how easy the victory looked, with the players we had missing

Jota... what a buy

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Press made it out to be a comfortable win and in a sense it was but only because this team works as hard as any LFC team. Every player who gets the shirt turns up.Nobody has a day off and that's the only way.Individually Milly,Fabio and Jota were in the frame for MOTM but you could easily add 2/3 to that list. I'll go for Milly.To come in after playing a support role and put in a shift like that shows his professionalism.

Keep that up Milly and they'll name a corridor after you.

Guys, you need to realise that Matip and Fabs are going to be our CB-pairing this season. Gomez and Van Dijk aren't coming back.

What I'm trying to say is that Klopp will probably try to play them together as much as possible so that they gel even more. I think we see them start against Atalanta and Brighton on the weekend.
They might then get rested in last two CL games,
depending on the result against Atalanta on Wednesday.
With the progress being made by VvD and Gomez I'm not sure that's true. With the improvements in medical techniques and experience of our medical team, plus new facilities, it sounds like Gomez at least could return (he wasn't ever certified as 'out for the season' and even VvD is a possibility even if unlikely at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez back for the CL semis and final and PL title run-in.

With the progress being made by VvD and Gomez I'm not sure that's true. With the improvements in medical techniques and experience of our medical team, plus new facilities, it sounds like Gomez at least could return (he wasn't ever certified as 'out for the season' and even VvD is a possibility even if unlikely at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gomez back for the CL semis and final and PL title run-in.
I'm no medical expert but I read that Gomez injury is worse than Van Dijks, at least in terms of recovery. Apparently Fraser Forster suffered the same injury in 2015 and was out for 10 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom